FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Between Granholm and GM i think its time to leave

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
lukesabucco

well seeing as gm is tossing my employment to mexico (found out my job is no more as of yesterday) and granholm wishing to tax services and release convicts, the state is tainted and its time to move on, but on the otherhand since michigans economy is pure sh#t i cant sell my house either, pretty much trapped at the moment... god i love this state, cant believe these retards voted for granholm, we knew what she was about. and the state still tied its own noose.
Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:09 pm 
CandyCane
F L I N T O I D

Good luck selling your house man. You might have to sell it at a loss just to get some cash. Definitely more of an outflow here than an inflow. I don't know why people here sought to reelect Granholm. What has she really done for the wolverine state since 2003? I guess we are going to sit on our asses for another four years and watch the handful of jobs we have left get taken away. We really could of used someone who is proactive.

I was talking to some people graduating from the university this May and almost all that I spoke with are headed out of Michigan for work. Most said they were trying to get jobs in Chicago. It is retarded that our state tax dollars go towards educating our young people and that "investment" leaves Michigan. The education and job skills acquired here are put to use in Illinois, California, Florida, etc. I lived in Chicago for years. It definately ain't heaven on earth, but at least the economic pastures are greener than those of Michigan.

The one thing that has kept me in Michigan this long are the recreational opportunities like sailing, fishing, hunting, skiing, the nice state parks, etc. Then again, how can I spend money on leisure when I might get laid off in this post-industrial wasteland?
Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 am 
lukesabucco

i have been arguing with the wife for a few months, i had money set aside to run for city council next term but after the way this state is becoming i have no reason to stay. no matter what you do here life quality will be mediocre at best, so florida is sounding nice. i will have to take a huge cut on the house, its worth 65-70k i expect 40-45k if im lucky. only way i can even think of staying here is if i can get into the shop. waiting on the delphi people to get takin care of before my refferals come around, i have 4 coming for truck and bus and 1 for lake orion, if that pans out i might stick around for awhile but beyond a miracle screw this place...
Post Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:08 pm 
CandyCane
F L I N T O I D

Well, Flint has the lowest average housing values for a city over 100k. They've been advertising those jobs out in Wyoming. I wonder how they have panned out for the people who left Flint to go there. It has got to be dirt cheap to live out there I bet...and no gangbangers.
Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:24 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Wyoming is very safe but they don't have enough people to build places to live. Flint does have the lowest housing values. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3072563 says the average is $49,700.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: