FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: League of Cities Trip costs taxpayers nearly $7000.00

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Two Councilpeople from the City of Flint, Hill and Poplar, spent nearly $7000.00 for a weekend in Washington DC at a National League of Cities conference..... the fees broke down as follows....

.....................................Hill.................Poplar

League of City Fee: .......$965.00..........$665.00
Airline:..........................$360.00..........$360.00
Hotel:...........................$1367.16........$1,456.44
Misc:.............................$75.00...........$75.00
Superior Travel:..............$260.20.........$260.20

Total:............................$3027.36........$2816.44

They didn't even stay at the same hotel.....I hope they got something out of the conference they were attending....
Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Two Councilpeople from the City of Flint, Hill and Poplar, spent nearly $7000.00 for a weekend in Washington DC at a National League of Cities conference..... the fees broke down as follows....

.....................................Hill.................Poplar

League of City Fee: .......$965.00..........$665.00
Airline:..........................$360.00..........$360.00
Hotel:...........................$1367.16........$1,456.44
Misc:.............................$75.00...........$75.00
Superior Travel:..............$260.20.........$260.20

They didn't even stay at the same hotel.....I hope they got something out of the conference they were attending....

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:

Josh,

I am CERTAIN they did; the real question is...will the citizens they serve get anything out of the expenditure? Thats more doubtful.
BUT.
It would be a good sign if they did a report or a presentation debrief of what they got out of the conference that they think the others should be aware of in discharging their duties of governance.

hope they didn't use their city provided cell phones too much...the "don" will have a conniption fit when the bill comes in

biggie
Post Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:04 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I will be watching the Council Meetings to see if anything has been passed on to the other members.

quote:
hope they didn't use their city provided cell phones too much...the "don" will have a conniption fit when the bill comes in

The misuse of Cell phones and taking of necessary or unnecessary trips is always approved by Don's elites. That rule only applies to those who actually want to look out for the citizens. If your looking out for Don. you can pretty much do anything you want.
Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: