FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint selects new ombudsmanCouncil chooses Brenda Purifoy

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, Great, they picked one that had the best first hand experience at violating police policy and peoples rights. I guess that was the best qualification. I can see Ehren was right but for all the wrong reasons. I feel completely betrayed by our elitist city council. I guess she had the DON stamp of approval. Flint is leaders continually prove that we are beyond hope. Anyone, have the vote? Who was for this appointee. I'm giving odds on Donna Poplar being her assistant? Any takers?

Flint selects new ombudsman Council chooses Brenda Purifoy to fill seat
ABC12 News
FLINT (WJRT) - (05/08/06)--The city of Flint had a newly elected ombudsman Monday night.

During their regularly scheduled meeting Monday afternoon, the Flint City Council appointed Brenda Purifoy to the vacant seat.

Purifoy beat out more than 100 people who had originally applied for the position. She says she's ready to serve the city and its residents.

The council had already filled the position once this year but had to go back to the drawing board when their appointee said he didn't want the position.
Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Brenda Purifoy has been selected to be Flint MI USA Ombudsman for the next 7 years. The Flint City Council fulfilled its charter responsibility to fill this office. The Council is a political body and they made a political decision.

The new Ombudsman is now challenged to make her office an effective one. She needs our help. She will have mine.

Congratulations Brenda Purifory.

Terry Bankert 5/9/20006
Post Tue May 09, 2006 6:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted J

Yes, Terry,

We need to support her. I'm just frustrated with our Council's lack of ability to make sound judgements as a body. Why setlle when you can have the best.

We'll have to wait and see what comes of the office. I'm sure with your support. You'll be able to help guide her into becoming an outstanding Ombudsman. I know if I was in the position. I'd be looking for your help and guidance.
Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:51 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Geez Ted.. why don't you two get a room ! LOL Laughing

Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Surprisingly I didn't have a problem with the selection. She was a surprise win. It wasn't like the council was trying to pick a former criminal. She was a police sargeant so she should have familiarity with the police department when she's investigating them.

I thought the vote went very nice. It wasn't racial and it wasn't the mayors people verses the others. I think Prior was the main favorite but he couldn't carry the votes. Purifoy seemed like a surprise win to me. I'm glad it didn't take many rounds to do the voting. I don't like to see our city council looking like idiots. It reflects poorly on them and us.

On another positive note the city council had a newsletter at the last meeting. I thought that was a positive development.

Adam Ford
Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:15 pm 
rapunzel

Purifoy did a nice interview on Newsmaker today.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 10:22 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: