FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: So did Council Vote?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

So did council vote to subpoena the tapes?
Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are all holding our breath with anticipation!!

If there were something to be investigated wouldn't it be smarter to have people that know what they are doing investigate it??

Oh wait , I forgot they won't because there is nothing to investigated just like there was nothing to investigate on the fail attempts to investigate the Mayor in the past.

How much money will be wasted on this one??

I think the council should complete a task before starting a new one.

What was the out come on the investigation/hearing into Mayor forcing city workers to work on his wifes campaign??

I long for the good old days of Johnny and his gang!

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

The did vote to continue with an actual investigation and subpoena Marvin Riley and the tapes.

Somewhat related to these investiagions, last night was starting to sound like the city council might try and enforce the charter. In other words they may decide to have the mayor forfeit his office for one or more charter violations.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:24 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

More Wasted Money!!! Sad

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
So did council vote to subpoena the tapes?
\

Haven't heard yet Ted!!

Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

quote:
Adam schreef:
The did vote to continue with an actual investigation and subpoena Marvin Riley and the tapes.
Council should give second thought to using those tapes and giving them a forum for publishing--Riley said they were "secretly recorded." Such an admission of wrongdoing might be of interest to law enforcement, and the potential for another stupid civil lawsuit.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Oh wait , I forgot they won't because there is nothing to investigated just like there was nothing to investigate on the fail attempts to investigate the Mayor in the past.

Failed why? Becuase, we end up with half that tell the truth and half that lie.

quote:

How much money will be wasted on this one??

I'm pretty sure it's much less than the dfference beween a peterbilt garbage truck and an international!

quote:

I think the council should complete a task before starting a new one.

So what one are they in the middle of now? That they cannot do this one?

quote:

What was the out come on the investigation/hearing into Mayor forcing city workers to work on his wifes campaign??

Pretty obvious that city workers (that where working on his wife's campaign) were paid overtime to clean up the park. Bypassing the City contract, rules for Overtime. In that 10 workers received pay for not having to work for it! That alone should have been enough evidence to to prove to any logical thinking person that he was violating the law.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Actually telephone conversations can be recorded with the consent of at least one of the parties.
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

If one of the parties is doing the recording, I thought they had to inform the other party before legally recording the conversation.

Just like when you call Insurance companies..etc they claim they may record the conversation for "quality" purposes. But thats so they can use what you say against you if necessary....

but I'm not an attorney, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night....

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

See that is the tricky part of the law. But this has held up in court before. (so I'm told). Whose own white house tape hung him?
Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:25 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: