FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City services already in decline

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint city council always had heated discussions over the quality of utility cuts in the streets for Consumers, warer or sewer. The city always stated they could do these better.

Well whoever is doing them now needs to be fired!

Chevrolet avenue going south from Flushing has an axle breaking repair. The asphalt is piled up in a heap that is at leat three inches above the street level. Court Street in front of the new School site , just west of Cedar Street, is a wavy mess.

Every time i complain, the people i am talking to name many other bad sites.

Fairfield Village, South of Court treet between Lapeer road and Gilkey
Creek, has not had their compost picked up. They have called friends in other areas south of Court and their district appears to be ignored. Calls to 12th Street have gone unanswered so they are now calling Brown's office.
Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:32 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Letter: Watch out for the potholes on city streets

Published: Friday, May 11, 2012, 2:00 PM Updated: Friday, May 11, 2012, 2:12 PM

By Community Voice | Flint Journal Letters

The current road conditions of Carpenter Road near Flint Northwestern High School on Tuesday afternoon in Flint. Potholes and parts of the street lie in crumbles waiting to be fixed.

Keep your eyes open or you'll be sorry. Our so called City Manager or even our city council members must not drive on the city streets.

If they did they might notice how bad the streets in the City of Flint really are. The problems are mostly in their area and they drive over them every day, potholes and even repaired spots that will ruin the front end of a auto.

Who is responsible for this damage, the city? HAH. It might toss off your front end alignment, a $45 to $70 bill or maybe ruin a tire $125 or a fancy tire rim $150 to $1000.

Try driving a street and not paying attention, you'll surely be sorry. One last thing, after you hit one of these bad spots, check the car and also go to the dentist because some of them will loosen your teeth.

JERRY L. LYNCH/Flint
Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The utility cuts are the worst I remember seeing. Some have no asphalt at all and just have some kind of hard dirt repair. Others seem to be mountains of asphalt that jar your car if you can't avoid them. Ballenger Highway, Court Street and many other streets that were upgraded within the last five years are now a tangle of utility cuts. Court near Cedar has this lumpy bumpy huge cut.

Fifth just west of M L King is bad too.
Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

These utility cuts are huge! I barely missed one about the size of a car that was the entire leane. This cur had no asphalt and was sunk down nearly two inches. Report all of these bad cuts because if someone damages their car, the obstacle needs to have been reported.

Trust me cars are going to be damaged! Years ago I damaged a tire and a wheel on Ballenger Highway near Flushing. The tree blocked the street light and I never saw the hole until after the damage was done.
Post Sat May 12, 2012 2:51 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: