FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Free kittens
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

It's called 35 miles to a gallon. That's how !

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

f) just WHAT is Flintteach's secret identity, and how DID he travel to Florida and back by car and only spend $ 210 for gas...with gas nearly $2.80/gal?

As far as my secret identity.. there is NONE ! And try a disel auto next time you buy. They are worth their price in gold ! And if you ever want to meet me and my babygirl in the picture... we are usually at the ballfields or the courts. Until then.. PEACE !

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

what kind of diesel auto do you have? 35mpg is good mileage. My Impala [gas engine V-6] got around 30-31 mpg freeway driving.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:30 am 

We used a friend of ours Volkswagen Jetta TDI.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:36 am 
Adam

I like the diversion on here. I hate to be the one to bring it back to politics. Sad It's pretty sad but I'm almost surprised someone has seen Keith Speers. Somehow the Flint journal can find him.

For Dale Kildee if he wins like he's pretty much guaranteed to will be 77. He reminds me of the energizer bunny. lol He's pretty much guaranteed to win this term so he should have an excellent chance to win again. 77+8=85 lol I think he can make it to 85. If he'd have gone for the senate he could have become Senate pro-tem or whatever its called instead of the more generic term of "old guy". lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Kildee

Now I know Rapunzel has been mad at me once or twice I wonder if I could make ammends if I bought her the bunny outfit? lol I wonder if I bought her the bunny outfit if she would take one of my kittens??? Maybe I could just dump them off at the police department. Since the mom cat broke into my house shouldn't the police take the kittens? lol

On a side note I think it's pretty much a proven fact if we had girls like these show up at Flint community meetings attendance would skyrocket. lol Maybe Rapunzel can bring that up at the Weed & Seed. I was at the last Weed and Seed and the sad thing is I couldn't tell you what really happened. The Guiliani book was great though.

Back to the age thing. We have Williamson, Williamson, Kildee and perhaps Conroy all over 70. Maybe some day we should get some young people into politics. Seems like they would need the job more than are elderly politicians??? I wonder if Rutherford would run for something again if he wasn't busy with the DDA or whatever he does?
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:27 pm 
rapunzel

Why sit through meeting and read a book rather than the budget?
Quarter million dollar funds but hey what's a bunny outfit?
Ugly kittens!

If you had read the agenda Jerr-berr would be going nuts on the crime mapping statistics. Guess what, I am not gonna show you, now.

Just think when the grant ends, what this neighborhood will look like.

Pay attention!
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:51 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Can't look any worse than it already does ! I drive through the Eastside now that I-69 is tore up. I lived on Dakota as a kid and I can't believe what a shithole it is.

I've been working on the Eastside for over 10 years now and it has gotten worse and worse looking with each passing season.

Franklin and points west are pathetic. Why can't these people clean up their yards? Why must they have cars on blocks in the street and yards? Why must they hang sheets and blankets in their windows? Don't tell me they are poor (that's a sorry ass excuse !) My wife and I had nothing when I was in the Marines and we didn't live like that ! I grew up poor and raised by a single mom but our yard and house (and we kids) were always CLEAN !

You can bust your ass and organize all the GROUPS you want and things will never change in Flint. Why? Because those people have no initiative to better themselves ! They rather live like slobs and blame others !

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:30 am 
rapunzel

Citizens Nuisance Task Force took truckloads of garbage out of this city. TONS! Still more keeps piling up. The city has been helpful working in partnership with community groups. Bill Ayers spoke with CNTF the day before the news announcement he made about the houses being demo'd.

CNTF is tired. Palladino stepped down as CNTF pres. WE WANT CODE ENFORCEMENT!!!! Ayers is also frustrated in putting TEETH in ordinances. The judges are not on board. 5 code enforcers have been laid off. I am not an expert on this subject but people need to take pride in their houses and yards or be held accountable.

Slap a ticket on a garbage pile and it just adds to the trash or blows down the road.

Judges need to know we care about this. They are also elected.

Still put a murderer, thief or an illegal trash dumper in jail? Which would you pick? Funny, Ayers said it escapes me why people keep junk cars like they are valuable.
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:52 pm 
Adam

Hey Rapunzel,
There's going to be tons more garbage to pick up. It doesn't matter how many millions you spend without good government. Haven't you hear of the Mott foundation? Look how much money they have spent on Flint. I don't think social welfare programs our our answer. I think jobs businesses, good government and police crime reduction our our answer. Maybe if your many groups your in would get "political" we could get things like code enforcement and legalize business development.

Why don't you take a look at Lapeer. I bet they don't even have a CNTF, Weed and Seed, neighborhood roundtable, business associations with no business members. Then why don't you compare downtown Flint with downtown Lapeer, and compare the East side of FLint with the north, south west and east sides of Lapeer.

Lapeer doesn't even have the Mott foundation, federal governernment, or state government spending proportionally the kind of money on it like Flint does. Maybe you should take a visit out to Lapeer.

The only city I know that compares to Flint is New York City before Giuliani took over and maybe Saginaw. Saginaw seems to be managed even worse than Flint though.

For the record the book I read was Giuliani's about how to bring back a city. It didn't mention things like CNTF and Weed and seed. It mentioned things like good government and visionary leadership.
Post Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:07 pm 
cornholio
F L I N T O I D

I love my cats, but this always makes me snicker. It's just so wrong!

Post Sun May 14, 2006 5:35 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: