FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Homicide investigator training

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

The leader of the families of murdered children today claimed on 94.3 that Flint homicide investigators recieve no training. Does anyone have any information on this? She also shared some horror stories such as the woman who's son was shot and then the police wouldn't let her ride in the ambulance or giver her a ride to the hospital so she had to run a mile to hurley to be there when her son died.

Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:08 pm 

Adam,
See following schedule for EBA. Wanda will be speaker on March 21. The new police inspectors are usually also in attendance. Good place to pose that question. Confused

March Events
Eastside Business Association

Meetings held every Wednesday (except Holidays)
12:00 Noon until 1:00pm at Brown Funeral Home.
1616 Davison Rd., Flint MI
Details: Don Lada
810-239-8636

Community Welcome!

Reminder- March 3, 2007 Citizens Nuisance Task Force (CNTF) in partnership with Keep Genesee County Beautiful – “Graffiti Hurts Flint” Summit, University of Michigan- Flint, contact 234-8147

March 7, 2007 – Speaker- Shirley Cochran “Motherly Intercession”

March 14, 2007- Speaker- Mike Robinson- “Navy Jr. ROTC”

March 21, 2007- Speaker – Wanda Pierce “Families of Murdered Children Support Group”

The Eastside Business Association is a community collaboration between business and residents. Our purpose is to build bridges that lead to the stabilization and improvement of our community and to enhance and enrich our neighborhoods.
Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Good luck getting a straight answer out of any of the inspectors. They don't even know what they do everyday, let alone what anyone else at the department does. Hell no one in that group was even a good officer. Anyway.....homicide detectives do get training in homicide investigation. Some may work homicide for a bit before going to the training, but they do eventually get trained. Flint Police also use the Michigan State Police Forensic division to assist with their investigations.
Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:04 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: