FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Did anyone listen to 94.3 radio this morning?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Some radio host was interviewing the mayor and talking about "working together" over and over again. Apparently he isn't even from Flint and must not understand government very much but since he seemed to firmly believe "working together" would solve all our problems I called in and mention how Rudy Giuliani solved problems like crime unemployment etc. and had a much more hostile council that did not want to work with him at all. Anyways while talking about having the mayor and council work together Sheldon Neely called in twice and was hung up on both times preventing him from talking with the mayor and "working together". Although this seems idiotic to me what I have a problem with is a radio show host disrespecting one of our city councilman. In addition the host hung up on me which I am not that upset about but he was repeatedly hanging up on callers and did not seem to care what they had to say. I almost felt like the mayor may have wasted his time (30 minutes) by going on the show because the only thing the host seemed to care about was badgering the mayor about "working together" and did not ask hardly any other questions.

I think the council should demand an apology for the treatment of Sheldon Neely and various citizens of Flint that I felt were disrespected. I can understand getting hung up on because I was mad as hell that the guy didn't seem to know what he was talking about.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:26 pm 
Freddy Carnon

He was from Flint, he spoke at last weeks city council. He was a large man, with a kid who spoke.
Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:01 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Sheldon Neely wants to speak with the Mayor he can do it on his time Tuesday morning.
The talk show was for the people to talk to the Mayor not council members.

I have a feeling Sheldon Neely and the callers wanted to pick a fight with the Mayor on radio and the talk show host was well within his right to hang up on the them.

Adam if you are running for Mayor, you will need a thicker skin.

Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Freddy Carnon

Here, here. i feel strongly, Sheldon, Sims and Kincaid arn't trying to meet with the mayor, but just grand stand at meetings, especially Kincaid, for his mayoral campaign. That being said, we all know the administration and council are trying to do the right thing.
Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:31 pm 

quote:
Freddy Carnon schreef:
Here, here. i feel strongly, Sheldon, Sims and Kincaid arn't trying to meet with the mayor, but just grand stand at meetings, especially Kincaid, for his mayoral campaign. That being said, we all know the administration and council are trying to do the right thing.

WE NEED TO RECALL CAROLYN SIMS
Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:38 pm 
Eastsider

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
If Sheldon Neely wants to speak with the Mayor he can do it on his time Tuesday morning.
The talk show was for the people to talk to the Mayor not council members.

I have a feeling Sheldon Neely and the callers wanted to pick a fight with the Mayor on radio and the talk show host was well within his right to hang up on the them.

Adam if you are running for Mayor, you will need a thicker skin.

Come on Adam isn't running for mayor, we have heard nothing from this right winger
Post Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:39 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I wasn't complaining about him cutting me off. I thought he was mainly being mean towards the citizens of Flint and it seems strange to repeatedly hang up on city leaders. It also seemed to me like he was wasting the mayors time by asking him one question over and over and then he repeatedly talked about the mayor and council needing to work together and but blocked Neely from talking to the mayor.

I'll probably run things right down to the wire. Do you watch the council meetings Eastsider? I usually talk about right wing concepts such as job creation but Flint is doing a great job of "protecting" people from things like home based businesses. This benefits us so we can be more liberal and have more of things like welfare, poverty and crime so we can have more community meetings. Realistically though I don't have much of a chance so things should pretty much stay the same. Things would be more fair if my home business did its advertising locally like Patsy Lou but I'm not allowed to advertise in the Journal. I think it's clear the only candidate people will be hearing much about is the mayor. I was watching ABC 12 news last night and it was really nice. There was a story about crime in Flint. The next story was the mayors plans and then later patsy Lou's ad came on. What a coincidence.

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: