FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: My Opninion of the Flint Journals Endorsements

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

The Flint Journals' endorsements shouldn't have surprised anyone! Lets be honest and break things down here. The Flint Journal had to endorse Don " I spend a million on advertising at the Journal" Williamson. Hell, they would lose a big big account again and god knows after the last Williamson boycott they don't want another one!

People are also asking why choose 3 people out of 7 people running???
The answer is simple: if they choose Williamson and Walling then they are racists, so they had to throw in a minority as to not piss off the over 65% African American population in Flint.

It's obvious that the Flint Journal is playing politics while doing their endorsements. They are not picking the best candidate, but rather trying to sell more newspapers!

Shame on the Flint Journal once again!

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:28 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

another possible explanation:

the editorial review board could NOT consense on two candidates?

I am not conversant with whom exactly was on the review panel, but they may have honestly disagreed amongst themselves and this was the solution, list the three candidates that reflected the overall selections.

I'm speculating. But maybe......

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:40 pm 
Cristina
F L I N T O I D

I agree it was the advertising that gave the Journal a yellow streak. As the leading news rag in town, they should put the people of Flint first. Endorsing the likes of Williamson for the almighty dollar could backfire. Maybe we should boycott the journal. Williamson's dealership is not the only dealership in town. Al Serra and Joseph's as well as several area dealers advertise enough to keep the Journal afloat. Half the city gets their journals free anyway. Oh well, if Williamson wins in November, I will have had enough of living in the midst of stupid people. I'm leaving town and laughing as I leave at all the suckers who will remain to endure more of the same..classlessness
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Cristina schreef:
Oh well, if Williamson wins in November, I will have had enough of living in the midst of stupid people. I'm leaving town and laughing as I leave at all the suckers who will remain to endure more of the same..classlessness
Are you saying you're leaving town IF he wins? What holds you here now?

This city isn't just Williamson and "stupid people." Look at Rhodes Scholar Walling, college instructor Weighill, and other educated people who reside here. Try associating with people who meet your "class" values.
Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 am 
Charlie
F L I N T O I D

I think a lot of people get tired of living with a city government that is stupid and works with out regard to the City Charter. On a social basis I do not associate with stupid people but every day I have to work with some idiot at City hall that has no business being there....Bob and Peggy Cook, Jim Rutherford, Larry Ford, Mayor WIlliamson and the list goes on. These people just do not care what the Charter , City ordinance, or bylaws say. They think they can work by their own rules and get away with it.

I have my days when I too think that if WIlliamson stays, then I am out of here because I am not sure I can take four more years of his administration.
Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:35 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Keep in mind IF you own a home in Flint, and wish to leave...most people have to SELL their home to get into a new one.

With a record number of properties on the market, and a stagnant economy, houses are on the market for YEARS. Unless you want to give it away.

If you rent, then....... Sayonara!

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: