FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Could the Mayor be suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer's

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Maybe we are being too hard on a a guy who has a medical condition. It could be that he begining stages of Dementia or Alzheimer's. How could we find out? I've mentioned this before and pointed out that Reagan had it. It was kept secret! This guy could just plain be suffering from an illness and needs treament. He may not actually be a bully, pathological liar, mean spirited, vindictive, etc. He just may be sick.
Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

If there were actually a medical explanation for his sometimes offensive behavior would it make any difference in how you refer to him, or how you would handle your own candidacy for mayor? There are some mental conditions that don't get diagnosed because the person with the problem doesn't think they have one so they don't seek help, but which cause very offensive behavior when triggered by unintentional words or acts of others. I knew a person who kept his physical illness a secret but after it was disclosed it explained some of the irrational behavior witnessed by others; men are more inclined to this than women, by the way. If you believe a medical condition is a possibility why wouldn't you proceed accordingly, i.e., proceed a little more cautiously and treat the person with respect without prying into personal secrets. There is a law to protect the personal privacy of medical records.
Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
If you believe a medical condition is a possibility why wouldn't you proceed accordingly, i.e., proceed a little more cautiously and treat the person with respect without prying into personal secrets. There is a law to protect the personal privacy of medical records.

While I agree, his condition shouldn't effect how I run my candidacy. I am not asking about it due to my candidacy. I'm asking to see if others may be thinking along the same lines. It does seem to make sense that Dementia or Alzheimer’s may be kicking in.

So the next question is, do we have a right to know if the Mayor is making decisions with all his facility's or is mentally incompetent? It seems to me that the need to know about the mental capability's of the person making the decisions for 118,000 residents is something we should all be sure of.

If he is suffering from a mental illness, that would explain much of his erratic behavior. Such as carrying on 3 different conversations of which he emphatically states he is not going to allow Mr. Riley to get his building permits then later under oath claims he has never met the man. Or when presenting his police reorganization plan. He gets on Channel 12 and states "The union or anybody else has never come to me with any suggestions" When everybody knows that the council paid a consultant from Ann Arbor to come in and make recommendations, and the Police Union had made a presentation to the mayor for restructuring that included a suggestion to have 4 ten hour shifts. Then the Mayor went out of his way in his plan to point out that there would be NO 4 day work weeks! Ie 4 ten hour days. When setting up a restructuring or presenting a plan. It is not necessary to make a rule as to what you are NOT going to do. Unless you’re throwing it someone’s face!
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Ted,

Anybody who has ever met or listened to the Mayor knows damn well he's not playing with a full-deck. That's why he is so perfect for the people of this city - they get exactly what they deserve with him.
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:02 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I would disagree. While the Don was first running his campaign to become Mayor. He was actually making sense. Only I believe that was because he spoke in sound bites.

Possibly had he had to defend any of his positions or ideas. We may have been better informed as to his character. However, I was also blinded. He was saying all the right things and I wasn't taking into consideration his past track record. I believe I speak for many when I say we (Flint) was desperate.
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:31 am 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

The issue of his mental stability should be a very important one.

Any of the directors in city hall know that they have to see what kind of mood he is in before asking him to sign anything. My personal belief is that he not only has dementia, but is bi-polar.

The reason it is so important to the goodness of the city is because he hires puppets to work for him.

Peggy Cook doesn't have a clue how to run the city, yet she's paid $80,000 a year to be the "administrator" The only thing she does on a daily basis is take 20 smoke breaks a day down the the garage. She also drives a brand new SUV given to her by her friend Patsy Lou. It even has a dealer plate on it.

Bob Cook's only qualification is that he is sleeping with the "City Administrator"

Joe Conroy doesn't have a clue what is going on in city hall, yet he is the spokesman. I doubt he could even find his way around city hall without a map.

Sally Haywood is regarded around city hall as the hall monitor. She walks around the building with a video camera taping everything "The Don" asks her to.

Don't get me started on Chucky

You've heard of the blind leading the blind? The leadership structure in City Hall is a good example of the ignorant leading the retarded!!
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:44 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Wow, somebody else who really knows what's going on in City Hall. You left out the City Attorney who didn't know what she was doing as an assistant prosecutor(and knows even less about how to handle the City's affairs), Herbert Cleaves( what does he even do???), or Ford, who just stepped out of his city position to take another appointed position on the DDA. All you have to do is support the mayor and help prop him up somehow and you can get some free money too!
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:32 pm 

The man knows exactly what he is doing... Sam Muma's wife works at the water service center because of Sam's relationship with the mayor. Sam's right hand man Frank Greene had his wife employed by the mayor in the Grants department. Plus Sam and Frank both received a 10k raise for getting all the druggies their jobs back. (Monroe, Ryan et al...) I want to see the nude pictures Sam has of the Mayor. Maybe they are the same ones Chucky has...
Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

unnamed guest here makes a valid point. It appears the Mayor is very conscience of what he does and the way he treats people. Someone had brought this to my attention. I had dismissed the idea based on the evidenc that guest, bossman and the mole has brought before us.

I think it's pretty clear the Mayor knows exactly what he is doing and why.
Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:57 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

WOW...this is getting good! I guess Ive been quite for to long now....something has to get my blood boiling!

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 pm 
Elias

Come on people! Don Williamson's mind is sharper than most of you critizing him. Who would be better than him?. Yout,Ted? Adam? What sort of accomplishments does Ted have? Adam,he is young and educated but is he stong enough of a presence to make people stand up and take notice?
I have grown tired of people making dispersions about people's mental faculties being impaired simply because of their age! Hell,my gradnmother,who died at the age of 89 ,would have tied into anyone half her age and kicked their butts ! She was sharp right unto the day she died.
And if the mayor does have some sort of illness like Alzhimer's you all are really a bunch of jerks making jokes about it! Where is this "senstivity " you political types always try to demonstrate you have? I think you are all a bunch of phonies . I will not say Don Williamson has turned Flint around ( God Himself may even not want to attempt that feat!) but stop with all that crap about him having some sort of mental disorder.
Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:39 pm 

quote:
Elias schreef:
Come on people! Don Williamson's mind is sharper than most of you critizing him. Who would be better than him?. Yout,Ted? Adam? What sort of accomplishments does Ted have? Adam,he is young and educated but is he stong enough of a presence to make people stand up and take notice?
I have grown tired of people making dispersions about people's mental faculties being impaired simply because of their age! Hell,my gradnmother,who died at the age of 89 ,would have tied into anyone half her age and kicked their butts ! She was sharp right unto the day she died.
And if the mayor does have some sort of illness like Alzhimer's you all are really a bunch of jerks making jokes about it! Where is this "senstivity " you political types always try to demonstrate you have? I think you are all a bunch of phonies . I will not say Don Williamson has turned Flint around ( God Himself may even not want to attempt that feat!) but stop with all that crap about him having some sort of mental disorder.

Elias,

I don't think his mental acuity is deteriorating. I just don't think he ever had any. The guy is an imbecile. Very low IQ. He's good at bullying and that's about it. No leadership qualities what-so-ever.

He's truly the epitome of the American Dream (i.e. a moron who makes a fortune) Only in America could that happen. God Bless the USA.

The funny thing is........he's hypersenstive about his low IQ. He's got a pathological fear of people finding out how truly stupid he is. Sorry Don, the cat's already out of the bag.
Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:22 pm 
MARCOS FIERASs

Woww.... I would love to have no sense and a low iq, and be a multimillionaire and mayor of a medium sized michigan city...
Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:41 am 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

You Williamson supporters are the idiots.

This guy is a multi-millionaire only because he is a crook. He stole most of his money and married into the rest of it. Most of that money is Patsy Lou's.

His IQ is a very important topic, because as I posted before, he only hires puppets to work for him. That means all of the decisions being made are at the lowest common denominator.

He bought his own election and he bought 7 of the 9 current council elections. Several of the council members even drive new cars with a Patsy Lou sticker on it. Peggy Cook's even has a dealer plate on it.

This guy is a thug with mob mentality and all of you followers think he's doing a great job because he paved a few streets.

His kids hate him (even the illegitimate ones) and his first wife left him because he abused her.
Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:07 am 
1600 Member

Mayor Williamson loves to have people beg for their jobs back after he fires them. He loves to bring drug addicts back to work, he loves crappy employees, he loves the local minister's children to be in the employ of the city.

Dementia? Nah. Just plain ol' stupidity.
Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: