FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I am now ready to endorse a Candidate for Flint Mayor!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

The time has come for me to endorse a candidate for Mayor of the city of Flint. Obviously, I want Mayor Don Williamson gone within 6 months.

1. Mayor Don Williamson: He is a bully and lies to the people of Flint. He is not the most honest guy in my opinion. He also threatens people and uses people. His lawsuits and abuse of power have cost the City of Flint millions of dollars! I am sorry, but I am booting Mayor Don off the island.

2. Tamarla Edwards: This gal comes out of no where and wants to run this city? Who the hell is she? Why hasn't she been working at the grass roots level to make Flint better? I also hear her playing the race card a lot. We just got rid of Woody, we don't need another racist in the house!

3. Norm "may I cut your hair" Bryant: All around nice guy, probably one of the nicest in the bunch. However, he lacks the skills to move Flint forward. We appreciate all he has done for Flint, but unfortunately he does not "make the cut" at this time... I am booting Norm Bryant off the island too.

4. Sheldon " Woodys got my back" Neeley: Another good guy, but he is a puppet for ex Mayor Stanley. They are close allies and buddies. We don't need another Woody! I am booting Sheldon Neely off the island too.

5. David "Lets put Flint on da Map" Davenport: Gosh he has good intentions, but they are not innovative nor are they realistic. Sure, we all want jobs, and for our kids to get back in school, but these are low on the totem pole in Flint. I am booting David Davenport off the island as well.

6. Dale Weighill or is it Dayne Weighill???: Whatever his name is, he has a good plan for Flint. His plans are the most put together and comprehensive of all the candidates. I don't see him trying to use this as a stepping stone or a power trip either. He honestly cares about Flint and has the leadership to lead Flint into the next decade. He has demonstrated great skills and capabilities. If I wasn't endorsing the person I am, I would give this guy my support. I can't come up with anything to say bad about Dale Weighill. I am not going boot him off the island, just telling him to go sit in the lagoon.

Now its the moment a lot of you have all been waiting for! Who will this Flint worker endorse??? Of course, local 1500 will endorse the Mayor, due to the union higher ups being buddies with the mayor. I am picking the go to go, the man with a plan, the guy with the big Mr. Johnson, the man who lives in a better part of town, the guy who cares about Flint more than Flint cares about you. He wants to bring jobs to this depressed closed up Factory Town. Dayne Weighill wants to have safer streets and opening community center ( that the city can't afford ) to offer youth a place to go and tear up! This is the guy with the vision to make Flint a better city by 2020 ( per the Flint Journal Article July 8, 2007 A-2). Dayne has earned our endorsement this election year! We wish him the best, and hope he will keep paving the streets, and tearing old houses down! Lets all get behind Dayne to make sure he stays on the island and makes Flint a better place!

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:33 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Do you mean Dayne Walling? He's a fellow Uncommon Sense columist who write "Connect the Dots."

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:55 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Obviously this is a joke or parody?

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: