FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: For all you religious idiots
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
I. N. Choir

Found a cool "god" web site.

But Flinttalk is not letting me type WWWorORGorHTTP, so lets try...

newadvent. o r g/cathen/index.html

Actually, this is the index page for the online encyclopedia available at the site.

The actual website is, obviously, newadvent. o r g

It seems to be a Catholic site, so it is run by people who believe in the one, true Christian religion - Not one of the cult religions like Branch Davidians, evangelical, methodist, or baptist. Smile

Another good page on the site is newadvent. o r g/cathen/14275a.html
Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:23 pm 
JB

Here's a better youtube link. Atheist Walking . . .
h-t-t-p: 3 double U's dot youtube.c-o-m plus

/watch?v=2WHf5HFDk10&mode=related&search=
Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:00 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Eileen schreef:
It's the amputee arguement that makes the most sense. We have testimonials from all sorts of people about how their cancer and other illnesses were cured through prayer. Anyone who's been to a revival can tell you that prayer can cure crippled limbs.

So why does god have it out for amputees? Have there been no amputees who were devout enough or prayed enough to have their condition reversed? Are all amputees dirty, filthy sinners? Are child amputees people who were going to sin later, so God just took their limbs now? Is he trying to reduce his future workload?

Does god find stubs kinda hot?

Does he just want some people to be easy to catch? Or be unable to?

And what about people who are heavily retarded? Why did God make them so they could never develop an understanding of god? That means they could never believe, never be born again and never be saved!

It's all like god just sits back and tweeks us once and awhile, for good or for bad. God likes to watch.

Remember folks... the next time you see one of our kids who has returned from Iraq because he or she was wounded and had something amputated... There be a sinner! STONE HIM!!! BURN HIM!!! ... until he sins no more....

Anyone who claims they can heal is a fool. God chooses who He will heal and who He won't heal according to His will. Why do you think Benny Hinn or others don't go to hospitals to heal people? Duh, because they don't have any powers to heal (plus they can't get paid as easily). Don't you think if Benny had any power he could heal his hair?

About the mentally retarded. Though it doesn't say in the Bible, my opinion is that they never reach an age of accountability, but again, that is my opinion.
Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:44 am 
insider
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I. N. Choir schreef:
Found a cool "god" web site.

But Flinttalk is not letting me type WWWorORGorHTTP, so lets try...

newadvent. o r g/cathen/index.html

Actually, this is the index page for the online encyclopedia available at the site.

The actual website is, obviously, newadvent. o r g

It seems to be a Catholic site, so it is run by people who believe in the one, true Christian religion - Not one of the cult religions like Branch Davidians, evangelical, methodist, or baptist. Smile

Another good page on the site is newadvent. o r g/cathen/14275a.html

Are you serious about Catholicism being the one true Christian religion or are you being funny? Catholicism has no resemblance of Biblical Christianity whatsoever!
Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:07 am 
Neil A. Lott

[/quote]

Are you serious about Catholicism being the one true Christian religion or are you being funny? Catholicism has no resemblance of Biblical Christianity whatsoever![/quote]

Just kiddin about the one, true stuff.

But, I'm serious about the website having very good, in depth information.

Also, just for the record... It was the catholics who put various books together into a bible. So it is, by default "biblical christianity.

Many years later, some protesting group... basicly, a cult... re-examined the bible, decided to change it a bit (god's word apparently didn't suit them) and re-published it as what was later named "The King James Version".

On that same train of thought, the "original" christian bible is now commonly referred to as the vulgate (I hope me spell it goodly.).
Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:33 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: