FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New Park on GM Land??? Chevy in the hole

Do you think Flint Parks are well maintained?
Yes, They are a Utopia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, They are in terrible condition
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

This is just crazy folks, Flint has a Awesome park system the way it is. We don't need more parks, hell we don't use the parks we do have. We don't even maintain the parks we do have. Whens the last time you went to a Flint Park for a picnic? or even taken the Kids there to play? Whens the last time you push your baby in stroller through a Flint Park?

The sad thing here is that The City of Flint and residents don't take care of the parks we have. I don't mean to sound negative here, but lets take care of what we have, before we create new ones.

Another question I have is why can The University of Michigan Flint maintain there green space so well? Do they pay there employees more than The City of Flint does? Do they have a larger park budget? Maybe The City of Flint should shadow U of M's grounds department for a week.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Charlie
F L I N T O I D

It is very important that the park system be extended along the river to KEttering Univeristy. Dallas Dort would have done this in 1906 had it been possible. It is because of him that we have the parkland along the river north of the UM campus.

It is time to make the river a gem of the community rather than the sewer down the middle of the city. Other towns have done,it so should we. it will help bring people back to the center City. We must elect people to office that can do their job. A retired GM worker just doesn't make the cut as a Parks Director.

You ask why UMFlint's property looks so well. They hire qualified people, train them to do the job, and give them the tools to do them. The DDA has three people working on grounds and they can't keep the park clean and trimmed.

Its time to get new managment at city hall
Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:30 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am open to a new park idea, however I would like to see how will they ensure that it will be maintained properly.

quote:
Charlie schreef:
It is very important that the park system be extended along the river to KEttering Univeristy. Dallas Dort would have done this in 1906 had it been possible. It is because of him that we have the parkland along the river north of the UM campus.

It is time to make the river a gem of the community rather than the sewer down the middle of the city. Other towns have done,it so should we. it will help bring people back to the center City. We must elect people to office that can do their job. A retired GM worker just doesn't make the cut as a Parks Director.

You ask why UMFlint's property looks so well. They hire qualified people, train them to do the job, and give them the tools to do them. The DDA has three people working on grounds and they can't keep the park clean and trimmed.

Its time to get new managment at city hall

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I would like to see the parks better maintained here in Flint. Whenever I go to Ann Arbor, Lansing and Grand Rapids, people are always utilizing their parks!

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:29 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Hell! even cash-strapped Detroit maintains its parks...have you ever been to the most amazing playscapes on Belle Isle? They are amazing...The community gardens and city parks (clark park, hines park) are all very well maintained and used often. You can pass by any time during the weekends and see family reunions, and people of all races, ethnicities, playing, having picnics and swimming side by side.

V

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Lets hope it all works out for the best, I always try to be optimistic!
quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
Hell! even cash-strapped Detroit maintains its parks...have you ever been to the most amazing playscapes on Belle Isle? They are amazing...The community gardens and city parks (clark park, hines park) are all very well maintained and used often. You can pass by any time during the weekends and see family reunions, and people of all races, ethnicities, playing, having picnics and swimming side by side.

V

Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:41 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Ryan your right about the parks just needing maintence, but the people that work in the park dept. now are lazy. Bob Cook is no park director, he is just getting another pay check from the city. Since Bob and Peggy both work for the city, isn't there a law being broken? Nepotism?

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:41 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Build several condo developments, with grocery stores and coffee shops housed on ground floor along the water where Chevy was and make the rest parks, with sand lots, volleyball, baseball, soccer, and recreation, with a police substation outpost, and you've got yourself the Upper East Side of Manhattan -- prime real estate and instant, livable community.

I would buy a place in a heartbeat.

Call the project 'nike' and just do it.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: