FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: SMITH VILLAGE Repayment Tab now over $2 million!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When I read this financial section of their online presence, the question that comes to mind is why is there an issue of the section 3 not being implemented?

Financial

Multiple-based construction requires greater company financial strength and record-keeping expertise than many other areas of the construction industry. Rohde maintains a $60,000,000+ bonding capacity and has the capability to construct as many as 15 projects concurrently, while easily meeting the financial requirements of each individual project.

Rohde constructs many projects funded by government agencies, which have contractual requirements in excess of those in the private sector. Rohde’s record keeping was established to accommodate these more stringent accounting regulations and post-construction cost certification requirements

In 2010, Rohde’s ongoing strong financial condition and absence of debt set it apart from many of its competitors in this industry.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 am 
ins&out
F L I N T O I D

Their own employees dont make Genesee County prevailing wage, makes it hard to justify to staff thats been with them for years that guys from Flint with less experience will be making more than them.

Job was bid properly and Section 3 prevailing wages were not factored in.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm 
ins&out
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The original plan called for a 50 unit apartment structure.

I have considered writing to leader in the federal government on housing to address the high level of incompetance and corruption that has occurred with this project. Goveror Snyder and his cohorts may be the most corrupt yet. The Judge who ruled on the council lawsuit stated the state needed "more time". My question is whether they need more time to strip our last resources.

Try Yolanda Chavez at HUD
She was lied to on her visit here Wink
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

From a webinar on the NSP program May 24, 2010:

LABOR STANDARDS – DAVIS-•• Davis Davis-Bacon applies to all construction contracts over $2,000 involving CDBG funds
– Davis-Bacon is also triggggered when an NSP-assisted property contains 8 or more units. A property is defined as 1 or more buildings on an undivided lot or on contigguous lots or pparcels,, which are commonly owned and operated as 1 rental, cooperative or condominium project.
•iRequires workers be paid at least miniimum wagesprovided by Dept of Labor
• Acquisition Demolition Acquisition, Demolition, and soft costs do not trigger
Davis-Bacon
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development • Community Planning and Development

DAVIS-BACON IMPLEMENTATION
•• All bids & contracts subject to Davis-Bacon must contain
standard clauses on requirements
• Hold review Hold a preconstruction conference to review requirements with contractor

Prime or general contractor is responsible for full compliance, including lower tier subs

Contract administrator enforces requirements and idi i
provides infformation to contractor
http://www.hud.gov/offices/olr
and ggo to the Libraryy
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development • Community Planning and Development
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Neighborhood Stabilization Programs follow the rules for CDBG.
Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FROM THESE KNOW IT ALLS. THEY PROBABLY THINK DAVIS IS A PAST PRESIDENT AND BACON IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE WITH YOUR EGGS FOR BREAKFAST?
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Prominent non-Washtenaw County donors for Rick Snyder who gave at least $1,000 in 2009 (alphabetical order by last name; business titles are based on donor records or AnnArbor.com research)

$3,400
•Keith Alessi, CEO of Westmoreland Coal Co. (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
•John E. Coleman, CEO of Unisys (Annapolis, Md.)
•Richard Dauch, CEO of American Axle & Manufacturing (Bloomfield Hills)
•David T. Fischer Sr., owner of Suburban Collection (Bloomfield Hills)
•David Fischer Jr., owner of Suburban Collection (Bloomfield Hills)
•James Nicholson, president of PVS Chemicals Inc. (Grosse Pointe)
•John R. Rakolta Jr., CEO of Walbridge Aldinger Co. (Bloomfield Hills)
•Margaret Ann Riecker, president of Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow Foundation (Midland)
•Chris Rizik, partner with Ardesta and CEO of Renaissance Venture Capital Fund (Northville)
•Colette Rizik, homemaker (Northville)

$3,000
•Richard Baird, partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (Palatine, Ill.)

$2,000
•Eugene A. Gargaro, chairman of Masco Corp. (Grosse Pointe Shores)

$1,000
•James McCann, CEO of 1-800-Flowers.com (Manhasset, New York)
Mark Rohde, president of Rohde Construction (Grand Rapids )
•Robert P. Ufer, co-chairman of Service Brands International (Bloomfield Hills)
•Sam Zell, chairman of Equity Group Investments (Chicago, Ill.)

Contact AnnArbor.com’s Nathan Bomey at (734) 623-2587 or nathanbomey@annarbor.com. You can also follow him on Twitter

While $1,000 may seem small, what I have encountered in the past is mechanisms to reduce the appearance of a conflict. Several leaders of a company donate and sometimes even their wives donate as a homemaker.
Soave, when he had City management, had a political Action Pac that employees contributed to and the donations could be larger than an individual. Now we have super PACs to hide the money.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I found out today that a minority company was hired to frame ONE (yeah one of the nne) house, They expect to be finished by next Wednesday and do not expect any more contracts.

Oh and this minority contractor pays prevailing wages!
Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A shout out to AC Dumas, who confronted council about the lack of compliance with section 3 involving the hiring of local and minority workers on federal jobs and the absence of paying prevailing wages. He stated he verfied this.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 am 
ins&out
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I found out today that a minority company was hired to frame ONE (yeah one of the nne) house, They expect to be finished by next Wednesday and do not expect any more contracts.

Oh and this minority contractor pays prevailing wages!

Urban Builders, and their first bid was rejected for being to high. bids will be high with Genesee County prevailing wages.
This was/is a hush move for everyone who was at the City Council meeting. by time any action is taken the homes will be done.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I wish I had been at the council meeting as I am told that AC Dumas went to the Department of Justice and HUD with his complaint. Allegedly there was a meeting with Brown that did not go well.

HOW MUCH WILL WE PAY BACK THIS TIME!
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I just watched A C Dumas on Comcast 17 at the council meeting.

He had gone to the Department of Justice (DOJ) regarding the failure of the Emergency Manager and the Snyder Administrations failure to follow HUD guidelines as it relates to Smith Village. They had a meeting with the DOJ, Kurtz, brown and Yvonne Chavez, the Deputy Director of HUD.

THERE IS AN ANTICIPATED $2 MILLION DOLLAR REPAYMENT TO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE OF MIS-SPENT MONEY IN SMITH VILLAGE!

Dumas worked as a contractor on federal jobs in the past and is well versed in HUD rules.
He spoke to Rohde Construction and Ginosko administrators and was told they would not use local section 3 certified workers, and or contractors. When Dumas inquired as to why they had fired a mason who was laying the brick he was told the contractor was slow and his work was inferior. This was the same contractor who did the brick work on Harris Memorial Church in Burton and the work was said to be excellent, according to Dumas.

The DOJ called Dumas and inquired if he wanted to continue using their Community Relations Services.

Calls to Tracy Atkinson have gone unanswered.

Capital Access, the out-of-state firm hired by MSHDA to monitor the project
also did not respond to calls,

The 5th Ward Councilman Bernard Lawler was barred from attending any meetings regarding Smith Village, although the project is in his ward.

Mott College was the entity that certified workers and contractors for work under the federal section 3 designation and yet none were used. Local workers and contractors were denied the opportunity to benefit from the federal spending in our community.

According to Dumas, the Grand Rapids workers stay in Grand Blanc while they are working so the city economy gets little or no financial benefit.

Council plans on sending communications to Our federal Senators and Representatives.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Once again the lawsuit between Smith Village Development, Community Improvement Group , Jason Strayhorn, Mark De Maria against the City of Flint, Smith Village Construction, SE Metro Properties, Bret Russell and Greg Eason (individually) has stalled.

The case first stalled after 12/16/2011 and then attorney Ed Davison filed a motion to withdraw on 8/15/12. After that nothing until 3/18/2013 when the City filed a supplemental authority in support of it's motion for summary disposition.

Judge Yuille doesn't play games in his court. I believe the federal government is involved and that is why this case has been delayed. But that is my opinion based on what I have observed with other cases in this court.
Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

HUD denied a contract with Community Improvement Group because the bid was improperly bid by the City . Flint repaid HUD and then paid CIG what was owed
Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

University Park cost over runs helped cause our first financial emergency. Will Walling's and Eason's plan with HUD and Brown's continued implementation have us continue to be in debt. Our deficit is as high as it was when Snyder and his crew took over and the quality of life is worse.
Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: