FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Personal Debts Vex 10 School Board Candidates Uncommon Sense
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, I Bet you could find me a really nice and cheap house!

I've thought about it...wanting to go work where organizations and the community need me most...truth is, I've worked very hard over the last 5-10 years building relationships with the Detroit philanthropic community and with local foundations. I depend on these relationships to do my job well. I am really tied to Metro Detroit now. I think its a great city with a lot to do and to offer!

I've talked with Matt about coming to Flint to help establish a nonprofit and to raise money for the Uncommon Sense, but it hasnt come to fruition. Matt knows its an open invitation. I told Dayne Walling the same. I just need to find the time to go...

Vel

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I have lots of nice houses for sale or rent!
We need more people like yourself to move back to Flint!!

quote:
veldagarcia schreef:
Ryan, I Bet you could find me a really nice and cheap house!

I've thought about it...wanting to go work where organizations and the community need me most...truth is, I've worked very hard over the last 5-10 years building relationships with the Detroit philanthropic community and with local foundations. I depend on these relationships to do my job well. I am really tied to Metro Detroit now. I think its a great city with a lot to do and to offer!

I've talked with Matt about coming to Flint to help establish a nonprofit and to raise money for the Uncommon Sense, but it hasnt come to fruition. Matt knows its an open invitation. I told Dayne Walling the same. I just need to find the time to go...

Vel

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Do you rent houses out yourself? How many are you renting out? Google is punishing me severly so I think I might go into the real estate business. I'm surprised how much you can make off or just having a roommate. You can easily live for free in Flint if you have good credit. That house by me you have listed looks like a pretty good deal. http://homes.realtor.com/Prop/1060137378 I think I might try and steal my neighbors house though if it's still on the market when I'm ready to make a move.

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:26 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Do you rent houses out yourself? How many are you renting out? Google is punishing me severly so I think I might go into the real estate business. I'm surprised how much you can make off or just having a roommate. You can easily live for free in Flint if you have good credit. That house by me you have listed looks like a pretty good deal. http://homes.realtor.com/Prop/1060137378 I think I might try and steal my neighbors house though if it's still on the market when I'm ready to make a move.

real estate is indeed inexpensive in genesee. Even more so than when I moved here from metro-Detroit back in the 90s. That is a bad thing of course from a sellers standpoint. I've seen houses sit for years. I've seen beautiful homes, sell for less than $80/sq ft, when to build that house with the features and quality today would be twice that.

Keep in mind Adam, that house you linked is cheap; and indeed proboably a good fix n flip candidate, but at the end of the day you still need a qualified and legitimate BUYER. They appear to be short supply around here right now.

I told my wife I'll be ready to sell & move in 3-5 years. And I'm hoping the area is rebounding by then...hey if all the progressives get their way, and Bill & Hillary are back in the White House in 2008, maybe Michigan will once again benefit? That would cover me for what, at least 4years...to 2012. Yeah this might work out..

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Flint is soooo cheap, I mean you can live here and travel to Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Windsor in less than 5 hours.. Plus houses are very affordable!

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Lets hope Hillary and Bill get back in the White House, Then we can have the good ole Economy Days Back!!

[quote="Biggie9
I told my wife I'll be ready to sell & move in 3-5 years. And I'm hoping the area is rebounding by then...hey if all the progressives get their way, and Bill & Hillary are back in the White House in 2008, maybe Michigan will once again benefit? That would cover me for what, at least 4years...to 2012. Yeah this might work out..[/quote]

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:58 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I was very surprised that most of the candidates had these problems!

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
Nice job to the reporters at Uncommon Sense.

Nobody should be surprised by any of this. When people yell and scream and try to point out faults in other people, it ALWAYS means they have something to hide themselves. Is anybody really surprised that Herb and A.C. have financial issues?

It certainly is depressing that half the school board candidates can't even manage their own finances! I've said it before, I'll say it again - Only in Flint.

My question is why would the Journal bury such a story. This is relevant stuff - a school system in financial crisis and board members and candidates trying to be elected to manage the crisis when they have their own financial woes. Shame on the Flint Journal! Great for Uncommon Sense!

I'm sure AC and Herb will try to spin this as the Great Schools Initiative (i.e. THE MAN) trying to take them down.........but didn't the Great School endorse Topping too?

Only in Flint!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: