FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Flint mayoral candidate Dale Weighill has submitted 1,550 petition signatures to the Flint City Clerk. Nine hundred valid signatures are required for placement on the August 7 primary ballot. Weighill finished second only to City Council Vice President Sheldon Neeley in the race to gather signatures before Tuesday’s deadline. Neeley gathered and submitted 2,000 signatures according to a report by Flint-based WJRT abc12.

“We’ve had a great reaction all across the City of Flint,” said Weighill. “People are hungry for a candidate who’s ready to talk about the issues and offer a comprehensive plan for Flint’s future. I am that candidate.”

Weighill and an all-volunteer campaign staff began collecting signatures in January and visited more than 4,000 homes throughout the City of Flint.

“I’m very proud of our campaign’s volunteers,” said Weighill. “This has been a tremendous grassroots effort. We didn’t have to pay a single person to gather signatures for us. It’s a new day for politics in Flint.”

Weighill is the President & CEO of the Resource Center, a Flint-based organization that helps thousands of people and hundreds on local nonprofits each year. He has also been teaching Political Science for Mott Community College since 1997.

Weighill will hold a celebration event at the Good Beans Café (corner of Grand Traverse and First Avenue) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007. The event will begin at 5:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend. For more information, please contact 810-232-3967 or email info@aNewFlint.org
Post Tue May 15, 2007 9:41 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

Well done Dale!

I hope everyone in the Flint Talk community takes advantage of the opportunity to meet & speak with Dale at the Good Beans Café this evening. I know that he is looking forward to speaking with all of you.
Post Wed May 16, 2007 10:12 am 
nhu33
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations Mr. DALE WEIGHILLl!!!!!

I am a former student of Mr. Dale Weighill and I would like to tell the people of Flint that he has been a great mentor and teacher. His passion for teaching and his patience,dedication, and respect for his students has been inspirational. Thanks to Mr. Dale Weighill's guidance I will be joining Teach for America this fall. Mr. Dale Weighill is a believer in Flint and the people of Flint, like myself. I know that many of my peers in the classroom would agree that Flint needs a change and that change is Mr. Dale Weighill. Good Luck Mr. Dale Weighill !!!!! I will be voting for you this August along with many of your former students.
Post Wed May 16, 2007 8:19 pm 
Scott J. Baker
F L I N T O I D

Just wanted to say great job Dale. It was great meeting you. I know that you can do great things for Flint.
Post Wed May 16, 2007 8:45 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks everyone! ..... The Good Beans event was packed and went very well. Thanks also to all Dale's former students who attended. We appreciate everyones support.
Post Thu May 17, 2007 9:18 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its good to see people running for Mayor, Dale has demonstarted great work in this great City of Flint.. Thanks for all you do Dale!

Post Thu May 17, 2007 5:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JackieOH
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations,

It is great to hear that a well qualified candidate is in the running for the position of Mayor of Flint.

I just hope this will be a clean and honest race without all the mud slinging, Flint does not need any more bad publicity.

This is why I am glad to hear that Dale Weighill's focus is on the issues at hand and not dirty politic.

I have enjoyed his pieces on Crime, Youth and his plans for Flint.

Good Luck!
Post Thu May 17, 2007 7:17 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Hey everyone ....Dale Weighill will be on Meet the Candidates on channel 17 this Monday May, 21 at 9:30pm. Hope everyone watches. Thanks!
Post Sat May 19, 2007 10:10 am 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Just an Fyi... Dale was featured on weyi nbc 25... heres the link for the website coverage.
http://www.nbc25online.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=35235
Post Sun May 20, 2007 10:37 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mark thompson schreef:
Thanks everyone! ..... The Good Beans event was packed and went very well. Thanks also to all Dale's former students who attended. We appreciate everyones support.

I had a great time at the event. There are pics up of it on the website.
http://www.anewflint.org/Photos.asp
Some nice pics with community activist Sybyl Atwood...check um out.
Post Mon May 21, 2007 6:52 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

In Mr. Bankert's Good Morning Flint Blog he summarizes Dale Weishills comments to the College Cultural Neighborhood Meething yesterday.

Dale said in summary::::

-Dale Weighhill...With all volunteers he got over 1500 petition signatures...teach at Mott Community College...president of the resource Center..has EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE...
Advocates the need for more block clubs and will create the office called Neighborhood Renewal Center to provide training for the creation of block clubs
see
http://www.anewflint.org/
Post Wed May 23, 2007 10:07 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if those can be put on YOUTUBE?

quote:
mark thompson schreef:
Just an Fyi... Dale was featured on weyi nbc 25... heres the link for the website coverage.
http://www.nbc25online.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=35235

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I just received this fold out flyer from Mr. Weighel, it was the most impressive and comphrehensive I have seen to date!

quote:
philanthropiclady schreef:
quote:
mark thompson schreef:

I had a great time at the event. There are pics up of it on the website.
http://www.anewflint.org/Photos.asp
Some nice pics with community activist Sybyl Atwood...check um out.

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: