FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: HDC again votes to demolish Manning St.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

HDC again votes to demolish Manning St.

By Gregory J. Vanucci

An attempt to stop, at least temporarily, a Flint Cultural Center Corporation plan to demolish almost all of the Manning Street Historic District to build a parking lot for the Flint Institute of Music was overwhelmingly defeated April 5 by the Flint Historic District Commission.

A motion to rescind the group’s November decision to approve demolition failed with a 4-2 vote, with one abstention.

Vice Chairman Nancy Sinclair, who made the motion, said the commission should rescind its earlier decision because the group determined that there are many alternatives that would allow the institute to have additional and more convenient parking while still preserving the four houses planned for demolition.

She said city law requires the commission....

Anyone interested in the ongoing story about the Manning Street/Cultural Center situation can go to www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read the rest of the article.

Those who went to the meeting might find it interesting to compare my take on the meeting to their own.

Don't forget to check out some of the other stories in our April issue, as well as our news release page. You can also find several stories about the "Manning Street issue" in our archive and many stories about the Historic District Commission.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

great article. Much more informative than the Flint Journal's or ABC news. Keep up the good work.
Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Very Good Article Greg! I have to give you credit, its one of your better articles.

quote:
GregoryJVanucci schreef:
HDC again votes to demolish Manning St.

By Gregory J. Vanucci

An attempt to stop, at least temporarily, a Flint Cultural Center Corporation plan to demolish almost all of the Manning Street Historic District to build a parking lot for the Flint Institute of Music was overwhelmingly defeated April 5 by the Flint Historic District Commission.

A motion to rescind the group’s November decision to approve demolition failed with a 4-2 vote, with one abstention.

Vice Chairman Nancy Sinclair, who made the motion, said the commission should rescind its earlier decision because the group determined that there are many alternatives that would allow the institute to have additional and more convenient parking while still preserving the four houses planned for demolition.

She said city law requires the commission....

Anyone interested in the ongoing story about the Manning Street/Cultural Center situation can go to www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read the rest of the article.

Those who went to the meeting might find it interesting to compare my take on the meeting to their own.

Don't forget to check out some of the other stories in our April issue, as well as our news release page. You can also find several stories about the "Manning Street issue" in our archive and many stories about the Historic District Commission.

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: