FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Offical Numbers

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Flint 911 reports the number of calls they've taken for the Flint Police. Now, those numbers are not an INDIVDUAL INCIDENT. Keep in mind, 911 can get two to twenty calls for the same incident. But, the numbers I'm using are the total number. The real number is much smaller. So here it goes.

911 took 124,428 calls for police response in 2005.
Chief Hagler stated that the 40 community policing officers handled 22,000 incidents. With dept of 254 officers the dept as a whole should be able to handle a minimum of 139,000 incidents. If all the officers worked as hard as those 40. But we are not talking incidents here. We are just talking calls! incidents are far fewer. only I'm running into road blocks trying to get the actual number of incidents in Flint.

Remember now. This is just 911 total of calls. NOT total of incidents. You may get 2 to 20 calls for the same exact thing. And usually do.

I am waiting on someone to get back from vacation, so when I send in my next FOIA request. I know exactly what to ask for. Because, so far everyone I've talked to down town. Doesn't have clue. And if that is really true. And they are not stonewalling me. Then I can see why Flint is in the problems it is in. Because they don't have a clue as to what is going on.

FYI. I called asking about the report for 2005 that summarizes the calls and incidents handled by the Flint Police Dept. They claim they have no idea what I'm talking about. I explained about the 911 report and what it contained. I am sure they know. I'm sure they have a report. If they don't. I can now understand how Don Williamson could say there was a "MAJOR REDUCTION IN CRIME" for 2005. Because he honestly doesn't know. He cannot know. If they don't even have it written down somewhere or in a report that outlines the calls and incidents for 2005. Without that. You can' make any educated statement about actual numbers. I've been using News articles and Interviews to collect my data. National crime stats and reports. Ie the 911 report.
Post Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: