FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Are most people voting the ABW ticket for Mayor of Flint?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can someone please tell me what is Mr. Walling going to do to fix Flint??

Exactly what is Mr. Walling's plan to squelch crime?

I have read Mr. Walling would appoint a "Real" police chief , put more police on the street and open more community centers.

How is Mr. Walling going to pay for the police he plans to put on the street and the community centers he wants to open up??

Will he raise taxes??

What is Mr. Walling going to do for me, a tax payer?

Has anyone seen a plan on paper with estimates on how much it will cost and where the monies are going to come from??

Do you really think Mr. Walling is going to be able to work with this council?

How many of the current council members support Mr. Walling?

Last edited by Steve Myers on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Good questions. Hopefully, we'll get some real answers and not just political rhetoric. Personally, I've never seen any of his campaign literature, heard him speak, or seen him in person. I don't know where he was knocking on doors, but it sure wasn't around here.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://votewalling.com/roadmap.php

If you want you can also swing by his campaign office on 940 S. Grand Travese and 5th st. He has hard copies of his plans. They are pretty detailed and I just got one last night so I have not gone over them yet.

To reduce crime he would go back to community police chief and have an official police chief that our police would have confidence in.

He would pay for various things through cost savings such as eliminating things like the police services bureau or whatever it's called.

From what I understand he would divert existing staff to man the community centers.

I think dayne could work much better with this council than Don.

Good question but I know that the majority of the council have tried to work with Williamson. I don't see why they wouldn't want to try and work with Walling. The main difference is Walling seems to have more people skills than Williamson.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:46 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: