FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jena 6

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Why the Jena 6 Case makes me feel good about race relations:

The facts of the case are that some white guys hung nooses from a tree to send a message (despicable and cowardly and SHOULD be punished..........but not actually a crime by law)

Some young black men beat up a white kid. They're charged with a violent crime..................but ultimately won't pay much of a penalty (If I were intimidated by a noose being hung, I'd want to kick some ass too.)

But this is why it makes me feel better.

THIS case is the BEST i.e most significant, the young generation of black activists have to stimulate them to activate.

This case would not have gained a bit of noteriaty 40 years ago.........because it was probably common place that nooses were hung (sick and disgusting, but common nonetheless)

Twenty years ago this case would probably not have garnered much attention (Remember, it's the white kid who was beat up)

And now............we have young black and white activists in an uproar and marching in the streets because some young African Americans beat up a white kid due to being upset by an offensive action. ( I still don't feel much remorse or sympathy for the white kid)

But think about it.............

Does racism still exists yes
Is it digusting? yes
Do we have a long way to go to elimate racism yes

Have we come a long way YES

At this rate, in 20 years, young, impassioned black activists will be marching because a study shows they have to wait 4 minutes longer, on average, in a medical waiting room for health care (free to all Americans by that time)

Last edited by JBToolFist on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:39 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I was a white student at Flint Northwestern ( a mostly black school) a few years back, and I never had to go to school in fear of being a victim of racial violence, or harrasment. I was never treated bad by the black students when I was the minority and I could walk the halls and go to class just like I did anywhere else.

This case in Jena Louisiana just makes me sick. If I were the principal at that school I would have cut the "white only" tree down a long time ago. The good thing to come out of the demonstration today is that it's giving the case more national attention as it should. You're right JB, race relations has come a long ways, but we still have a long ways to go.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:05 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Very insightful.

Although the sentence was unfair for beating up the white guy
from what what I have heard this guy should have been in jail for beating up his girlfriend?

"Mychal Bell, a juvenile, had been previously convicted of four violent crimes. Bell served probation for a battery that occurred December 25, 2005, and he was subsequently convicted of another battery charge and two charges of criminal damage to property." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_Six

Obviously this is racism and unacceptable but prosecutors do play games with black and white defendents. Bell's public defender was also black and didn't call any witnesses. "Witness accounts conflicted over whether he was involved in the attack.[26] However, court-appointed public defender Blane Williams, himself a black man, did not call a single witness in his attempt to defend Bell."

Although in this situation Bell was unfairly charged why was he walking free with 4 felony convictions?
Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:10 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

http://www.thejenatimes.net/home_page_graphics/home.html

Chronological Order of Events concerning "Jena Six" (scroll down)

"Editor's Note: Because of the overwhelming number of requests from outside media and other individuals/groups, The Jena Times has compiled a chronological order of events from last August until now concerning events surrounding the "Jena Six." This feature was compiled from news stories appearing in this newspaper, whose information came directly from investigators with the LaSalle Parish Sheriff's Department, the Jena Police Department, the LaSalle Parish District Attorney's Office, LaSalle Parish School System officials, and from information obtained from US Attorney Donald Washington and FBI Agent Lewis Chapman. We believe this to be a nearly accurate depiction of events during this past year."

This online local source is more informative and credible than all the national reports. It also reports confirmation this week that a 7th member of the group of students is charged in the December 4, 2006 attack, another juvenile.

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070922/ap_on_re_us/a_place_called_jena

More to the story:

The story goes that a year ago, a black student asked at an assembly if he could sit in the shade of a live oak, which, the story goes, was labeled "the white tree" because only white students hung out there. The next day, three nooses dangled from the oak — code for "KKK" — the handiwork of three white students, who were suspended for just three days.

Much of that is disputed. What happened next is not: Two months later, an arsonist torched a wing of Jena High School. (The case remains unsolved.) Two fights between blacks and whites roiled the town that weekend, culminating in a school-yard brawl on Dec. 4 that led the district attorney to charge the Jena Six with attempted murder. The lethal weapon he cited to justify the charge: the boys' sneakers.

In July, the first to be tried, Mychal Bell, was convicted after two hours of deliberations by an all-white jury on reduced charges of aggravated battery and conspiracy to commit it.

(It was widely reported that Bell, now 17, was an honor student with no prior criminal record. Although he had a high grade-point average, he was, in fact, on probation for at least two counts of battery and a count of criminal damage to property. In any event, his conviction was overturned because an appeals court ruled he should not have been tried as an adult.)

The so-called "white tree" at Jena High, often reported to be the domain of only white students, was nothing of the sort, according to teachers and school administrators; students of all races, they say, congregated under it at one time or another.

_Two nooses — not three — were found dangling from the tree. Beyond being offensive to blacks, the nooses were cut down because black and white students "were playing with them, pulling on them, jump-swinging from them, and putting their heads through them," according to a black teacher who witnessed the scene.

_There was no connection between the September noose incident and December attack, according to Donald Washington, an attorney for the U.S. Justice Department in western Louisiana, who investigated claims that these events might be race-related hate crimes.

_The three youths accused of hanging the nooses were not suspended for just three days — they were isolated at an alternative school for about a month, and then given an in-school suspension for two weeks.

_The six-member jury that convicted Bell was, indeed, all white. However, only one in 10 people in LaSalle Parish is African American, and though black residents were selected randomly by computer and summoned for jury selection, none showed up.
Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:06 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

proving once again, people are nuttier than can be expected.

it appears that there are some similarities in part with our own SWA football situation and the Jena situation in that the media to a large part has played a significant role in establishing the public's opinions versus the actual facts of the cases.

who could resist the siren song of "you're not a criminal, you're a victim"...that is playing out in both communities.

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:33 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Similarities? Yes, certain things do ring a bell. (I also posted this on MLive Flint Town Talk.)

http://thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070825/NEWS01/708250317

Excerpts:

Bell denied bond due to criminal history
By Abbey Brown

JENA -- In addition to Mychal Bell's recent felony conviction, his criminal history was revealed Friday to contain four other violent crimes.

Because of that, a LaSalle Parish judge denied the 17-year-old bond in his current scrape with the law.

Bell was convicted in June of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit that crime for his part in a Dec. 4 incident at Jena High School that left fellow student Justin Barker unconscious.

Bell is one of six black students, known as the "Jena Six," who have been charged in connection with the attack on Barker, who is white.

According to court documents, someone hit Barker from behind, knocking him out, and then others began to kick and stomp his "lifeless" body. He spent about three hours in a local emergency room for treatment of injuries to his head and face.

Three months prior to that attack, Bell committed two violent crimes while on probation for a Christmas Day battery in 2005, according to testimony. Later that same week, he led the Jena Giants to a shutout victory in a football game against the Buckeye Panthers.

Bell was adjudicated -- the juvenile equivalent to a conviction -- of battery on Sept. 2 and criminal damage to property on Sept. 3, said Cynthia Bradford, LaSalle Parish deputy clerk.

A few days later, on Sept. 8, Bell rushed 12 times for 108 yards and scored three touchdowns -- one of the best performances of the year for the standout athlete.

Mack Fowler, Jena High's football coach at the time, said Friday he hadn't heard about Bell's specific criminal history.

"That's the first I've heard of these," Fowler said of the September incidents. "And in a small town like this, you would think I would have heard about it."

Fowler said that at one point he had a policy in place more severe than the school's when it came to students with discipline problems. But he said he discovered that while he was punishing his players, the school "wasn't doing anything" to them.

Fowler said he decided then that he was going to do the same thing the school did -- nothing.
"LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters pointed out that Bell was placed on probation until his 18th birthday -- Jan. 18, 2008 -- after an incident of battery on Dec. 25, 2005. After being placed on probation, he was adjudicated of three other crimes, the two in September and another charge of criminal damage to property that occurred on July 25, 2006."
Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:41 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Good Morning Flint
Terry Bankert
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
9/23/07

FULL ARTICLE AT
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=16124#16124

These issues are fair game for the public and the press. I am critical of the breakdown in our criminal justice system where people in authority who are specifically precluded have released or even confirmed this information, for politcal gain. i.e to look good!

Judges are responsible for deciding guilt and innocence. It is expected that people with position and authority in the system will know the law and follow it.
JENNA 6
Juvenile adjudication are not meant to have public disclosure by people within the criminal justice system, and presumptively not for political gain by elected officials holding the highest positions in the local criminal justice system.

Bell was adjudicated -- the juvenile equivalent to a conviction -- of battery on Sept. 2 and criminal damage to property on Sept. 3, said Cynthia Bradford, LaSalle Parish deputy clerk.

See 00sl2 post: http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=16121#16121
ALSO

http://thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070825/NEWS01/708250317

A few days later, on Sept. 8, Bell rushed 12 times for 108 yards and scored three touchdowns -- one of the best performances of the year for the standout athlete.

Mack Fowler, Jena High's football coach at the time, said Friday he hadn't heard about Bell's specific criminal history.

"That's the first I've heard of these," Fowler said of the September incidents. "And in a small town like this, you would think I would have heard about it."

FOWLER DID NOT HEAR OF THE JUVENILE ADJUDICATION BECAUSE POSSIBLE HE WAS NOT MEANT TO AND THE LAW SEALED THE RECORD!-TRB]

SWA 2

HYTA (youthful trainee)the law calls for there not to be public disclosure by people within the criminal justice system , and presumptively not for political gain by elected officials holding the highest positions in the local criminal justice system
An assignment of an individual to the status of youthful trainee as provided in this chapter is not a conviction for a crime, and the individual assigned to the status of youthful trainee shall not suffer a civil disability or loss of right or privilege following his or her release from that status because of his or her assignment as a youthful trainee. [ MCL 762.14(2); MSA 28.853(14)(2).3 ][Bobek-trb]

A person who successfully completes youthful trainee status will not be considered to have been convicted of a crime, and the record is closed to public inspection. People v Dash, 1. 216 Mich App 412, 414; [Page 576] 549 NW2d 76 (1996). The YTA is a remedial statute and is to be construed liberally for the advancement of the remedy. People v Bobek, 217 Mich App 524, 529; 553 NW2d 18 (1996). [Harnes-trb]

MCL 762.14(2) provides that the assignment of an individual to youthful trainee status does not result in a conviction [Cited as Rahilly-trb]

See:
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=15871#15871
or
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintcitizen/
Somebody has leaked it.
And that's in violation of the statute. [Bobek-trb]
IN A SIMILAR CASE-
Defendant's plea was conditioned upon her assignment to youthful trainee status. Her desire to be placed on youthful trainee status is clear.
She is a world-class figure skater who is subject to intense media scrutiny.
She chose to plead guilty so that the crime would not be publicized and so that she would not have a criminal record that could jeopardize her skating career.
The disclosure to the press of information regarding the crime and defendant's assignment to youthful trainee status rendered it impossible for defendant to complete her probationary period in the anonymity required by MCL 762.14(3); MSA 28.853(14)(3), see now MCL 762.14(4); MSA 28.853(14)(4).
[Boek-trb]
The trial court opined that closure of the proceedings was mandated by § 14(3) of the YTA, MCL 762.14(3); MSA 28.853(14)(3), see now MCL 762.14(4); MSA 28.853(14)(4), [Boek-trb]

"The YTA offers a mechanism by which youths charged with committing certain crimes between their seventeenth and twenty-first birthdays may be excused from having a criminal record." Bobek, supra at 528-529. This remedial legislation was "designed to alleviate problems with young offenders by permitting the use of rehabilitation procedures prior to conviction . . . ." People v Perkins, 107 Mich App 440, 444; 309 NW2d 634 (1981). The act establishes an administrative procedure exercisable at the discretion of the trial judge when requested to do so by the affected youth. People v Bandy, 35 Mich App 53, 58; 192 NW2d 115 (1971).
[Giovanni-trb]
This is an exceptional case for a couple of reasons. One, purposes of the statute has [sic] been supported already. Somebody has leaked it. And that's in violation of the statute. So the purpose of the statute was to protect young people so that the public would not be aware of their behavior.
And it's also an exceptional case because while the statute says there shouldn't be any civil ramifications or loss of rights or privileges, I'm not so sure that the U.S. Figure Skating Association would feel compelled to overlook this case that we have here. And if they were to disqualify Nicole illegal [sic], it would take her longer than probably the three weeks to be able to qualify and get the disqualification removed and harm would have been done.
You should understand that you would never get another chance for Y.T.A., and I think you now know and learned your lesson that people are going to be out there to shoot you down, if they can.[Bobek-trb]
The YTA provides a mechanism for individuals who commit certain crimes between the time of their seventeenth and twenty-first birthdays to be excused from having a criminal record. People v Bobek217 Mich App 524, 529; 553 NW2d 18 (1996), citing People v Dolgorukov, 191 Mich App 38, 39; 477 NW2d 118 (1991). Pursuant to MCL 762.11, an individual within the restricted age range may plead guilty of a specified offense, and the court having jurisdiction may assign the individual to the status of youthful trainee.

Once having assigned the individual to the status of youthful trainee, the court may commit the individual to custodial supervision for not more than three years in a specially designated Department of Corrections facility, place the individual on probation for not more than three years, or commit the individual to the county jail for not more than one year. MCL 762.13.

Thus, the individual assigned to youthful trainee status is nonetheless punished for the crime committed. The individual assigned to youthful trainee status derives a benefit from the status if he successfully completes the punishment imposed. MCL 762.14 provides in relevant part:

(1) If consideration of an individual as a youthful trainee is not terminated and the status of youthful trainee is not revoked as provided in section 12 of this chapter [ MCL 762.12], upon final release of the individual from the status as youthful trainee, the court shall discharge the individual and dismiss the proceedings.

(2) An assignment of an individual to the status of youthful trainee as provided in this chapter is not a conviction for a crime and, except as provided in subsection (3), the individual assigned to the status of youthful trainee shall [Page 114] not suffer a civil disability or loss of right or privilege following his or her release from that status because of his or her assignment as a youthful trainee.[Cited as Rahilly-trb]

(4) Unless the court enters a judgment of conviction against the individual for the criminal offense under section 12 of this chapter, all proceedings regarding the disposition of the criminal charge and the individual's assignment as youthful trainee shall be closed to public inspection, but shall be open to the courts of this state, the department of corrections, the department of social services, and law enforcement personnel for use only in the performance of their duties.[Cited as Rahilly-trb]

-
[trb] Comments of Terry Bankert attorneybankert@yahoo.com

update 9/14/07
FLINT -- Two Southwestern Academy football players have been suspended from the team for the rest of the season and football coach Gary Lee has been suspended indefinitely after the students were allowed to play despite serving time in jail, an attorney for Lee and one of the players confirmed today.
See
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/09/sheriff_says_he_expects_swa_pl.html#more

RULE OF LAW?

Mob hysteria, not tempered review, knee jerk over reaction.
What is the law: they are not convicted and have a status under a statute that now people in power have violated.
http://www.flinttalk.com/post-15871.html#15871

Post Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071012/ap_on_re_us/jena_six
'Jena 6' teen Mychal Bell back in jail

JENA, La. - A teenager at the center of a civil rights controversy was back in jail Thursday after a judge decided the fight that put him in the national spotlight violated terms of his probation for a previous conviction, his attorney said.

Mychal Bell, who along with five other black teenagers is accused of beating a white classmate, had gone to juvenile court Thursday expecting another routine hearing, said Carol Powell Lexing, one of Bell's attorneys.

Instead, after a six-hour hearing, state District Judge J.P. Mauffrey Jr. sentenced him to 18 months in jail on two counts of simple battery and two counts of criminal destruction of property, Lexing said.

He had been hit with those charges before the Dec. 4 attack on classmate Justin Barker. Details on the previous charges, which were handled in juvenile court, were unclear.

"He's locked up again," Marcus Jones said of his 17-year-old son. "No bail has been set or nothing. He's a young man who's been thrown in jail again and again, and he just has to take it."

After the attack on Barker, Bell was originally charged with attempted murder, but the charges were reduced and he was convicted of battery. An appeals court threw that conviction out, saying Bell should not have been tried as an adult on that charge.

Racial tensions began rising in August 2006 in Jena after a black student sat under a tree known as a gathering spot for white students. Three white students later hung nooses from the tree. They were suspended but not prosecuted.

More than 20,000 demonstrators gathered recently in Jena to protest what they perceive as differences in how black and white suspects are treated. The case has drawn the attention of civil rights activists including the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Sharpton reacted swiftly upon learning Bell was back in jail Thursday.

"We feel this was a cruel and unusual punishment and is a revenge by this judge for the Jena Six movement," said Sharpton, who was instrumental in organizing the protest held Sept. 20, the day Bell was originally supposed to be sentenced in the case.

Mauffrey, reached at his home Thursday night, had no comment.

Bell's parents were also ordered to pay all court costs and witness costs, Sharpton said.

"I don't know what we're going to do," Jones said. "I don't know how we're going to pay for any of this. I don't know how we're going to get through this."

Bell and the other five defendants have been charged in the attack on Barker, which left him unconscious and bleeding with facial injuries. According to court testimony, he was repeatedly kicked by a group of students at the high school.

Barker was treated for three hours at an emergency room but was able to attend a school function that evening, authorities have said.

Bell, Robert Bailey Jr., Carwin Jones, Bryant Purvis and Theo Shaw were all initially charged — as adults — with attempted second-degree murder and conspiracy to commit the same. A sixth defendant was charged in the case as a juvenile.

Bell, who was 16 at the time, was convicted in June of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit that crime. LaSalle Parish prosecutor Reed Walters reduced the charges just before the trial. Since then, both of those convictions were dismissed and tossed back to juvenile court, where they now are being tried.

Charges against Bailey, 18, Jones, 19, and Shaw, 18, have been reduced to aggravated second-degree battery. Purvis, 18, has not yet been arraigned.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:49 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Two of 'Jena Six' defendants present BET award
By Abbey Brown
abrown@thetowntalk.com
(318) 487-6387

Two of the teens enmeshed in the nationally known "Jena Six" case helped present the most anticipated award during Black Entertainment Television's Hip Hop Awards show broadcast Thursday night.

Carwin Jones and Bryant Purvis were introduced by Katt Williams, a comedian and the awards show's host, as two of the students involved in a case of "systematic racism."

"By no means are we condoning a six-on-one beat-down," Williams said during his introduction of the teens, one of whom is still facing attempted murder charges in connection with the attack on white student Justin Barker. "... But the injustice perpetrated on these young men is straight criminal."

As Jones and Purvis walked onto the stage at the Atlanta Civic Center, where the awards show was filmed on Saturday, they were greeted by a standing ovation.
"They don't look so tough, do they?" Williams joked as the teens stepped up to the podium.

Both Jones and Purvis thanked a number of people, including family, friends, the "Hip-Hop Nation" and the thousands who came to their small hometown to rally behind their case.

Purvis said the Sept. 20 rally proved "our generation can unite and rally around a cause."

The teens assisted Williams in presenting the Video of the Year honor to Kanye West for "Stronger." Purvis handed the award to West, who in turn shook hands with both teens.

'Should be humbled'
Some have been critical of the appearance, saying the teens -- accused of knocking Barker unconscious and then stomping and kicking on him until another student intervened -- shouldn't be made out to be celebrities. Barker was treated at a local emergency room for close to three hours and then released.
"If anything, they should be humbled and go home and not be trying to get celebrity status off a tragedy," one person wrote on a BET blog post.

Another wrote on the blog, titled "What's wrong with this picture?" featuring a picture of Jones and Purvis on the red carpet, "... this is what I was protesting for! So that later you could show up at the BET awards and style and profile?"

But Tina Jones, Purvis' mom, said BET contacted the Jena Six families to come to the awards show "to get away for a relaxing weekend."

Also attending the show was Mychal Bell's father, Marcus Jones; Carwin Jones' parents, John Jenkins and Dwanda Jones; and Theo McCoy, the father of Theo Shaw, another defendant.

"You can't get caught up in what people say," Tina Jones said. "They are going to say something no matter what you do."

She said her son was most excited about meeting rappers Birdman and Lil Wayne.

Court allowed the trip
Some have questioned if Carwin Jones and Purvis were allowed to leave the state legally, but Bill Furlow, a spokesman for LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters, said the boys sought and received the court's permission before going.
Jenkins said the past few months have been stressful for everyone involved and that it was "good to see the kids go out and have fun and laugh."

"I'm just praying that everything turns out OK for everybody," he said.

But the criticism has been extensive, including comments from those who said they made the trek to Jena for the rally.

"They can find somebody else to march for them (be)cause I will not be there the next time, and whoever invited them to this should be slapped," one person wrote on the BET blog. "(You're) not setting a good example for the justice that everyone is fighting for. You look like the thugs they said the Jena 6 are. Thanks for making us look stupid!"

A poster who said he was from near Jena said it is "sad making the Jena 6 out as heros."

But Tina Jones emphasized that the appearance was only an opportunity to get away from the stress of the case and Jena -- not about raising awareness or gaining celebrity status.

Purvis' attorney, Darrell Hickman, declined to comment about his client's appearance and said he doesn't know of any others scheduled in the future.

Messages left Thursday for Carwin Jones' attorney, Mike Nunnery, went unreturned.

Calls placed Thursday to the Barker family for comment went unanswered.

Carwin Jones and Purvis were charged initially with second-degree murder, along with Bell, Shaw, Robert Bailey and Jesse Ray Beard, in connection with the Dec. 4 beating of Barker at Jena High School.

Bell, who was 16 at the time of the attack, is the first of the six defendants to have been tried and was convicted in June of aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit that crime. Both of those felony convictions later were vacated and sent back to juvenile court.

Bell is currently at the Renaissance Home for Youth in Alexandria , said the Rev. B.L. Moran of Jena, who has actively advocated for the teens, including testifying at a congressional hearing earlier this week.

Bell had spent almost 10 months incarcerated in a LaSalle Parish adult facility before being released on bail in September. He was free for two weeks before being taken back into custody and sentenced to 18 months in connection with two previous juvenile adjudications, the Rev. Al Sharpton said.

Charges against Bailey, Carwin Jones and Shaw have been reduced to aggravated second-degree battery and conspiracy to commit that crime, which they will face in adult court. Current information about Bell's and Beard's cases are unknown as they are being handled in juvenile court and aren't open to the public.

Purvis is scheduled for arraignment on Nov. 7
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:48 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Those kids did nothing WRONG, I hate it when this white people are always trying to make young blacks look bad! This is another case of racisim, the white boys should be locked up for the nooses!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

I have tried to find a positive in the entire issue, and the only wins seem to be the Jackson/sharpton crowd, along with the Nancy Grace types. They all make more money to pay for their bimbos on the side, nothing is resolved and bigotry remains triumphant.

Woo, America!
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

. One of my favorite quotes from this whole fiasco was made by some defense attorney who stated " the charges should be lessened because even though the six "young" beaters were kicking the downed fellow in the head they did not mean to seriously harm him because they were all wearing tennis shoes". Rolling Eyes I guess that means he would have been OK with attempted murder if a couple of the "kids" were wearing some hard soles. Laughing
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh with you FlintWorker its a love/hate thing. But laws are laws, doesn't matter what color you are. If the a law is broken, there needs to be a consequence.

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
Those kids did nothing WRONG, I hate it when this white people are always trying to make young blacks look bad! This is another case of racisim, the white boys should be locked up for the nooses!

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

pass................. Embarassed

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:44 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: