FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Too Difficult to take fingerprints off stolen cars?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I was on the phone today following up on some research I've been doing concerning crime. While talking to rather friendly and even encouraging deputy chief, and Officers and Civilian workers in other local Depts. I discovered something that really got me riled up.

Other municipalities require their officers to take fingerprints off of stolen or broken into cars. I was dumbfounded. I told the one Deputy Chief, I’ve been told by many flint officers it is a “waste of time” and “too difficult to get good prints.” I’ve even been told. “why would we do that? Who would we attempt to match them too? Do you have a suspect?” All are responses I’ve gotten form officers in the Flint Police in passing, and from calling in about complaints. If smaller departments with limited resources take the time to do that. And actually investigate crimes, after your car has been broken into. Why Can’t Flint?? They just might actually stumble onto the criminal eventually. Instead of "Just send us a list of what was stolen and their serial numbers." Maybe, by accident, they might find the thief.

I’ve always thought that those where just plain BULL SHIT excuses. Given by officers who just want a paycheck. We have too many of those. Because, this isn’t something I’ve just heard recently. These have been ongoing responses from Flint Police for years.

I may have to discontinue my research. The more I find out about how smaller police departments with MUCH MUCH LESS resources do Much MUCH MORE than our own police. I become more and more disconsolate with Flint Police.

Adam, I may have to let you continue on alone with the information finding. This is really getting me down. You can tell the difference in other police departments in the are from the moment they answer the phone. Completely different atmosphere. They are polite, they seem genuinely interested in helping you get the information your looking for. Full of advise and recommendations.

Unlike calling Flint where they seem completely disinterested, act as if you are interrupting their day. While they are not always rude. They are almost always short with you on the phone. Something has got to change.
Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ellwoodflint

it was taken on sat from Pierce golf course. While my family and I waited for over 2 hours before we decided to call 911 again and tell them we had to get the kids home and called my father-in-law for a ride.
we called about 1:15 in the afternoon. I was extremely polite to the 911 operator and police showed at my house around 5:45. They took a report and that was it. Now, here's the good part. They found my van on sunday evening in Whiting Auditorium parking lot. Instead of calling us and giving us an oportunity to have it towed somewhere, it was automatically towed to the impound, which is closed on sunday, so they didn't bother to call us till monday morning. we went to the station to get a release where we found we had to pay 160.00 impound fees for 2 days plus a state fee. ????
They were gracious enough to wave the flint fee since the vehicle was stolen,
From there we had to pay towing to get it to a dealership...
Now, I am blessed this is the one and only time I've had a vehicle stolen, but it does seem to me that i was violated twice..
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, How about writing some details and signing your name to it. I'll get it put up on my website www.cityofflint.net. This is just they type of feedback I love to post there.

Thank you for your response. I prefer letters/writing with detail. Inccident number or report number. TImes and Dates. always as detailed as possible.

Thanks
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Ted,
It should get you down. Your being a victim. I've told you how to empower yourself and really take action but I can only lead by example. If you really want to get your message out Flinttalk.com and your website are not going to do it. I'd recommend either turning tail and running like many people have if you're not going to stand and really take action. Things are not as bad in our Rpublican strongholds like Lapeer which is not that far away. As of now I intend to stand and fight and try and lead by example. Without support even from my fellow Republicans there's only so much I can do. Do you want to be just another victim or do you want to take action? Maybe if you'd read the book you'd have more of an idea where I'm coming from. You can't expalin hundreds of pages in a few sentences.
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:24 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: