FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling supporter disrupts meeting

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Every Tuesday at 10am, there's a meeting at the Northside Ministation. Usual attendance is about 30 people from a large number of block clubs, the Citizens Service Bureau, a City official or 3, and occasionally the Mayor. We discuss problems and accomplishments, and share ideas. Inspector Johnson, from the CSB, gives the crime stats for the previous week; types of crimes and the locations where they were committed. This week, plans were discussed for manning the ministation, and supplying some food for those patrolling on Angels Night, and candy for the area kids on Halloween.

Near the end of the meeting, a man went to the podium and began ranting about how the CSB should be out patrolling the streets, the Mayor was a crook, Walling was Flint's only hope, etc., etc. He was somewhat politely told to shut up & leave. Politics is NEVER discussed at these meetings. We're there to discuss problems and find solutions, not campaign for any candidate.

If this is an example of a Walling supporter, I'm not interested. It's not a good way to persuade people to vote a certain way.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

It would be nice to get these disrupted turds on tape!

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe Ill take a camcorder next week in case it happens again.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

LOL

The CSB

You mean, the five handpicked officers who had no further career before the mayor grabbed them (but more than half had records) oohhh wait, there are only four now, one is out because of preying on women already.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:49 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Rushmoore schreef:
LOL

The CSB

You mean, the five handpicked officers who had no further career before the mayor grabbed them (but more than half had records) oohhh wait, there are only four now, one is out because of preying on women already.

As far as I know, he hasn't been charged with anything yet, let alone convicted.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:25 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

What a joke! The CSB was created to campaign for the mayor. If you can't see that Dave then you need to wise up.
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:53 pm 
last time here

all that matters is an overzealous idiot attempted to
disrupt a neighborhood meeting and got dissed!!!!!!
friggin idiot. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:18 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Voters approved the continuation of a tax for Neighborhood policing. Can anyone tell me what the correct procedure is for handling complaints called in to neighborhood police ministations by local residents?
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

ITS A WALLING THING!

quote:
last time here schreef:
all that matters is an overzealous idiot attempted to
disrupt a neighborhood meeting and got dissed!!!!!!
friggin idiot. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:34 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Rushmoore schreef:
LOL

The CSB

As far as I know, he hasn't been charged with anything yet, let alone convicted.

I bet it would probably help the mayors campaign if the full details were not disclosed and the prosecutor waited or failed to press charges.

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 pm 
last time here

ahhhhhhhhhh, don't you just love ploitics?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:29 pm 
last time here

quote:
last time here schreef:
ahhhhhhhhhh, don't you just love politics?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:30 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Both camps have been known to disrupt meetings.

Walling has been speaking at community meetings which is a practice of most candidates. Community groups often invite each candidate to speak on different days to hear both sides. While at an Eastside meeting Walling made allegations as to why an arson investigator was demoted.

At a meeting hosted later that evening by another group where Walling was the invited speaker... Inspector Johnson hotly denied these allegations made earlier. Not only was Johnson there but a large line of "mayor's crew" standing arms folded against the back wall.

The president of this crime watch group used all of her skill to keep this meeting from getting nasty.

While the inspectors do attend group meetings often to give stats etc. This crew was intimidating to say the least.

Watch .. after the election like after the community police millage passed it will be hard to find an official to attend a nbh meeting.

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:24 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: