FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Area unemployment worst in the state up to 8.3%
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Deb is a really nice woman in a personal context

The Deb Cherry I am familiar with is a tax and spend, anti big business, pro illegal immigration, cut and run from iraq, pro choice, anti second ammendment liberal. Thats a much better description in a political context which is the only one that concerns me Laughing As far as her personal apperance I couldnt care less if shes somewhat obese since I aint likely to ask her out anytime soon.

Last edited by twotap on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:43 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap,
Yes, but a certain someone was nice enough NOT to sink to the level of dirty politics and posting "unbecoming" photos. Why the photo then if you don't care what she looks like?

Yes, I have met Ms. Cherry and have spoken to her at length at a fundraiser, I don't agree with everything that she says, although I am a Demoncrat, also. But I know when a politician is pulling the proverbial wool over my eyes, she is not one of them. No, funky pre-rehearsed hand motions, not a funky answer to a straightforward question, just plain old home grown woman with strong ideas.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:25 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Yes, LTH,

The old antics of pointing the finger and saying you are this and you are that, that's one of the problems that we have!!!

Can you be a Liberal, while being against illegals? Sure. etc. Until you get to sit down with someone and get to know their points of view, you cannot put a label on it.

Labels are for people that really don't want to listen to the other side of the story and don't want to consider anyone else's point of view. Example: You're a Republican? Well, you believe this, and if you deviate then you are not really a Republican you are a confused Democrat!! Wink........etc.

Oh, the pain!! <Insert Lost in Space Dr. Smith's voice here.>

OY!!!

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:30 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
Deb is a really nice woman in a personal context

The Deb Cherry I am familiar with is a tax and spend, anti big business, pro illegal immigration, cut and run from iraq, pro choice, anti second ammendment liberal.

You forgot about small and medium businesses that are suffering. Sorry to be anal but the new taxes the dems and few Republican traitors pushed through from everyware should heart these as well. Personally I was hoping we'd go for the government shut down and repeal the state income tax. I could really have used a raise unfortunately Republicrats in Michigan are a little too liberal to try to push something like that through.

Neoconservatives like Bush and most of the Republican congress probably could have moved US troops to the Mexican border but I guess defending North Koreans borders is more important.

Iraq was an illegal invasion. If you believe in Christianity and the just war principle you should not support the Iraq war.

In addition U.S. interventionism (foreign policy) helped lead to 911. We may not have caused it but we supporter Osama, Saddam hussein and helped creat the current situation in Iran when we helped overthrow the Shah in Iran.

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Andi, I believe you have me confused. I posted no photo of Ms Cherry the one up on the forum is that of Hollywoods favorite "documentary" film maker Mike Moore. Make sure brain is engaged before finger starts typing. Laughing Laughing
As far as outrageous caricatures and unflattering photos go, ever seen what members of your party and their comrades in hollywood and the press consider OK stuff concerning Condaleeza Rice, Linda Tripp, Justice Thomas, Barbara Bush. etc. I wouldnt get too concerned about a little payback when it comes to poking a little fun at someone even if it comes from the right side.

quote:
No, funky pre-rehearsed hand motions, not a funky answer to a straightforward question, just plain old home grown woman with strong ideas.

Well I also spoke with ms Cherry when she came campaigning door to door while I still resided near Davison. At the time Mi was trying to catch up to most of the other states and pass a shall issue law regarding allowing Honest citizens the option of concealed carry. I asked what her thoughts were on the matter and she stated she supported the 2nd ammendment. Of course she like most of the lib dems in the state voted against the bill but she lacked the courage to tell me face to face what her intentions were. Shes a typical lib dem politician period.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:10 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap,

Yes, jumping to conclusions is sometimes the only work out that I get.....sorry.

The only reason that I joke about having to be a Demoncrat is because I have to be identified with a party, for a future job as an election worker, most of my beliefs adhere to "that party" but I do deviate, that is what I was trying to say in the last post..... Think

We have different experiences with different people, eh?

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:53 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Yes, jumping to conclusions is sometimes the only work out that I get.....sorry.

No apology necessary I do it all the time. Smile]
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:11 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

******No apology necessary I do it all the time.****

Thanks twotap.

We're not supposed to get along like this are we? Smile[/img]

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:10 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I never thought these two would get along either.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:20 pm 
last time here

damn 2tap..just when i start to believe your a mean hearted repub,
there you go showing the animals i love.....

YOU NO GOOD!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:03 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya im just an old "Bad ASS" softy. We found that kitten along with 3 others behind our garage living in a woodpile. My wife instantly fell in love with him and I took the other 3 to a place called Precious Paws that finds homes for critters like that. He was 3 wks old and weighed 8oz according to the vet. Took $600 to get him healthy. Never had a feline critter in my life but I have to say never knew what I was missing. Him and the 90lb Golden are pals and he has his own harness and flex leash that i use to take him on walks thru the woods. Holy moly have I turned into a whimp. Well not the libdemocrat kind. Wink
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:38 pm 
last time here

it's so nice seeing a mean spirited conservative soften up and
come home to liberalism.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Cant be turning liberal if I was I would have demanded someone else pay for kittys healthcare.
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:03 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: