FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kincaid quits Mayoral race? Should he step down now?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Kincaid doesn't have the vim and vigor to run for mayor how can he be a council person?

Should he step down now??

Illness forces Kincaid from mayor's race
FLINT THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONFriday, April 06, 2007By Marjory Raymermraymer@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6325
FLINT - Ninth Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid will not challenge Mayor Don Williamson for his seat this year because of an undisclosed illness.

"I don't feel that I'd be able to put the time and the effort into the vigorous activity that it takes to do a campaign. I don't want to shortchange my supporters or my constituents," Kincaid said.

Kincaid, 54, declined to go into specifics about his health, calling it a personal issue

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-43/1175869254257050.xml&coll=5

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
SL2

He should serve the two years remaining in his current term unless and until he decides he is no longer able to do so.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:58 pm 
Scott

I think he is a liar and a drunk
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:04 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

It shouldn't take a whole lot of vigor to be a council person. It is a part time job. The main thing though is I hope he's o.k. Hopefully he can finish his term but I imagine he might not run again. I talked to him at the last council meeting and he seemed fine and said he had his petitions and was ready to turn them in.

Does anyone know David Davenport?

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:21 pm 
jackson

The first thing about which we should be concerned is Scott Kincaid's health. Whether or not one always agreed with him, he has served his ward and the city well for a long time.

Running for office is often a lot harder than holding office. It's stressful and takes long hours. When you run, hold down a full time day job and a part time Council seat, it's really tough.

His withdrawel from the Mayor's race should have no impact on his ability to serve on the City Council.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:35 pm 
jackson

The first thing about which we should be concerned is Scott Kincaid's health. Whether or not one always agreed with him, he has served his ward and the city well for a long time.

Running for office is often a lot harder than holding office. It's stressful and takes long hours. When you run, hold down a full time day job and a part time Council seat, it's really tough.

His withdrawel from the Mayor's race should have no impact on his ability to serve on the City Council.
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: