FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A little something to think about.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

After studying the appeals of TOM JOUBRAN concerning Donna Poplar. I’ve come to the realization that integrity, character and honesty is no where on the list for requirements for Ombudsman.

Excepts taken IN CONTEXT from the appeal of Tom Joubran.
At some point, plaintiff claims defendant Donna Poplar approached him and told him that criminal charges would be filed against him based on his sexual conduct with a minor Parish). Apparently, this was one of several aspects of an ongoing criminal investigation involving plaintiff. According to plaintiff, Poplar, Busch, and Williams conspired to extort $200,000 from him. Plaintiff met with Poplar and gave her $50,000 in order to have the investigation quashed. He taped his conversations with Poplar and claims that statements she made indicated she gave some of the money to Busch and Williams. Plaintiff brought the conversion claim against defendants based on the fact that he gave money to Poplar, who in turn purportedly shared it with Busch and Williams.

Poplar was in fact charged with conspiracy to bribe a public officer and obtaining more than $100 by false pretenses. Her first trial resulted in a hung jury. Poplar’s second trial resulted in her conviction for obtaining more than $100 by false pretenses and an acquittal on the conspiracy charge. There were no charges of any kind brought against any other Genesee County employee, including defendants. (my comments: mostly because of Immunity from prosecution by position held)

IN her own words: After plaintiff indicated to Poplar that he trusted her to give “the money” to Busch, Poplar replied, “Yeah Busch Busch [sic] has it. Brenda’s up on it. Ev [sic] everything is straight. Just stop asking me that question. You make me paranoid. You make me feel, you know, you make me feel like you. . . .” Plaintiff then stated, “No, honey, I’m just worried I don’t want nobody I don’t want anybody . . . to give the money to him but you.” Plaintiff also asked Poplar if she had any of the money left, to which Poplar replied, “Why would I? No. Why?” Poplar then indicated that she “stuck [her] neck out on the, on the limb for this, for [plaintiff].” After plaintiff asked Poplar, “Who you gonna call, Busch?,” Poplar stated, “I’m gonna, I’m gonna, when I call ‘em I’m, I’m gonna talk to both of ‘em [sic] I’ll put ‘em on a three way.” Regarding Williams, Poplar stated, “She, she feels that she doesn’t, first of all she don’t, she doesn’t want you to know that she knows or a part of anything and that’s only fair, ah, so she’d rather for you to go through the process and the formality she don’t want to get caught up in nothing like that, all she’s doing is protecting herself, that’s only fair.”

She can get n interview and even votes from Council members. I can’t even get a interview because I won’t candy coat their foul ups. I don’t sit by and let them roll along merrily violating the Charter and City ordinances. I also don’t sit back and allow the DON to make up his own statistics that that show the truth about what is actually going on. I can see how I wouldn’t be a good watch dog for the people of Flint.
Post Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: