FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Williamson Press Conference July 26 2007 Budget Facts

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link

Mayor Williamson Press Conference July 26 2007 Budget Facts

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

I say again: You have to love Joe Conroy..."It's technically the truth but it's not actually the case."

How did he say that with a straight face?

And am I the only person in the world that thinks a balanced budget means you don't spend more than you receive? He keeps talking about how adamant the mayor is that the budget be balanced every year, but the fund balance decreases every year. THAT'S NOT BALANCED!!!
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:47 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I love that. I was raised to believe that there is truth and lies. Either it's the truth. Or it's a lie. Now I do believe in misunderstandings. However, in this case. The "DON"'s administration was busted! We knew they were lying. But when the Mayor controls are the out going sources of infromation. You only get what he gives.

Thus why I am so infuriated with his constant insistance that Crime is down in Flint. When even with the latest reductions. It's still not even close to the low levels from duiring the take over!
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
I say again: You have to love Joe Conroy..."It's technically the truth but it's not actually the case."

How did he say that with a straight face?

And am I the only person in the world that thinks a balanced budget means you don't spend more than you receive? He keeps talking about how adamant the mayor is that the budget be balanced every year, but the fund balance decreases every year. THAT'S NOT BALANCED!!!

because Joe is a seasoned politician.

think about it.

he could probably say anything, the most outrageous thing you can think of, with a poker face.

that what he is hired for: his ability to obfuscate & prevaricate for the don.

he does a good job, don't you agree?

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:17 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I agree whole heartedly
Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I have to say, I do not recall Joe's performance nor reputation from when he was in state government, being a relative newbie to the area [moved here in 1994].

But I do recall posts here in the past by others essentially decrying his apparent "selling out" to shill for bully don.

So perhaps he's decided life is too short and its time for him to amass some shekels before he and his patron assume room temperature?

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:37 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: