FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City Council is Risking losing Millions in grant monies

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Flint City Council Spacial Affairs Meeting July 23, 2007

Grants at risk to be lost:
MSHDA Cities of Promise
5 MDOT Road Projects
3 Avenue Enhancement
Kearsley Steetscape

Link

Call these people and remind them they work for the people of the City of Flint!

City Council Members
Darryl Buchanan -1st Ward
Council President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
dbuchanan@cityofflint.com

Jackie Foster Poplar- 2nd Ward

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
jpoplar@cityofflint.com

Kerry Nelson - 3rd Ward
Chairperson - Governmental Operations

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48505
810-766-7155
knelson@cityofflint.com

Sandy Hill - 4th Ward
Vice Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48506
810-766-7418
shill@cityofflint.com

Carolyn Sims - 5th Ward
Vice Chairperson, Governmental Operations
Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
csims@cityofflint.com

Sheldon Neeley- 6th Ward
Council Vice President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
sneeley@cityofflint.com

Jim Ananich - 7th Ward
Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
jananich@cityofflint.com

Ehren Gonzales - 8th Ward
Chairperson - Legislative Committee
City Hall
Room 310
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
egonzales@cityofflint.com

Scott Kincaid - 9th Ward

349 Bede
Flint, MI 48507
810-742-4375
skincaid@cityofflint.com

The Council Secretary at 810-766-3154
Next Council Meeting August 13, 2007
Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Forget about emailing Carolyn or Jackie. They "don't have anything to do with computers".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Not at risk yet! It will be in two weeks.

Well Why should they approve it? You'll only turn around and give Don Williamson credit for getting it done?

Hmm Don't you think they had just as much to do with the roads getting paved or the houses getting torn down as the DON did?

Here now your claiming that they are about loose money for Roads and Bridges. I thought the Don did all that?? Are you now telling me that DON didn't do all that? That City council had something to do with it also? Hmmm I'm really confused now!

Hey did anyone notcie all the council members missing?

Sarcasim aside. I do agree that they need to approve this stuff. If Bill is telling the truth. That it isn't costing the City anything.
Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why get so excited?? Its not like we are going to loose 1.4 million and then have to pay it back to the federal government on some half baked deal to make money of overpriced real estate?

Oops that already happen. Thanks Don!
Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well I had the oppertunity to watch the council finance meeting the other day on channel 17.

It's even worse that I had thought. This Mayor again violates the charter. Vetos the budget then makes increases of his own in the budget on the items council had made changes to it and then blames them for him doing it. And many people believe him. That's what is amazing!

It's like dealing with a 5 year old that is sitting there with frosting on his face saying he didn't eat the cake!
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Flint City Council Spacial Affairs Meeting July 23, 2007

Grants at risk to be lost:
MSHDA Cities of Promise
5 MDOT Road Projects
3 Avenue Enhancement
Kearsley Steetscape

Link

Call these people and remind them they work for the people of the City of Flint!

City Council Members
Darryl Buchanan -1st Ward
Council President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
dbuchanan@cityofflint.com

Jackie Foster Poplar- 2nd Ward

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48504
810-766-7418
jpoplar@cityofflint.com

Kerry Nelson - 3rd Ward
Chairperson - Governmental Operations

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48505
810-766-7155
knelson@cityofflint.com

Sandy Hill - 4th Ward
Vice Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, MI 48506
810-766-7418
shill@cityofflint.com

Carolyn Sims - 5th Ward
Vice Chairperson, Governmental Operations
Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
csims@cityofflint.com

Sheldon Neeley- 6th Ward
Council Vice President

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
sneeley@cityofflint.com

Jim Ananich - 7th Ward
Chairperson - Finance Committee

Rm 310 City Hall
Flint, Mi 48503
810-766-7418
jananich@cityofflint.com

Ehren Gonzales - 8th Ward
Chairperson - Legislative Committee
City Hall
Room 310
Flint, Mi 48504
810-766-7418
egonzales@cityofflint.com

Scott Kincaid - 9th Ward

349 Bede
Flint, MI 48507
810-742-4375
skincaid@cityofflint.com

The Council Secretary at 810-766-3154
Next Council Meeting August 13, 2007

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Bob Leonard Show 24July 2007
quote:
We’re talking about millions and millions of dollars in grants that are there for us, that we pay taxes on through the federal government, the state government, what have you.

No money coming out of the general fund for any of this. It’s a gift. And the Mott Foundation is making a gift. The feds and the state government are making gifts. So there’s millions of dollars.
But the resolutions have to be passed by the city council and what do we hear from Scott Kincaid? He’s a friend of mine, and I like him, but he says, ‘Hey, we’re not going to vote for any resolution for any of this money – millions and millions of dollars – until the Mayor gives in on the budget and whether he’s right on the budget or we’re right on the budget. It has nothing to do with the budget! This is extortion.

The Mayor takes a position –he’s right on the budget. The council says they’re right on it. It’s a legitimate issue. So trying to coerce someone by saying we’re not going to take millions and millions of dollars that will help our people – it’s ridiculous. Now you send it to the affairs committee – and it was turned down just this week. Turned down! I mean, and it won’t come up again for 30 more days. This money can be lost in that time. What are these people thinking of?

I can understand why Kincaid is upset with the mayor. He says he and the mayor got into it and he says the Mayor said some things I don’t think he should have said but, hey, don’t let that personal animosity directly impact the quality of life for our citizens! Demolishing and run down houses and drug dens.
Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:05 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

SCOTT KINCAID: ‘Hey, we’re not going to vote for any resolution for any of this money – millions and millions of dollars – until the Mayor gives in on the budget and whether he’s right on the budget or we’re right on the budget."

Was this grant money projected as income in the budget?
Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:53 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I would agree that the Council should approve these funds. If what they are being told is true! THis is the real problem.

Is what they are being told by Bill Ayers (speaking for the Mayor). that this money isn't even coming out of the budget?

Here the council goes ahead and votes for this. Which on the surface seems to be legitimate and we are getting that money for tearing down houses. Then what happens when three months later the Don again points fingers at the council and screams "They're stealing your money, They're stealing your money" and figures out another way to make it appear to all the simple minded folks that believe and still believe that the Council stole the Money that HE BROGUHT to them to approve.

It's the same as all those confused folks that actually believe that the DON Paid for the garbage trucks out of his own pocket, or actualy had something to do with bringing the city out of the red or even somehow believe that he actually had something to do with getting the streets paved, when all this stuff was paid for with state money, or planned before he took control of the city or IN FACT was actually the former council that blew the whistle and broguht the state in, and fixed the budget!
Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:18 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: