FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: POLITICAL ADS??

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
daker
F L I N T O I D

On channel 36 (court TV), at about 11pm on Monday, September 3, I viewed a short series of commercials about great things happening in Flint. Examples are "more police on the street" and "effective city services." At least one commercial used the phrase "Flint is a city on the rise."

Now I initially thought that these must be ads from Williamson's campaign. The reason I'm not sure is that there was no disclaimer stating who was funding the ad. Being that there is an election coming this November, I am pretty sure it's against the law to run ads without some disclaimer as to whom is funding it.

I just felt compelled to post this to see if anyone could do something about it, as I don't really know.

Thanks.
Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 pm 
WHAT!?
F L I N T O I D

I think I know the ad your referring to. Isn't it an ad about the Great Things in the City of Flint - did it contain Doncons mug? I thought it was from a citizens group? If its the ad I saw, it certainly was a boderline campaign for wimsin? After all, isn't he the real reason all these great things have happened in our city during is reign? LMAOPIMP Evil or Very Mad
Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:21 am 
daker
F L I N T O I D

one of the clips was about how there were no recorded murders in the month of july, which is he first time in many years. i'm not sure if they meant any month in years, or just july.

but i saw no reference to the mayor, other than the use of his "city on the rise" line.

i just have a feeling it's more illegal campaigning...
Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:51 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
daker schreef:
one of the clips was about how there were no recorded murders in the month of july, which is he first time in many years. i'm not sure if they meant any month in years, or just july.

but i saw no reference to the mayor, other than the use of his "city on the rise" line.

i just have a feeling it's more illegal campaigning...

they laid off the guy who was doing the recording.

they're will be no more crime into the forseeable future...well, recorded anyway.

That is all.

bye-bye.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: