FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Probably the smartest thing I've heard yet!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

good point Ted...

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
I. Kahn Reed

quote:
Stohl N. Stuffe schreef:
quote:
Bossman schreef:
Anybody who doesn't realize that almost all of Flint's crime is directly related to drugs has been living in a cave. Prostitution, robberies, larcenies, car thefts, the list goes on. The crooks are all trying to get money to support their drug habit.

Except the crooks who are trying to get money for other stuff - to be a good consumer, to pay child support, to soothe a nagging spouse or partner, to buy booze, to pay for heat, to suppliment a low-paying job... the list can go on and on!

Or, they are committing crimes because they are socialpaths, or psychopaths, or because they grew up around neighbors who spied, but did not involve themselves, or because they are not muslim, or because they went to public school.

In fact - public school may be the root of most of our problems. The chances are that if someone has done something wrong (or badly) that they went to public school. If someone is so stupid that they can't even spell - where did they go to school? Public school.

Really... it makes sense... we should first ask a person if they went to public school. If the answer is yes, then they are probably a stupid, drug addicted crook who drunkenly beats his spouse or his "baby mama" and neglects to pay child support.

Remember, find out if a person went to public school. Then immediately start a criminal investigation. Examine their past tax records. Watch them closely - they are probably up to something. Don't forget to take their children away from them. Certainly, you will want to pass them over when considering hiring or promotions.

It's a joke, people! You can't assume a causal relationship simply because two things exist at the same time.

Taking drugs doesn't cause anyone to steal. Likewise, neither does going to public school.

Put another way... drugs don't cause crime... people cause crime.
Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:00 pm 
MysteryGuest
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I. Kahn Reed schreef:
Taking drugs doesn't cause anyone to steal. Likewise, neither does going to public school.

Put another way... drugs don't cause crime... people cause crime.

Taking drugs doesn't necessarily cause crime, but the money involved does.
Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:02 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Another Guest schreef:

I’m not expecting God to take action soon but the same think could be accomplished by ending the drug war and decriminalizing drug possession.

Decriminalizing drugs won't solve anything. The users will still need the money to buy them, so the robberies to get drug money would continue. Dealers would still be out there, killing each other in turf wars. Decriminalizing will not cure the addicts out there.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Another Guest schreef:

I’m not expecting God to take action soon but the same think could be accomplished by ending the drug war and decriminalizing drug possession.

Decriminalizing drugs won't solve anything. The users will still need the money to buy them, so the robberies to get drug money would continue. Dealers would still be out there, killing each other in turf wars. Decriminalizing will not cure the addicts out there.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Another Guest schreef:

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:09 pm 
KW
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Decriminalizing will not cure the addicts out there.

Is it society's job to cure the addicts? There are addictions of all kinds. All addictions are not all criminal, nor do they need to be. Consider for a moment, what a society would be like if individuals managed themselves. Would that be so terrible? When did it become society's job (or right) to tell people how to live on every front?

I have no desire to use drugs. However, I am becoming increasingly incensed at our society's and our government's perceived right to take over decisions that should be made by the individual.

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:45 pm 
KW
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Decriminalizing will not cure the addicts out there.

Is it society's job to cure the addicts? There are addictions of all kinds. All addictions are not all criminal, nor do they need to be. Consider for a moment, what a society would be like if individuals managed themselves. Would that be so terrible? When did it become society's job (or right) to tell people how to live on every front?

I have no desire to use drugs. However, I am becoming increasingly incensed at our society's and our government's perceived right to take over decisions that should be made by the individual.

Post Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 pm 
pissed living in flint

Don’t decimalize drug possession if it is small amount (for personal use) fine them or better still have them picking up trash up and down the streets of flint . But if it is a large amount (for distribution sale) execution on the spot . No jail time ,saves taxpayer money and makes the world a nicer place. If it’s a drug mule give him a choice tell who is the receiver and who gave him the drugs or spend 2 years in jail and have all the guards say he is a snitch.

the only thing a drug dealer is good for is target practice.
Post Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:02 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

AMEN!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
Another Guest schreef:

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Your right Ted, its the biggest contributor to crime in Flint. Although why are we downsizing FANG??

You'd have to ask the Don? He is the one downsizing FANG. Wanted to remove the K-9 units. The MOST effective tools we had in the war on drugs. HMmm kinda makes me wonder.

He hires forty officers and crime goes up 40 percent!
Refuses to open the jail, then claims he is opening it with funding from and illegal wrecking operation.

Leaves cars in the street and let's people work on them in the street, however, if they have one in their Garage, and are rebuilding it. He'll tow that one in a heartbeat since it will bring in more money from its sale.

Won't let officers eat in restaurants where alcohol is served, but has them handing out campaign literature at the farmers market.

I just don't get it.
Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Your right Ted, its the biggest contributor to crime in Flint. Although why are we downsizing FANG??

You'd have to ask the Don? He is the one downsizing FANG. Wanted to remove the K-9 units. The MOST effective tools we had in the war on drugs. HMmm kinda makes me wonder.

He hires forty officers and crime goes up 40 percent!
Refuses to open the jail, then claims he is opening it with funding from and illegal wrecking operation.

Leaves cars in the street and let's people work on them in the street, however, if they have one in their Garage, and are rebuilding it. He'll tow that one in a heartbeat since it will bring in more money from its sale.

Won't let officers eat in restaurants where alcohol is served, but has them handing out campaign literature at the farmers market.

I just don't get it.

what didn't you get Ted? any of his literature?

I plan to go by the Farmers Market tomorrow, I'll see if any of his campaign literature is still around [in the trash cans].

Because.... I'm.....Biggie-Lou....and I.......care..... ABOUT...............YOU!!!

[just like the commercial]

glad to see you're back around TJ.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:10 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I'm still around, This city is still pretty big and many of the registered voters on the voters list no longer live in those houses. So i've been trying to hit the streets door to door getting signatures. Still a quite a few more to go. I still read but often don't have the time to post and still get sleep at night.

It's nice to know therre are people out there that pay attention.

ttyl
Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: