FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: CANDIDATES ON CRIME
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Who do you think has the best platform on Crime?
Dayne Walling
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Dale Weighill
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Scott Kincaid
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Norm Bryant
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tamra Edwards
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Sara D.

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:
Here's my advice to all Flint voters...............go out of your way to actually meet the candidates face to face...................and then vote based on your intuition.

I've met them all.

the Don (a fool with money)
D.W. (Lots of Fluff, but not a true Flintoid)
D.W. (Born and raised in Flint, competent and brilliant - but can he bridge the racial gap?)
T.J. (Good pot stirrer but he's not actually serious about running this city)
Norm (Nice guy, but no way will he attract federal funding or other private grants for the city or schools)

D(ayne) W(alling) is competent and brilliant? If so, where's his platform on crime? A single sentence in his so-called "Roadmap" doesn't sound like a plan to me. Talk about fluff.

At least Dale, Ted, and Norm have given specifics about what they'd do as Mayor.
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:48 am 

True Sara, but I still gotta go with my gut on this election. And my gut tells me D.W. (the geeky one....wait they're both geeky......the whitebread cracker one......wait that still doesn't help.....are these guys clones or what?)

I gotta go with the Flint kid.
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:03 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
JBToolFist schreef:

the Don (a fool with money)
D.W. (Lots of Fluff, but not a true Flintoid)
D.W. (Born and raised in Flint, competent and brilliant - but can he bridge the racial gap?)
T.J. (Good pot stirrer but he's not actually serious about running this city)
Norm (Nice guy, but no way will he attract federal funding or other private grants for the city or schools)

That assessment is 100% accurate.
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:52 pm 
guest123

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
True Sara, but I still gotta go with my gut on this election. And my gut tells me D.W. (the geeky one....wait they're both geeky......the whitebread cracker one......wait that still doesn't help.....are these guys clones or what?)

I gotta go with the Flint kid.

Fair enough.... you can go with the "Flint Kid" A kid who has not lived in Flint in 10 years. Ill stick with Mr. Weighill, someone who has lived and worked here for the last 10 years and who has the most thought out plan for fighting crime of all the candidates. You guys want a short conscise plan for fighting crime? Tough problems dont have easy answers.
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok Give an example of what you consider I’ve done to "Stir the pot"?
And an example of how you've determined that I'm not serious about running this city?

Understanding that those that do this, have no intention of solving anything, or bringing anything to light for the purpose of correcting it. They create chaos just for the sake of creating dissention!

Once, I’ve ensured I have the complete amount of signatures my Campaign Committee will be filing with the county Clerk! So, I’m at a loss as to what you base your assumptions on?
Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh only 3 people voted on this poll??? WAKE UP PEOPLE, this election is very important to our city!

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh only 3 people voted on this poll??? WAKE UP PEOPLE, this election is very important to our city!

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

JBToolFist I see you haven't actually given any examples. This is why nothing gets done by Ie Pot Stirrer such as your self. You give no evidence, and don't formulate any ideas. Your dialogue is that twisted meanings, one liners and catch phrases. Substance please.

Oh and Ryan, How do you expect people to vote in a poll, that doesn't even contain the favorites?
Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: