FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: List of announced candidates for Mayor What do you think?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dale K. Weighill , president and CEO of the Resource Center.

Norm Bryant , a barbershop owner.

Dayne Walling , research fellow at the Genesee County Land Bank

http://www.mlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news-39/116170320234250.xml?fljournal?NEF&coll=5

Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Visitor

Walling--NO WAY, this would definately be a mistake. He is an opportunist. He is an elitist. His ego leads him to believe he is better than other Flint residents because of his education. He believes he is owed this position and that he does not have to earn it. He has only lived in Flint for 5 months in the last ten years.

Weighill--Maybe... need more information. He has a good understanding of how government operates, although he should stick to issues and not be negative about others in the race. People should be elected for what they bring to the table, i.e., what programs would they implement to help the ills of the city. They should not be elected because of negative campaign against their opponents.

Bryant--Maybe... need more information. Don't have enough idea of who he is other than a barber and he used to be on school board.
Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:24 pm 
visitor810

At this point we can't get any worst with the "Don", "Boss Hogg", "King Felon" or anything else you want to call him. This guy is destroying our city.
Post Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:13 pm 
Jason

I don't know Dayne Walling but I do think he needs to spend some more time in Flint before he runs for our highest office.

As for the others, let's see what they have to offer.
Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:52 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Looks like all 3 will now be on the ballot![b]
[/b]

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

I've been skimming over the topics here and when I search on "Elitist" it's just kinda pathetic. If you are an educated person, you don't stand a chance in some people's eyes. Why is that? Why would you NOT want someone who knows what the hell they are doing to steer the ship?

Everyone wants to make Flint a better place, but no one wants to deviate from the status quo. " Crime is getting worse, but HEY! I got my trash picked up on time..."

Well guess what? You are supposed to have that service! You are entitled to not get mugged on your way to set your trash out!

I'd say if you happy with the current state of things, then you should vote for Williamson. If not, then you have to look at the other options.

Maybe a real discussion on the candidates here is needed. SO I throw the gauntlet down. Let's have a REAL discussion.
Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:34 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
I've been skimming over the topics here and when I search on "Elitist" it's just kinda pathetic. If you are an educated person, you don't stand a chance in some people's eyes. Why is that? Why would you NOT want someone who knows what the hell they are doing to steer the ship?

Everyone wants to make Flint a better place, but no one wants to deviate from the status quo. " Crime is getting worse, but HEY! I got my trash picked up on time..."

Well guess what? You are supposed to have that service! You are entitled to not get mugged on your way to set your trash out!

I'd say if you happy with the current state of things, then you should vote for Williamson. If not, then you have to look at the other options.

Maybe a real discussion on the candidates here is needed. SO I throw the gauntlet down. Let's have a REAL discussion.

They want the real questions? They can't stand the real questions?

Is the photo of biggie9 giving us the finger?

Why do we even allow hand guns, I think they should al be banned except police?

Abortions should be free and available at any time before the 1st trimester.

The police in a high crime area, all of Flint should be able to stop anybody and frisk for hand guns, seize the guns and any other contraband. We will have a safer Flint.

People who do not vote should not beable to recieve public assistance.

In an 55% african american community, Flint, why are Walling and Weihill really running. Neither can win the primary, thye are both smart guys, are they really setting the stage for a Mott Community College trustee race in 2 years.

Is ther a woman still running for mayor? What happened to her?

Can Norm Bryant win the general?

But my real question is that finger. I think he is

Last edited by yaryrret on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:38 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"Maybe a real discussion on the candidates here is needed. SO I throw the gauntlet down. Let's have a REAL discussion."

ok, what is the assertion, or resolution to be argued/discussed?

who is better?....between which candidates? any? all?

Should people post as to which candidate they support and why?

or should we just list each candidate and each person weigh in on their perceived pro/con for that person? Should each person be a separate thread to keep the focus organized?

Just WHAT kind of discussion do you want to have, and how? Defined topics/criteria [eg; crime, infrastructure, leadership ability, experience, etc]?

Free stream of consciousness?

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:29 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
"Maybe a real discussion on the candidates here is needed. SO I throw the gauntlet down. Let's have a REAL discussion."

ok, what is the assertion, or resolution to be argued/discussed?

[ see above]

who is better?....between which candidates? any? all?

[Norm Bryant but he will lose the general to the better campaign machine, these other kids should just get outa the way]

Should people post as to which candidate they support and why?
[define people, screen names or name rank and serial number,]

or should we just list each candidate and each person weigh in on their perceived pro/con for that person? Should each person be a separate thread to keep the focus organized?
[Everyone should share as much information as they can about any candidate eeven that women but tke strong position the week prior to the election]

Just WHAT kind of discussion do you want to have, and how? Defined topics/criteria [eg; crime, infrastructure, leadership ability, experience, etc]?
[see above post]

Free stream of consciousness?

There is no free stream in a city you end up in the sewer[ how boring..I tried. I'll leave the penetrating wit to you biggie9..but explain that finger to me..i gotta get a picture with my own subliminal messsage, mabey a peace sign...]
Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I thought Ted Jankowski was running too?

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: