FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Al Bore gets the Nobel peace Prize??

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

For a work of fiction???
OSLO, Norway - Former Vice President Al Gore and the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change won
the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize Friday for their efforts to spread awareness of man-made climate change and lay the foundations for counteracting it.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=4481724&ch=61492&src=news

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Oh ya Algore joins the ranks of such notable past winners as Yassar Arafat who as we all know was peacenik of high regard, James Earle Carter whos weak ineffective presidency did more to inspire our enemies than even Clintoms lack of resolve and of course old Nelson Mandella whos favorite form of persuasion was lighting a gasoline soaked tire placed around the necks of those he disagreed with. Bunch of leftists handing out millions to more leftists, what a joke. Rolling Eyes
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, what the heck.. Back in 1939, one of the nominees for the peace prize was Adolph Hitler.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Let me see...a bunch of uber-lefties heaping awards on uber-lefties.

Not unlike Emmys, Grammys, etc.

Nope...couldn't care less.
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

"Oh no! Grab your Bible and put it over your head, dear! It's truth is the only thing that will protect us from the Devil's science words!"

Leave it to paranoid conservative wackos to make climate change a tomato throwing contest. If only we could harness your ignorace to power the earth . . . and the heavens!

Note Exxon's Donations to Religious Charities:

http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/exxon.html

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/03/25/68/

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jay Leno cracked a joke last night....

If Al Gore were to run for President, who would Bill Clinton support?

The man who was under him for eight years...or the woman who was under him once? Very Happy
quote:
Leave it to paranoid wackos I assume you are joking unless you are referring to Algores legions. Rolling Eyes
Ps Us wacko conservatives usually spell whackos with an h. Confused By the way how about those previous winners? Very Happy
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:06 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Public D schreef:
Leave it to paranoid conservative wackos to make climate change a tomato throwing contest. If only we could harness your ignorace to power the earth . . . and the heavens! /

Tell me, oh great and wise one, how were the Great Lakes formed?

And how many dinosaurs were driving SUV's?

As for Al Bore, if he weren't such a "symbolism over substance" liberal, perhaps he wouldn't be flying everywhere in a private jet.

Speaking of symbolism over substance, John Edwards thinks us common folk should give up our SUV's.

""He also said as president he would ask residents to conserve energy and said the nation needs to focus on being a leader in creating alternative energy. He said he wants a national cap on carbon dioxide emissions that is lowered each year.

"We are the worst polluter on the planet. We are 4 percent of the world's population, we're putting out 25 percent of the world's greenhouse gas," Edwards said. "America's going to have to change."

Edwards was asked during his appearance how he explained the contradiction of asking Americans to sacrifice while he's living in a 28,000-square-foot mansion.

He said he came from nothing, worked hard all his life..."

Just don't ask him to give up his 28,000 square foot mansion in the name of conservation.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/UPDATE/708290447/1148/AUTO01

And I say, again, why must you always quote left leaning sources to make your point?
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

More on Gore

From the NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Thursday, Aug. 10, 2006 10:06 a.m. EDT
Al Gore's Hypocrisy Exposed

Al Gore insists the world must embrace a "carbon-neutral lifestyle" and make necessary sacrifices to head off what he warns will be an environmental cataclysm – but in his personal life he doesn’t practice what he preaches.

"Humanity is sitting on a ticking time bomb," warns the Web site for his global warming documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth.” "We have just 10 years to avert a major catastrophe that could send our entire planet into a tailspin."

Gore tells consumers how to change their lives to curb their carbon-gobbling ways: Switch to compact fluorescent light bulbs, use a clothesline, drive a hybrid, use renewable energy, dramatically cut back on consumption.

But "public records reveal that as Gore lectures Americans on excessive consumption, he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. He also has a third home in Carthage, Tenn.,” Peter Schweizer, author of the book Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy,” writes in USA Today.

"For someone rallying the planet to pursue a path of extreme personal sacrifice, Gore requires little from himself.”

Story Continues Below

Gore doesn’t follow his own advice when it comes to energy consumption, either.

In the Washington, D.C., area, utility companies offer wind energy as an alternative to traditional energy, and similar programs exist in Nashville. Utility customers who pay a few extra pennies per kilowatt hour can take a big step toward a carbon-neutral lifestyle.

But according to public records, there is no evidence that Gore has signed up to use wind energy in either of his large residences, reveals Schweizer, a research fellow at the Hoover Institution.

"Talk about inconvenient truths.”

Gore claims to be environmentally friendly, but he hasn’t dumped his family's large stock holdings in Occidental (Oxy) Petroleum. As executor of his family's trust, over the years Gore has controlled hundreds of thousands of dollars in Oxy stock, while Oxy has been beset by controversy over oil drilling in ecologically sensitive areas.

Humanity might be "sitting on a ticking time bomb," but Gore's home in Carthage is sitting on a zinc mine.

Gore receives $20,000 a year in royalties from Pasminco Zinc, which operates a zinc concession on his property. Tennessee has cited the company for contaminating the nearby Caney Fork River with quantities of barium, iron and zinc.

"The issue here is not simply Gore's hypocrisy; it's a question of credibility,” Schweizer writes.

"If he genuinely believes the apocalyptic vision he has put forth, and calls for radical changes in the way other people live, why hasn't he made any radical change in his life? Giving up the zinc mine or one of his homes is not asking much, given that he wants the rest of us to radically change our lives.”
Post Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:24 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
More on Gore

From the NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Thursday, Aug. 10, 2006 10:06 a.m. EDT
Al Gore's Hypocrisy Exposed

But "public records reveal that as Gore lectures Americans on excessive consumption, he and his wife Tipper live in two properties: a 10,000-square-foot, 20-room, eight-bathroom home in Nashville, and a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Va. He also has a third home in Carthage, Tenn.,” Peter Schweizer, author of the book Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy,” writes in USA Today.

EIGHT Bathrooms?? He really is full of it.

Post Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:52 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: