FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Hey Ted !

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

You're going to LOVE this ! A teacher's car was STOLEN yesterday in the parking lot at Flint Central. She is a first-year teacher who lives in Saginaw. She contacted the FPD before she called her husband. Anyway, her husband GOT THERE before the police. Hmm.. Flint Central is how far away from the downtown police department? Their excuse.. shift change? LOL

She also said this is her first and ONLY year teaching (working) in Flint ! Ironic, being that Sagnasty isn't much better !

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OUCH! I just threw my back out laughing my ass out of the chair. About an hour drive from Saginaw and about a 10 minute walk from the police station. What a comparison.

I'm not laughing at her. It is despicable the quality and level of service we receive here from the Police Dept.

I was just rear ended on my way home from work at Corunna and I 75. It took Flint township about 35 minutes to show up. the lady that rear ended me called 911. I called 30 minutes later thinking it was going to be FLINT Police responding. Since it wasn't I just sat tight. He Flint township arrived 5 minutes later. Had it been Flint CITY I would have just gone home let the dogs out then came back around midnight. They would have arrived by then. Ya know what was really something about the experience with the Flint Township police that is different than dealing with the City of Flint. The officer was polite. He asked questions that MADE SENSE. Didn’t ask any dumb ones. I’m jut glad I wasn’t driving the Vette today.

My last encounter with a Flint city police Accident investigator was when my House and Car ran out in the Street and was hit by a car. That officer didn't even get out of his car to look at the damage.

Anyway,. The worst part of what happened to that teacher hasn't even hit her yet. When the Police finally find it. They will call it an Abandoned Car! They won't car her to have it towed or driven home. They will Impound it so the city can collect the towing and impound fees. (the city collects these so we can have more officers to eat yogurt and not be interested in catching car thieves) After they impound it, we the people some reason have the notion that they do this so they can collect evidence in order to catch the thief. WRONG. They won't even bother looking at it. After the City has it for three days and the Impound fees are mounting up. They will eventually contact her. When she goes to pick up her car and finds it stripped or the tires and wheels missing, Stereo stolen (possibly while in the impound) it will cost her more to get it out than it will be worth. But, every cloud has a silver lining. See the City will be more than happy to have the title turned over to them so they can make money of the vehicles scrap metal worth.

I was on Ebay today looking at GPS tracking systems. I'm considering putting one permanently in my Vette. Just in case I don't have my alarm system sitting in the vehicle. (if it ever is stolen) http://www.cityofflint.net/Crime.htm My Redneck Alarm System My Beat up wrecked eastsider van still runs and my shot gun works perfectly. Since the Police wouldn't want to go get my car. I'd be able to without a problem.

On one of my pages at www.cityofflint.net I've suggested that Flint help invest in bring Lojack or some such business to flint. It would definitely help to bring down Car insurance. That way the owners can find their car weeks before the Police get a chance to impound it.

I fell her pain. And unfortunately, it's not getting any better.
Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: