FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Does it really matter that both candidates are white?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I see Hoodrow shopping at the Meijer on Pierson Road.

There weren't anything looking like maggots in his cart. But plenty of people were genuflecting and kissing his ring.

The man still has it going.

Perhaps he was passing out county boons/bucks instead of city boons/bucks.

my ice cream was melting so I booked for the check-out

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
I see Hoodrow shopping at the Meijer on Pierson Road.

There weren't anything looking like maggots in his cart. But plenty of people were genuflecting and kissing his ring.

The man still has it going.

Perhaps he was passing out county boons/bucks instead of city boons/bucks.

my ice cream was melting so I booked for the check-out

Hoodrow's a perfect example of a professional politician. Big smile, glad hand everyone, talk for an hour & say nothing. Promise everything, get elected/reelected, do nothing. Like almost all professional politicians, never held a real job.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

yeah, but its good to be good at something, even if its living off the public teats...a skillful pol in action is still a sight to behold....

but for the grace of god go I...

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:38 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

Flint Poem,

When the Weather Ball is red, this week 7 people will be dead.

Higher temperatures ahead, the races have been Donna Poplarized a division we dread but here we have been led, by her.

When the Weather Ball is blue, the moms at the funerals will go boo hoo.

Lower temperature is due. Public safety in Flint is a function of temperature too, what a screw.

Yellow light in the Weather Ball, keep the kids off the street and in the mall.

Means there'll be no change at all. Future bleak, sudo-leaders speak, preachers preach, no tale too tall.

When the colors blink in agitation, we are heading for hard rock nation.

There's going to be precipitation. Blood will splatter like a soft spring rain in this microcosm of our nation.

Pray for blue I’m witcha too!

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/08/passing_moon.html
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:54 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

If Flint has two white canidates for mayor then the blame falls totally on the people of Flint. For a city that is over 50% black you would think some people would get off their butts and go vote. Obviously there was not a black canidate that gained the confidence of the black people in order to get on the ticket.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
If Flint has two white canidates for mayor then the blame falls totally on the people of Flint. For a city that is over 50% black you would think some people would get off their butts and go vote. Obviously there was not a black canidate that gained the confidence of the black people in order to get on the ticket.

or as in this case, too many good black candidates split the vote.

your note about butts/voting is an accurate criticism in general.
I'm not sure whether the criteria defining the voters vice non-voters is the color of their skin, or a different definition, like access to transportation to get to polls, education, income, whatever etc.

I'm not giving people a pass however, since the right to vote should be important enough to plan ahead, like getting an absentee ballot, making travel arrangements etc. I know people with cars, education who still blow off their responsibility.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:56 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Now if I fail to go out and vote for Hillary, then I can only blame myself if she is not elected to the Presdency.

Go and VOTE.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
Now if I fail to go out and vote for Hillary, then I can only blame myself if she is not elected to the Presdency.

Go and VOTE.

I sure will, but not for Queen Hillary.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

That is why America is still the best country in the world!
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

What if the roles were reversed and black was white and white was black in:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1188399064309580.xml&coll=5#continue

Whites need political unity

I salute Person X for having the tenacity that it takes to speak out on behalf of White Americans and not be afraid of how she will be perceived by blacks and others.

Clearly, I understand and respect her statement.

As a White person, I understand firsthand the oppression X spoke to in her statement.

I also understand throughout White history the negative results that Whites suffer when we don't stand together in cooperation, teamwork and unity.

The fact that we have chosen Don Williamson over three qualified Blacks is a strong indication that we as Whites have kept our focus this time .

Anytime we fail to elect a White to any elected position when the opportunity avails itself sends a negative message throughout our White community, especially to our children.

Furthermore, when election results in this city lean in the favor of blacks, then that's OK in the eyes of blacks, and when a White questions the results, then it's perceived as a race thing.

If we are to believe, as the few critics against X stated in their written opinions, that the people voted for the qualified person rather than voting based on race, I must question the validity of their statements, simply on the fact the election results indicated that blacks tend to vote black.

This suggests to me that the whites believed that the White candidates were qualified this time.

Most importantly, what I took from X's statement is that because of the perceived failed leadership among White leaders many Whites have lost trust in White leadership.

As Whites we must not be fooled.

We have had a history of failed white leadership and blacks still vote black.

So, we as Whites cannot afford to deny opportunities to qualified Whites because of the mistakes and failures of a few, and we ought to come together as a people.

If the roles were reveresed. Flint

Donna Poplar would still be wrong if she said even this, which of course she did not....
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:07 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

If white were Black and Black were white how would we feel about Gerald Thompsons letter to the editor?
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1188399078309580.xml&coll=5#continue.

Gerald get a grip your stuff is a throw back.

Following is what race reversal could make this article look like, disgusting

X's comments on target !

I read Donna X comments about the results of the Flint mayoral primary, and as a white man who has lived in Flint for more than 60 years, I agree with every word she said.

What disturbs me the most, however, is how blacks who don't live in Flint don't have a clue about the oppression suffered by whites, who live in a city or township where by the odds of two whites making it through a mayoral primary would be virtually impossible and who would have the audacity to conclude her comments to be unfounded or racially intended.

The fact is that in a city that is predominately black and to have two whites come through the mayoral primary beating out three capable blacks is a clear indication that something is right within the Red Neck community and its ability or willingness to elect whites who are as equally qualified as blacks to lead this city as mayor.

The reality of what Donna X said about "whites remaining oppressed until we learn how to support our own and support a qualified Red Neck person" really hit home for me.

This statement had absolutely nothing to do with a white man being mayor.

Rather, it dealt more with the mind-set of Red Necks in Flint. Truly, if it's OK for whites to support their own as indicated in the primary results, what is the harm in wanting whites to support a qualified white, especially in a predominately black city?

When I look around the city, especially in the white community, I see the devastation, the blight, the effects of unaddressed crime and the lack of job opportunity and neighborhood revitalization. I clearly see the oppression of white people that Donna X speaks of.

When I see the lack of trust that whites have among themselves, the lack of cooperation and teamwork, I see the oppression that Donna X speaks of.

When I see the lack of unity among the Red Neck community, I see the oppression that Donna X speaks of.

When I see certain white ministers, certain city councilmen and those from the streets who have become allies of Don Williamson for a dollar and the fulfillment of their own agenda, I clearly see the many white folks who have become the sell-outs that Donna X speaks of.

As a result, I see the abomination of our leaders who died for whites to be set free from oppression, slavery and the slave mentality.

While some black people may not understand X's statement, I can assure you that many whites clearly understand it and applaud her for her boldness to speak the truth, a truth that reaches the heart of Red Neck-Americans.

--end parody--racisit

Isn't this disgusting ..to read this in the Flint Journal ...in this day an age. Why are we not more angry and vocal when a race baiter like Donna Poplar says crap like this promoting her stanliesk agenda.

Splain this to me Lucy!!!
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I had not read the articles until this morning and found them very interesting.
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:00 am 
last time here

yaryrret..................i applaud that response.......
donna a little "touched" and pissed she isn't the ombudsman....
damn...her response embarrasses even ME!!

somebody giver her a JOB please!!!! Embarassed
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:34 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: