FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New deputy director of the Downtown Development Authority

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mayor Don Williamson appointed Larry Ford deputy director of the Downtown Development Authority.

Why isn't anyone crying foul?

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-41/117034154239320.xml&coll=5

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Mayor Don Williamson appointed Larry Ford deputy director of the Downtown Development Authority.

Why isn't anyone crying foul?

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-41/117034154239320.xml&coll=5

fowl!!!!

fowl!!!

fowl!!!!

quack quack quack

hows that Steve? Wink

actually that might be a job he would be good at, glad-handing & smoozing I'm sure are strong suits of his. Better than trying to placate people who can't read their water bills.

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:49 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Mayor Don Williamson appointed Larry Ford deputy director of the Downtown Development Authority. Why isn't anyone crying foul?
Maybe because no one understands the DDA, or difference between director and deputy director? City of Flint website (probably out of date) shows as below. Anyone know if these are current? Is Jim Rutherford still director?

DDA Board Members

Chairperson: Mayor Don Williamson
Director: James Rutherford

Harry Blecker
Inez Brown
David White
Deborah Pascoe
Louis Hawkins
Barbara Veasley
Loyst Fletcher
Doris Thomas
Robert Kittel
Ken Pierpont
Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:56 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Mayor Don Williamson appointed Larry Ford deputy director of the Downtown Development Authority. Why isn't anyone crying foul?
Maybe because no one understands the DDA, or difference between director and deputy director? City of Flint website (probably out of date) shows as below. Anyone know if these are current? Is Jim Rutherford still director?

DDA Board Members

Chairperson: Mayor Don Williamson
Director: James Rutherford

Harry Blecker
Inez Brown
David White
Deborah Pascoe
Louis Hawkins
Barbara Veasley
Loyst Fletcher
Doris Thomas
Robert Kittel
Ken Pierpont

That info is correct. My question is how long do you think Larry Ford will be Rutherford's "deputy?" I'm betting Rutherford is about to get the axe.
Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:56 pm 

The Mayor does not have the right to appoint Larry Ford, only the DDA Board does. Rutherford is the manager, because he was never approved by City Council. All of the DDa Board members terms have expired, some as long as three years ago. They remain in office due to a bylaw that says they serve until replaced. Ken Pierpont no longer works in Flint, Doris Thomas retired from Chase bank and should no longer serve, Debrah Pascoe was appointed to represent the International Institute and now works outside the DDA boundry. We really need people who have an invested interst in the downtown area as its bylaws and state statue require.

The DDA really needs someone younger and energetic that can multi task and do more than just run parking lots. Larry Ford did not do anything to promote downtown Flint in his 30 years as head of the Chamber. Your right about Jim, This is a takeover, he will be out by spring.

Its a shame that the Flint paper doesn't tell the Flint people what really is going on.
Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Could this be a take over?

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1600 member

Maybe Herb Cleaves or Chris martin could be appointed. Together they have done GREAT things for Flint!
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:54 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1600 member schreef:
Maybe Herb Cleaves or Chris martin could be appointed. Together they have done GREAT things for Flint!

Are you nominating them?

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1600 member schreef:

Are you nominating them?

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: