FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Test #2 Real time debate coverage 7:30 10/15/06 join in!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The US Army taught me to call them as I see them!! The women is out of he league with Sheriff Mike Bouchard and you know it.

Your building issue is weak to say the least and yes he did mention the bill.

I will upload the debate so you can watch it again.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow has not done anything for Michigan and needs to go home and make cookies for her kiddies!

quote:
lb schreef:
Whether he actually said it was a bad bill or not, the inference is there that it wasn't important. I agree that we need more jobs in Flint, but Stabenow did not take those jobs away, the automakers did that. They made business decisions that resulted in jobs leaving here. Put the blame where it is due. Bouchard should have never even mentioned the bill at all. I am not playing the race card and you seem like a jerk. You would rather resort to name calling than to make an intellegent comment. Shame on you. It's people like you who help keep this community down. Didn't your mother teach you that it's now nice to call people names. Whether you like them or not, you should respect people.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted J

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Here's what I find interesting. Why are jobs leaving? It's so simple I don't understand why people deny it. The USA has too many silly laws concerning workers. That result in US companies that pay their executives extravagant wages, benefits and bonuses not being able to compete.

Now this can call researched. First off, just an insult to injury comment then the details. The Japanese Autoworker, makes more than the US UAW worker. Been that way for quite some time. But now to the reasons the US Companies are leaving.

The USA demands that we pay a Minimum wage. God forbid that people be allowed to work for a company and afford to buy what they make. Take 27 an hour at GM USA and compare it to 4 dollars a day at GM Mexico.

Then there’s those silly EPA regulations. The ones that hold business responsible for dumping cancer causing agents into the environment. In third world countries the stuff is just dumped on the premises. much cheaper to dispose of waste that way.

Then there is taxes. In the US we tax the business, then tax the business, then tax the business then tax the hell out of the citizen on top of it. Then tell the US companies to stay in the US! We tell them don't go overseas or off shore where you not only don't have to pay State, Federal and Local taxes to US communities, but you can import your goods to the US without paying any tariffs. I wouldn't want to move out of the US either. HUH?!

Then you can look at how laws and regulations are created. unfortunately, he who has the most $$ wins! Whether it be elections or new laws. Remember automaker Tucker? The Big Three attacked him pressuring government to close him down.

Reminds me of a speech by Samuel Clemens,
quote:
“There are two kinds of Christian morals, one private and the other public. These two are so distinct, so unrelated, that they are no more akin to each other than are archangels and politicians. During three hundred and sixty-three days in the year the American citizen is true to his Christian private morals, and keeps undefiled the nation's character at its best and highest; then in the other two days of the year he leaves his Christian private morals at home and carries his Christian public morals to the tax office and the polls, and does the best he can to damage and undo his whole year's faithful and righteous work. Without a blush he will vote for an unclean boss if that boss is his party's Moses, without compunction he will vote against the best man in the whole land if he is on the other ticket.”

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:18 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I'm confused...is the assertion that Bouchard, in criticising Stabenow as an ineffective Senator is therefore a racist because the person involved in the legislation was Rosa Parks?

Is that the claim?
If so, and I've heard/seen that ad: then I disagree. To me, clearly, Bouchard's claim is that Stabenow, being in office, what 2 terms now? is not serving her constituents if the ONLY legislation she has introduced is to rename a government building. The name is irrelevant, nor do I believe the name is mentioned in the ad, because it isn't the point of the ad; the point is she hasn't DONE ANYTHING BUT that piece of legislation. Now, whether you think that defines effectiveness or not is up to you. Nor do I know if it is true.

There is something to be said for voting in a complete imbecile. The hope, is they will be limited in the damage they can do. But with modern party politics, I think this argument untrue. The fact is the weak-minded [of any party] are probably more easily convinced to follow the party line, regardless the impact on a specific constituency.

I haven't found Stabenow to be particulary impressive in the ability department; but I think she scores well on the "mother/sincerity, desires to do good" motivation portion of the job. Unfortunately when Michigan is hurting relative to the rest of the country economically, I think we need someone more effective, and aggressive than Stabenow.

I believe we still send more money to Washington D.C. than what we get back, and that should change given we are near dead last if not so, in economic growth.

But is Bouchard the best answer? He seems to tout law enforcement [obviously his strong suite] more than any abilities to address economic growth. His statements about being a reformer of the tax/spend climate, I find a little naive. First secure the return of 100% of the taxes we send to Washington, then worry about cutting back the budget.

But a racist because Stabenow's only accomplishment is to rename a building? Hardly. That's a red herring.

Just my take, YMMV.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:12 pm 
rapunzel

I watched the Stabenow Vs. Bouchard Debate. Prior to debate I was undecided. Bouchard's commercials portrayed a nicer image.

Repeatedly he did not answer the question asked... instead attacked opponent. "blood bath" Steve says. Yep. might as well give him some boxing gloves cause he did not discuss issues.

I lost interest soon. Bouchard gave no insight into his plans to fix ?

Terry, your writings were helpful to playback how many times the questions were not answered.

Reminder...the judges forum is OCT. 29th at 1st Pres. 6pm

RAP
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:17 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
I watched the Stabenow Vs. Bouchard Debate. Prior to debate I was undecided. Bouchard's commercials portrayed a nicer image.

Repeatedly he did not answer the question asked... instead attacked opponent. "blood bath" Steve says. Yep. might as well give him some boxing gloves cause he did not discuss issues.

I lost interest soon. Bouchard gave no insight into his plans to fix ?

Terry, your writings were helpful to playback how many times the questions were not answered.

Reminder...the judges forum is OCT. 29th at 1st Pres. 6pm

RAP

Rap,
Whats the format of the judges forum? These are the most challenging for me to decide personally, since there seems to be less information on the candidates.

Terry,
I believe the quality of the information that can be provided real time in the debates is not worth the efforts you've undertaken. As you said, its hard to record the salient points of an active debate where the both the speakers and the topics change frequently.

Appreciate your candor in declaring your bias, but it also serves to diminish the value of the information, because regardless of the side taken, the receiver must assume some filtering of the points being made since you are not recording verbatim what the candidates are saying, but interpreting what you are hearing them say. Now there is nothing wrong with our having opinions and biases; just others reading the info need to account for those in trying to form our own opinions.

Appreciate your exploring this undertaking. I think we are all responsible to be informed voters and should be prepared to discharge that responsibility to the best of our abilities and situations, any tools that can help us understand the candidates better is appreciated.

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:46 pm 
TRB

Terry,
I believe the quality of the information that can be provided real time in the debates is not worth the efforts you've undertaken. As you said, its hard to record the salient points of an active debate where the both the speakers and the topics change frequently.

Appreciate your candor in declaring your bias, but it also serves to diminish the value of the information, because regardless of the side taken, the receiver must assume some filtering of the points being made since you are not recording verbatim what the candidates are saying, but interpreting what you are hearing them say. Now there is nothing wrong with our having opinions and biases; just others reading the info need to account for those in trying to form our own opinions.

Appreciate your exploring this undertaking. I think we are all responsible to be informed voters and should be prepared to discharge that responsibility to the best of our abilities and situations, any tools that can help us understand the candidates better is appreciated.[/quote]

I agree. You don't know if results will be worthwhile until you try. Posting the results of council meeting and neighborhood meetings may help the public good in this forum or another.
Thanks for the comments
Terry Bankert
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:18 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Rapunzel,

Do you remember what questions he failed to answer? I haven't watched the debate yet. I am really irritated that Stabenow couldn't play partisan politics and vote againts the liberal Republicans stupid bridge to nowhere project and a few other dumb things though. I'm hopeful that if Buchard gets elected he can help bring back the Republican party before it's too late. We have a national Republican slate that is almost to the left of democrats on spending issues which makes Republicans like me cringe.
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:12 pm 
sandals

Well this must be a normal Republican response don't answer the questions just attack your oppostion!
If you think that the Republicans do a better job for Michigan than why are we doing so bad?

Engler created the Mess and yes Bill Clinton signed NAFTA but he was wrong.
The federal government needs to enforce the trade laws but we have a major trade defecit with CHINA that we won't talk to them because they own your mortgage and mine!
Lots of blame to go around.

The people of this state need to start relying on facts not spin
Debbie Stabenow help stop the privitization of social security
help fund our military (watch IRAQ for sale and see were that money went)
JUST AN FYI on this Movie Dick DeVos's brother in law owns BLACKWATER one of these war profiteers!
This guy Bouchard is just another tow the line Republican who will vote with "W"
all the way.
So start doing your homework because if you want change than look at all the corruption in this Republican Party that is in control
By the way the Democratic Party has no power so anything they want brought to the floor is not allowed but those in charge now.
You also should ask the other Michigan Delegates what they have done to help the economy in Michigan because most of them belong to the Republican Party.
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:04 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: