FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sound equipment stolen from impounded cars

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

From todays Flint Journal.......

Sound equipment stolen from impounded cars
POLICE BLOTTER
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
By Kim Crawford
kcrawford@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6242
FLINT - Radios and sound equipment were stolen from cars in a city of Flint impound lot late Monday or early Tuesday, according to reports received by Flint police.

It was not immediately known how many cars were broken into or how many radios were stolen.

The impound lot, located off N. Saginaw Street, has been the subject of controversy between Mayor Don Williamson and the Flint City Council. The mayor has said if the lot is expanded, the fees charged could raise millions to pay for more police officers and reopen the jail. The council has rejected the plan.

.................Pretty bad when your car is not safe even when in Police Custody....
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ya know, I never did post those thoughts on my website. but, That was an obvious problem that I predictied. But, only becuase has always happened. Even at Complete. But nobody ever reported it.

This brings something else to mind, that I've wanted to mention. Junk Yards. They should be required just like the pawn shops to send a list of aftermarket sterio equipment taken out of crashed and "sold for junk cars" many of the Bums that steal your stereo out of your car, end up with theirs in the junk yard with your stereo.

Back to this thought.

If Parking meters in front of the Police Dept are not safe? What makes anyone think that Flint's impound yard would be safe? Isn't there an Officer on Duty there? If so, they should be repremanded.
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

Back to this thought.

If Parking meters in front of the Police Dept are not safe? What makes anyone think that Flint's impound yard would be safe? Isn't there an Officer on Duty there? If so, they should be repremanded.

Maybe the "donald" can con Flint Township into believing the impound lot is on Twp property and get them to install some of their planned surveillance cameras there.

That way the Twp can monitor the thievery and get a car out there in...oh...say hours instead of the multi-day response from the Flint city cops. [and the "donald" effectively expands the Flint Police force by getting Twp cops to respond...for free no less!]

Hey he always bragged on the D. Barber show how stupid the Twp government was when he dealt with them. Of course since some con men fleeced the "donald", there's no way to be sure how high up the stupidity scale he ranks either.

just thinkin'

biggie
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:41 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Maybe the "donald" can con Flint Township into believing the impound lot is on Twp property and get them to install some of their planned surveillance cameras there.

What good is it to have video tape surveillence, if the Flint Police won't even take the time to look at it? I just don't understand. even if they did veiw and identify the suspects... someone then has to actually go out and arrest the suspect. Again, something that Flint Police aren't interested in doing.

But, that is a good idea. If we actually intended to use it for something more than to say "we have surveillence."
Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: