FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Norm Bryant's fake endorsees list
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
The business of finding THE BEST MAN (sorry no women running, a shame) for Flint mayor is what I'm all about! Anything less does not cut it!
Do some homework, then come to class. I'm kinda sick and tired of being the only one who does any real research and homework when everyone is just spouting opinion.
There IS a woman running, her name is Tamra Edwards. Now go back to your homework! Laughing

http://www.ub360.com/edwardsweb/
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:10 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Roscoe: "I'm sticking to issues and the candidates."

Roscoe, quoting 00SL2: "Shawn, just because you can't find the endorsing organizations doesn't mean they don't exist."

Roscoe: "Then find a phone, website, or address and list it. Very Happy I got an ABC12 price list for commercials."

Shawn, here's the address to get the information you're looking for:

Email: norm@normbryantformayor.com
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:19 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

You were doing so well and then you lost me.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:53 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Shawn,
If you are a paid consultant for Dayne then it IS an issue worthy of discussion on this board. If it is true please try a different approach. I would be so much more likely to listen to the reasons why we SHOULD vote for Dayne than why we shouldn't vote for the others. So far none of the things you are showing us are even relevant issues. The same guy in 2 photos? He works with Dale? He probably is a sincere supporter, I doubt Dale forced him to wear the shirt and smile for the camera. Just because you can't find info on Norm Bryant's organizations doesn't mean they don't exist, they could be relatively new. I had the hardest time 2 years ago finding information about Keep Genesee County Beautiful but I knew they existed and were legitimate. I mean it sounds like you might try to make an issue out of something as irrelevant as wearing the same suit twice in one week. This is of course meant in a friendly tone of discussion, I am not personally attacking anyone. Smile
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Who the heck is she?

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
The business of finding THE BEST MAN (sorry no women running, a shame) for Flint mayor is what I'm all about! Anything less does not cut it!
Do some homework, then come to class. I'm kinda sick and tired of being the only one who does any real research and homework when everyone is just spouting opinion.
There IS a woman running, her name is Tamra Edwards. Now go back to your homework! Laughing

http://www.ub360.com/edwardsweb/

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
Shawn,
If you are a paid consultant for Dayne then it IS an issue worthy of discussion on this board.

As mentioned before a few times already, I am not a paid employee for Dayne. I'm not even a volunteer. I've seen him in person a grand total of maybe 6 times since The Flint Journal introduced me to him back in 2004.

I don't know what other languages I need to put that in before people will understand. I find faults in campaigns and I report.

And it's now been a day or so and no one has presented ANY EVIDENCE to counter my claim about campaign photos and non-existent organizations.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:26 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

...and Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman. Being a paid employee and a paid consultant ARE 2 different things. Are you a paid consultant for the Walling campaign? Please, and I ask this kindly, answer this specific question. It wouldn't have crossed my mind if someone else hadn't brought it up and you never stated that you weren't a paid consultant. You haven't made any claims about the photos, we have asked numerous times but you refuse to answer. You claim that the Bryant supporting organizations are fake but you have not proven they are. You say you can't find any official evidence of their existence, but that is not proof. That is all I am saying, you are good at beating around the bush and dragging out a discussion that could be ended a lot more efficiently if you would just answer the specific questions. You have made some vague claims and references but they have not been proven. Innocent until proven guilty. You have the burden of proof, you are making the accusations. Do you see why some of us might be annoyed? Again this is meant in a reasonable tone of a slightly heated discussion. I disagree with a lot of people but I still think of them as fine human beings as I do you.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:49 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
And it's now been a day or so and no one has presented ANY EVIDENCE to counter my claim about campaign photos and non-existent organizations.
These threads are getting off topic. (1) You posted photos from Dale Weighill's website (a different thread)--let's take that one back over there. (2) You made an unsubstantiated allegation that two organizations endorsing Norm Bryant are "not real organizations." It is not up to others to disprove your unsubstantiated allegation. You're insisting others do your homework and come up with contact information. I gave you an address for the organizations: Email: norm@normbryantformayor.com. When you can't find it, go to the source for the details. My guess is that Black Progress Now (with 1,800 members) and Flint Families First (chapter of American Families First) are somehow connected to the church where he's been a member for 40 years. For example, Salem Lutheran Church is a congregation "served by" AIC which has a website at http://www.actsincommon.org/Churches2.htm.
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:45 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
quote:
lunchlady schreef:
Shawn,
If you are a paid consultant for Dayne then it IS an issue worthy of discussion on this board.

As mentioned before a few times already, I am not a paid employee for Dayne. I'm not even a volunteer. I've seen him in person a grand total of maybe 6 times since The Flint Journal introduced me to him back in 2004.

I don't know what other languages I need to put that in before people will understand. I find faults in campaigns and I report.

Shawn I like how you try to down play your relationship with Dayne. People who know anything about dayne know you guys are best buds. dont insult our intelligence. Why eles would you spearhead all these online attacks on all the other candidates. It's cause most likely .. and and Im not saying for sure.... Dayne is behind all these posts. go to www.shawnchittle.com
then cliick on photos then persons then and go through the photos till like the 5 or 6th one.. ohhhh look who it is!!!!!!!
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:23 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Dayne Walling has never paid me one red cent as an employee or a "paid political consultant." I've never washed his car, fed his dog, or babysat his kids.

I have worked with him professionally on several projects involving Flint (Flint Club, Flinthistory,com, Flint 150 Steps, Flint Sesquincentennial). In working with him and reading his resume I found that he's the most qualified and best suited to be mayor of Flint.

Please, stop asking me the question! Asked and answered! Smile

Link

I agree, this thread is just about done. No one has found any evidence to invalidate my theory about these two organizations being bogus. It's a sad realization that they are probably not real. If they were real, it would BE EASY to find them.

The idea (not the poster, the 'idea') that I just e-mail Norm is about as silly as me calling up George Bush and asking him who leaked the CIA agent's name. "Uh, sure, hold on, let me get that for you... glad you asked."
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:47 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Velda, Guidestar automatically picks up nonprofit organization names from the IRS. If the organization does not have enough income to file a 990 you won't find such info there. Guidestar is not required but a nonprofit can join if they wish. Nonprofits are also listed at the IRS site: www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=96136,00.html

Yeah, I think the nonprofit has to file a 990 of the have expenses in excess of $10,000 annually...A better option would be to checkout the Michigan Bureau of COmmercial Services, this site has all orgs registered in the state of Michigan

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: