FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Where is the Flint Journal on the FACTS?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://www.cityofflint.net/crime_rate_comparison.htm
http://www.cityofflint.com/Police/Stat.htm

On my website. I show the REAL numbers reported on the City's website. With percentages of how much crime has gone up or down in the last 10 years. Let me SUM it up here.

% Change
1996 -6.94% <decrease
1997 0.31% <barely mentionable increase
1998 -3.07% <slight decrease
1999 -10.38% <noticeable decrease
2000 -19.93% <NOTABLE DECREASE!!
2001 -7.03% <noticeable decrease
2002 -10.57% <noticeable decrease
2003 -15.36% <NOTABLE DECREASE!!
2004 17.01% <NOTABLE INCREASE << THIS IS FAILURE!!
2005 11.96% <NOTABLE INCREASE << This should taken seriously as failing

The Mayor claims He is responsible for a "MAJOR REDUCTION IN CRIME" in 2005. Can someone please! PLEASE explain to me where that information came from? And Why everybody is so thrilled with our 12 percent increase that the Mayor claims is a "MAJOR REDUCTION".
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

Ted,

Are you going to ask that to the Ombudsman? I think that could be a very clear early test of the effectiveness of the office. Would this Ombudsman have the guts to investigate the mayor?

Adam
webmaster@mysearchisover.com
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:46 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adam,
Are you living in a dream world??
The Ombudsman has no power!!
Investigate the mayor? For what?? Doing his job?? Holding people responsible for there actions???

I can not wait to read your response!
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Let me answer for Adam here.
First let me ask the question that begs an answer.
When did the Mayor begin to do his job? It appears the thing he is best at is taking credit for things that others forced him to do. Ie Budget?
Also there is the massive increase in Crime since he took power???
Who has he actually held responsible? Sally Haywood, repeatedly violated supena by City Council. Then once they caught up to her. He helped he out by sending her to a conference?? Who is being held accountable for the RISE in Crime in Flint? It should be the Mayor?? Oh and could you send me some of whatever that is your smoking... I'd like to go through life living in a dream work also.

And in response to Adams question.

This is not something that an Ombudsman would look into. I'm guessing lying about the crime in Flint wouldn't be considered a criminal act. Just like lying in the Campaign. Those are issues we have to hold him accountable for, as the voters. Deceptive practices of painting over graffiti in order to prove he is doing something to clean up Flint instead of catching and punishing those responsible for it getting put there in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't putting the graffiti up there himself at night in order to paint over it during the day so people can see him do it. But, that is too outrageous to say.
So I will just keep that to myself. I wouldn’t mention that to anybody. But, it wouldn’t surprise me. Remember, this is the Mayor that approved the retroactive pay that the city council deserved after the take over. Then ran around claiming they stole it from the city.
Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Quote from Ted....

"Deceptive practices of painting over graffiti in order to prove he is doing something to clean up Flint instead of catching and punishing those responsible for it getting put there in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't putting the graffiti up there himself at night in order to paint over it during the day so people can see him do it. But, that is too outrageous to say. "

Yep, that is too outrageous. I also thought that the brown paint was not graffitied during campaign due to payments to local gangs to desist until after elections. Again, just an outrageous thought!

We need to stick to facts instead of rumors and silly thoughts.

We have created an avenue for citizen thoughts that may be viewed by those in power. To be taken seriously some of us(me included) need to stick to facts.

We have a start to something that may have a lasting impact on this community. Let us continue.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:10 am 
plato

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
Quote from Ted....

"Deceptive practices of painting over graffiti in order to prove he is doing something to clean up Flint instead of catching and punishing those responsible for it getting put there in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't putting the graffiti up there himself at night in order to paint over it during the day so people can see him do it. But, that is too outrageous to say. "

Yep, that is too outrageous. I also thought that the brown paint was not graffitied during campaign due to payments to local gangs to desist until after elections. Again, just an outrageous thought!

We need to stick to facts instead of rumors and silly thoughts.

We have created an avenue for citizen thoughts that may be viewed by those in power. To be taken seriously some of us(me included) need to stick to facts.

We have a start to something that may have a lasting impact on this community. Let us continue.

We have already begun. Well done.
Whats next?
Terry Bankert 3/4/06
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:29 am 
AdamFord

Steve,
I didn't say the mayor wasn't doing his job. I said the mayors protrayal of crime decreasing seems inconsistent with actual figures. I guess lying is not worthy of an investigation but if we have a crime problem I don't see why we should not be informed of the status of the problem. Did the mayor not say crime was decreasing in his speech? So is crime increasing or decreasing? If we can't even conclusively answer this simple question how can we ever expect to solve the problem. To answer your question I just want to know the truth. Is crime increasing or decreasing? I didn't realize the ombudsman wouldn't handle a complaint about city officials potentially lying. I thought the ombudsman's duty was to investigate all citizens complaints not just criminal ones. Aren't criminal complaints the prosecutors job? If I was saying the mayor did something illegal than I would go to the prosecutors office.

For the record what types of complaints does the ombudsman handle?
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:36 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Yes, Terry. I agree.

I was just making a point. Using the same method so many in Local government and National Government seem to use. Esp. when coming out of the Mayors office. To say or make outrageous claims without any facts behind them. It was meant to facetious/sarcastic. I thought it went over well. Because, it is so obviously untrue. But, if anyone has read the Mayor mailing during the City Council elections about the City Council people stealing money from the City. It was just as outrageous and nonfactual.

I do wish I was better at writing satire.
Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: