FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What about Mitt?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
thehc
F L I N T O I D

Mitt Romney is the only candidate who actually has done something about health care. Massachusettes has a health care program that covers everyone and he did it by reaching across the aisle to Ted Kennedy. To top it off, Mitt started with a 3 billion dollar deficit and yet balanced his budget all 4 years he served and gave back 425 million to the people of Mass. in addition to getting them health care. Money back? Health Care? Balanced Budgets? Where am I going wrong here folks? The best part is he has roots here in Michigan. His dad was Michigan's Governor back in the '60s, George Romney. It couldn't hurt Michigan to have a friend in the White House.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

In what branch of government did Romney and Kennedy serve together. Mitt was the Republican Governor of a Democratic state and Blow hard Ted has been wedged in that chair in DC for decades. They have never served anywhere together. I follow politics in the Commonwealth and not sure what you mean by reaching across the aisle....Maybe the party lines!

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:18 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Adam, we have a friend scheduled already to be in the white house. She is a great woman thats going to bring back America, you may of heard of her.. She is a friend of all Michiganders, her name is Hillary Clinton!! Smile

quote:
thehc schreef:
Mitt Romney is the only candidate who actually has done something about health care. Massachusettes has a health care program that covers everyone and he did it by reaching across the aisle to Ted Kennedy. To top it off, Mitt started with a 3 billion dollar deficit and yet balanced his budget all 4 years he served and gave back 425 million to the people of Mass. in addition to getting them health care. Money back? Health Care? Balanced Budgets? Where am I going wrong here folks? The best part is he has roots here in Michigan. His dad was Michigan's Governor back in the '60s, George Romney. It couldn't hurt Michigan to have a friend in the White House.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

HILLARY IN 2008!

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
In what branch of government did Romney and Kennedy serve together. Mitt was the Republican Governor of a Democratic state and Blow hard Ted has been wedged in that chair in DC for decades. They have never served anywhere together. I follow politics in the Commonwealth and not sure what you mean by reaching across the aisle....Maybe the party lines!

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:25 pm 
thehc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

Hey Al,
Yes I was talking about party lines, Mitt being Republican, Ted a Dem. (of course) And I beg to differ on them serving together, they both represented Massachusettes. Here's a picture of the signing of Romneycare legislation with Ted in the background. He thanked Ted for his help in crafting it at the ceremony
Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 pm 
thehc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
thehc schreef:
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

Hey Al,
Yes I was talking about party lines, Mitt being Republican, Ted a Dem. (of course) And I beg to differ on them serving together, they both represented Massachusettes. Here's a picture of the signing of Romneycare legislation with Ted in the background. He thanked Ted for his help in crafting it at the ceremony

Sorry, I forgot the link; http://66.197.203.181/~redmpcom/index.php?entry=entry070410-103551

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:49 pm 
thehc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Adam, we have a friend scheduled already to be in the white house. She is a great woman thats going to bring back America, you may of heard of her.. She is a friend of all Michiganders, her name is Hillary Clinton!! Smile

Hey Ryan,
Yes, I have heard of her. Wasn't she the wife of a past President and who had his ear (literally) for 8 years and did nothing but set the movement for universal health care back? I'm not a big fan of putting a fighter who got her ass whipped back in the ring with the same opponent. By the way, isn't she the one who received nearly a million dollars so far from health care providers? Only one candidate has actually DONE something besides talk..... Mitt.

quote:
thehc schreef:

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:57 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I like Mitt Romney.

i have nothing against hillary, except whenever I see her or read about her, i get sick to my stomach.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:33 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Hillary will win in 08, I agree with Ryan Eashoo

quote:
thehc schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Hey Ryan,
Yes, I have heard of her. Wasn't she the wife of a past President and who had his ear (literally) for 8 years and did nothing but set the movement for universal health care back? I'm not a big fan of putting a fighter who got her ass whipped back in the ring with the same opponent. By the way, isn't she the one who received nearly a million dollars so far from health care providers? Only one candidate has actually DONE something besides talk..... Mitt.

quote:
thehc schreef:

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:21 pm 
rusty
F L I N T O I D

I keep trying to get Mitt Romney on the Roman on the Radio Show, but his people won't return my calls. Mitt Romney wouldn't even spit on me. Lord knows I've given him every chance...

Actually, his folks are realy good, except for setting up the interview part...

Neutral
Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:29 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rusty schreef:
I keep trying to get Mitt Romney on the Roman on the Radio Show, but his people won't return my calls. Mitt Romney wouldn't even spit on me. Lord knows I've given him every chance...

Neutral

Rusty,

if you need someone to spit on you; well you came to the right place!

actually some of us just slobber a lot when we post.

Guess we know why you got the name "Rusty" now.

Stay dry young man.

good luck; I'm sure you don't take those things personally, since prez campaigns have many layers to get through to the candidate; and most of them are assessing "what plus can this interview do for us".

Somewhere along the line, when Michigan becomes important to these candidates in the primary cycle, they'll ALL be busting down the doors to get on the air. Just not now.

heck, you couldn't get Patsy Lou to say a few words for her recent LOCAL campaign; As far as upcoming campaigns that matter, what about the donald? and the others for mayor? I'd rather hear them scheduled to be interviewed anyway. Its more important to our immediate future anyway than Hillary or Mitt or whomever.....

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:25 pm 
thehc
F L I N T O I D

Hey Flintworker,
I agree with you when you said,
"Hillary will win in 08," If the Michigan gubernatorial race only showed me one thing it's that women want more women in office, no matter who or what their record. (Sorry ladies, I didn't say I blamed you, you've been underrepresented since day one in this country) With that in mind and the fix being in for the nomination (the DNC is behind her, just look at where her people came from, and Bill created the DLC) it's hard to see anything but a Hill Billary Democratic nomination and then a Clinton win with 60% or better of the women's vote coming out for her. Of course, she could alway's shoot herself politically, but Hill is way too smart for that. She may be the most inexcessible candidate of all time. Keep in mind, she has full Secret Service to keep any tough questions by tough reporters away.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:33 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rusty schreef:

Neutral

Rusty you should get Ron Paul on the radio. It's nice that Romney is from Michigan but he seems a little more liberal than even Granholm other than his new pro-life stance. I don't understand the strong support for big government "neo-conservativism" in my Republican party. Aren't our taxes high enough? If national healthcare worked like FEMA we'd be better of getting our healthcare from 3rd world countries.

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: