FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walter Milton - Flint superintendent will bring back schools

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic

For the record I still think Flint schools kind of suck but I expect that to continue to change. I went to the school board meeting yesterday and was amazed at the number of people there. It seemed to have about triple the attendance of the city council meetings. They also had an excellent presentation by A&E some student group that did some awesome poetry reading and some kind of dance. They were very good. While some of the kids attend other schools the president that goes to Flint Central plans to attend Yale University where Bush and Kerry went and were members of the Skull and Bones. Anyways Milton ran the meeting extremely well! He has a look of Mike Tyson and seemed to answer pretty much every speaker. He didn't even seem to face any criticism. Another positive is that Flnt schools MEAP scores are much higher when you take out the students that have been in the school less than a year which is what the state looks at so I guess Flint schools are not as bad as they seem. However they do have a long ways to go and I expect Milton to take them a long ways. By they way, if anyone wants to here Milton speak he will be speaking at the organization I will be joining next thursday on the following Thursday 3-2. You would get a free meal out of it and hopefully help me do my recruiting. lol For the record I wouldn't be suprised if Flint has some of the best schools in the county in 5-10 years. Maybe sooner and with a great school system this town could dramatically turn around as parents move their kids back into Flint schools. There is already a couple schools that are some of the bes in the county which people don't realize yet.

Adam Ford
http://mysearchisover.com
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:04 pm 
rapunzel

Smoke and mirrors...
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:47 pm 
Adam Ford

I disagree. I personally feel I can tell when people are full of it. At first I was laughing when they were presenting their plan but when Milton speaks it seems like he is earning his $150,000 a year. I expect Flint schools to improve. I was also kind of shocked when I saw all the people at the meeting. They also ran the meeting amazingly well. Aren't people normally pretty critical in Flint? I didn't even hear any criticizm. The other thing I liked was there was no 5 minute rule like at the city council meeting and Milton seemed to reply pretty well to me. The city council usually doesn't even comment. I've never been a fan of that. I really feel Flint schools might finally have their man they need.
Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:26 pm 
rapunzel

Adam,

The meetings are not usually so well attended. It was mostly staff & admin, oh and union from many buildings. Hence, no critizism.

It was the warm up for the saturday meeting. Usually school board has less attendance than council.

You will see much critizism in the next few weeks and high turn out.

"Don't close my school" and "if you no longer have the challenge program my child will leave Flint Schools". The five minute rule will be enforced.

The board does not usually comment to speakers. Unless it is to tell them some one from admin will speak with them about a direct complaint.

You ruffled a few feathers with your "advice". RAP
Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: