FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What budget crunch?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Budget crunch? Great time for a new state police headquarters.

Oh wait...it won't hit the budget until 2009...so I guess there's no reason to think about it or plan for it until then.

I guess if you're a buddy of the governor there is no budget crunch.

This is what that income tax increase will go for...more wasting of our money.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=4d2d270b-8b66-4a6f-a9bc-5ef4a97d6813

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alhunnwIZXY
Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

While I am in agreement that public safety should be the first priority, along with the needs of the elderly and genuinely disabled. The new police post or any new needs should be put on the back burner for say 5 years, but that's my opinion, and they are like, well..........noses.....yeah, yeah.

And on the other hand a deadline for 8 months is a plethora of time to make decisions on something like that. What was the total deficit 8 months ago? Curious.

Lessee, high unemployment rate, state going to shut down possibly, recent strike............I'd love to move to the UP and find a cabin with no power and no phone for about 3 months.Smile

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:13 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Newsest development, Gov is demanding that the treasury department collect all outstanding debts from municipalities who are behind. Flint is at the top of the list to the tune of 9 million. Stems from the early 2000's under Stanley when they retooled the water plant. Dollar for dollar match agreement with the State. Not matched yet. Time to pay the piper. Did someone say the City of Flint was financially solvent under King Don? Maybe instead of hiring a bunch of cronies, buying a bunch of new vehicles, and creating his own private police force he should have paid the bills.
Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:06 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ya know what? That cabin in the UP with no lights and no phone is lookin' better all of the time.

Local municipalities are having a hard time as it is, due to the fact that the revenue sharing has stopped. Shall we say that creative financing has come to the forefront? The jurisdiction that I live and work for was crabbing about the MCC millage being the only thing on the ballot and how much it was gonna cost.

Seems to me that she is negating what she promised yesterday. I remember specifically that she stated that Public Safety would NOT be hindered.......um, you up the ante to require the "little folks" to fork up monies owed, guess what the cops and the fire departments could be the ones cutting back, of course it couldn't be the office workers.....(eye roll). So IF this happens, local municipalities stop public safety or rather hinder the services and we are to rely on the State Police that are already spread too thin without the help of the "local boys"?

They had 8 months to do something................oy!! Everyone is mad, Rep and Dems not at each other but at the situation.........I am gonna go take some excedrin now.

If you have tabs, licenses that need to be renewed, for goodness sake do it now.........oy. My yiddish is going.

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: