FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Well its starting already
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Frankly, I believe the ID law amounts to a poll tax.
Many local Sec. of State offices have closed. Those remaining have long waiting lines. Many that don't drive have to ride two buses to reach a Sec. of State Office.
Parking is impossible to find for free at the downtown Flint Post office.
Cost for parking.
Cost for ID.

Say your wallet was lost or stolen...you have to have three pieces of identification to get a new ID. Hmm..they were also in the wallet. Social Security office takes how long to send you a new card? after you wait in that long line. new Birth certificate? How long?

Jeez ya figured it out thats why there are so many Republican pickpockets out there lifting the wallets of apparent dem voters and dissin them from voting. Rolling Eyes
Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:58 am 
last time here

i didn't encounter any problems voting nor am i aware of problems
arising in the 7th. ward.. florida and ohio, michigan ain't!! Cool Cool Cool

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[quote]i didn't encounter any problems voting nor am i aware of problems
arising in the 7th. ward.. florida and ohio, michigan ain't!!
What the hell,You saying them 2 states got folks too stupid to figure out the voting process?[quote] Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:04 pm 
last time here

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing naw man!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

them repubs were playing games at those places..you know how
y'all did!!!! Laughing Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wow interfering with voting at poling place must be a bunch of them damn repubs just getting out of the slammer. Anyhow lets run thru this one more time.
Step one , go to polling place, step two Identify self, step three, get ballot(thats the thing you actually vote on) step four go to little cubicle with curtain step inside close curtain behind you (so them evil repubs cant actually see who you casting your vote for, step five (or 5 if we are getting to far up in the english language) make your choice by using that little pointy thing to poke a hole next to your candidates name,(make sure you dont poke all the way thru and while your at it dimple several other spots sos you can claim that damn evil repub who actually handed you your ballot got you all confused so them dem whiners can use your ballot to protest in case your choice for office dont win),Step 6 l Take your ballot to box marked PUT BALLOTS HERE ( a poll worker will help you deposit your ballot if you cant figure out how to do it,(make sure it aint one of them evil repubs who might toss it in the trash can)Step 7 or "siete)"for those who might not be up on the language of the USA head for sign flashing EXIT( or SALIDA for those language challenged illegals) and you have voted. I know it was tough to figure out but trust those dems to work out any problems you may have encountered. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:50 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Perhaps tell that to the poll worker who had stacks of Voter request forms and DID NOT KNOW the affidavit was on the back?
In the first place it is hard these days to encourage citizens to do their civic duty and VOTE. 1/3 turnout at best.
In the second place it is hard to inform voters on candidates and issues. Instead voters read partisan endorsements and negative media campaigns instead of non-partisan forums or non-partisan voter guides where they can make their own decisions.
Thirdly, if one does not have an ID on their person it is likely they will not stop to vote. It is not a large hassle but just one more reason to bypass civic duty in an already busy day.
Fourth, many people with ID are already to lazy to vote. See point No# 1

Peace,
RAP

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:
Good point Josh,
The truth is there is NO Proof that any Voter Fraud was taking place.
This law does nothing to address any possible Voter fraud. It does though cause voter disenfranchisement to low income voters.

Peace,
RAP

It doesn't disenfranchise anyone! If you don't have a photo ID, just fill out & sign the affidavit on the back of the ballot request form. What is so difficult about that?

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:08 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
bigkfly schreef:
Twotap:

A Bushite is a neoconservative who supports Bush. They differ dramatically from old-school Republicans who are closer to libertarians.

Dave Starr:
Not everyone might have seen the election coverage to know the changes enacted. These people still have a right to vote. It is the duty of the clerk and the polling staff to protect voters' rights by following procedure.

Maybe the two of you should reconsider your party affiliation. It must be lonely being a Republican living near Flint. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

As opposed to the Klintonistas, who are to the left of Castro & Hugo Chavez.

How did people know there was an election if they didn't see any coverage??
Per the media, the Clerk said his office was not notified of any problems.

I should change just because "everyone else is doing it"? Also, I;m not a "Bushite" or a Republican. I'm a Conservative.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

[quote="twotap"][quote]i didn't encounter any problems voting nor am i aware of problems
arising in the 7th. ward.. florida and ohio, michigan ain't!!
What the hell,You saying them 2 states got folks too stupid to figure out the voting process?
quote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HEY! My old buddy Ermey!! Long time no see, Gunny.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

The Gunny ROCKS! (Adults only, please!)

Link
Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:43 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
The Gunny ROCKS! (Adults only, please!)

Ahhh. Memories of boot camp. Not a pleasant way to learn, but you DO learn.

Post Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: