FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Test #2 Real time debate coverage 7:30 10/15/06 join in!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok It's on
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

On the Manufacturing question. I personally think they both missed the whole point. Don't think either had the right answer!
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
TRB

Stabenow we need a president that understands an industrial stragegy..this president and the republicans do not..keep jobs here

Bouchards attacks the senator,
we need some one who gets results

Bouchard
civil rights and home land security
when in another country calls coming should be monitored if we suspect the caller a terrorist

Stabenow
Critical balance and I vote to support both,
I fought to support business and recently have received an award,,I understand how to protect middle class

Stabenow
impending attack
we are vulnerable for not parsing the 911 report..the republicans blocked it..I voted to help the police and have been honored by the police...

bouchard
I am a cop
Homeland security is pork barrell..[this is a republican program]
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:24 pm 
TRB

[b] bouchard I will plan to save social security but it should no be for illegals

[s]Stabenow I did not vote top give social security to illegals, I have worked to save it...

Bouchard sent Stabenow a thank you letter for her work on security

praise the other???[s] focus on clear difference
[b] is a probush republican
[s] continued...[b] did a good job with the homeland security dollars I sent him

[b]Bouchard
[s] is very committed she is a nice person I enjoyed working with her,

Q: values oriented voter what values drive you decisions
[b] we are in single state recession I do not want my daughter to leave state...[trb] he is not asking the question

[s]Stabenow
I am a member of the Methodist church, I try to keep up with my mother faith and hard work,,we are in a fight for the middle class

Bouchard sits on an insurance board that outsources jobs to china and
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:32 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

OMG! I can not believe this stupid women is the in Senate??

The more she talks, the dumber she sounds!!

This is not a debate it is a blood bath!LOL
Guy with axe

Last edited by Steve Myers on Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
trb

Iraqi
[s] too many missteps by the republicans..the Iraqis must step up to the task

[b] attack [s] again defending his career in the insurances industry [trb] he did not answer the Iraq question

Medicare tax increase do you support
[b] ask can we do differently, referenced his being a cop and privatizing jails [he did not answer question again

[s] bouchard sits on the insurance industry boars//

Medicare
[b] supports the president I do not
[s] I am leading the fight to pass a real Medicare reform

NAFTA
[s]we need new trade agrements..we want to export products..i support a trade prosecutor..stop illegal trade practices...We should reward companies here...

[b] defends again his insurance company business the question is NAFTA

NAFTA
[b] the question is what would he do he did not answer the question
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:39 pm 
trb

global warming

[b] attacked [s] and offered no alternatives

[s] I supported the Energy bill that has helped MI, we have the ability to say buy you fuel from us not the middle east

TRASH, why no MI
[s]we do not want to be trash dump for middle america..the president could stop it and he will not...I got fee on inspections and this got the Canadians attention

[b] attacked cheaply [s] Talking trash...
[b] Once again he is offering no proposals... just send me

CANADIAN AUTO RE: HEALTH CARE
universal HC coverage do you support
[s] yes, I have worked with auto industry on Health care ...make it legal to bring drugs back from Canada...

[b]no, I do not support universal health care
He did not offer an option nor answer the questions,
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:47 pm 
TRB

FEDERAL DEFICIT
[B] the republicans are wasting your money..evaded the subject again
[s] we must stop the tax subsidies to big business big oil, Haliburton,
its oputrageous how the president is spending $

SCANDALS
[s] I am cosponsor of lobbying , representives involvement and revolving door between congress and big business

[b] I am a cop, [oh boy this guy has nothing to offer]
He is offering no solutions

We need a new sheriff in DC

RACIAL SEGREGATION how do we stop
[B] empower urban areas, meet with urban leaders
[s] under the president we have no urban strategy, vote no on proposal 2 kep doors open

[s] to [b] you should return every dollar the pres and vice rpe raised for you

IMMIGRATION
[S] we have failed policies that are a race to the bottom good wages will st

[b] immigration is a saftey isue [remember he is a cop]
he argues more money to be poured in to the borarder
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 pm 
trb

[s] bring down the cost of energy by competition, she then cites laws she has sponsored for agrigculture, we are the leaders

WATER DIVERSON
[s] leave it up to state governors focus on invasive species and water quality

[b] attacks [s] but does not answer the question..he talked much but has no alternatives...

EDUCATION whose fault is it when a child does not get a good one
[b] the teachers
[s] the president and republican policies

CLOSING STATEMENT
[S]
He support Bush, I am fighting for middle class, tax incentive to create new jobs, transportation bill, we need to compete not pay less

[b]
he is a family man
he claimed he had results but did not specicy what he has delivered..

END DEBATE WHAT DO YOU THINK
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:06 pm 
lb

Bouchard keeps talking about the building that Debbie Stabenow had named. It is a slap to every one in this country. The building was named after Rosa Parks and for him to constantly bring it up as if it is not important is a slap in the face to every true American especially African Americans. I am very proud of what Rosa Parks did and that Debbie had the fore thought to do that. The Republican party does not care about African Americans and Bouchard constant jab at Debbie about this bill just proves it. They wonder why more African American are joining them. They need to pay attention to what is important to those other than themselves. They talk about being the party of inclusion but constantly show otherwise. If he truely cared about Michigan and this country, he would do all he could to bring us together, not tear us apart. Shame on Bouchard.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:19 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

One thing I'm noticing as i was attempting to confirm whether she voted for or against paying SSN benifits. None of the articles ever show what the BILL # is . Interesting. The media tells us what they want us to think. Instead of providing us with the ability to check the information ourselves.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:28 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can not believe this stupid women is the in Senate?? ! Universal health care??
We live in the biggest welfare state in the union!

Medical care is free now! Name one hospital that turns people away because they don't have Health Insurance?

My friend's son who has not worked for 2 years has better heath care then I do and he has a bridge card with a $160.00 bucks a month to boot!

Change the record already about Republicans not caring about blacks!
Bouchard never once said the name of the building and he never once said it was a bad bill either.

I could really care less about a symbolic gesture of naming a building after a person, it did not create one job here in Flint Michigan.

Shame on on you for playing the race card!

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
TRB

The real time test two review.

1.I cannot type to keep up with the debate, the lights were turned down could barely see the key board, did not power out took my cord...

2.I had no time to react to others posters.

3.I could not log in to edit, on the other hand I could not change anything, so these were my unedited impressions, it was easy to introduce bias...

4.I acknowledged I was partisan in the beginning.

5.This news in summery will be available from many source today. Our target should be more unique or under reported.

6.I went to the debate site but only one other person [lb] jumped in.Most wondered what the heck I was doing.

7. Five of us hitting the refresh button caused most of the hits I bet.

SUMMARY A debate is not a good forum for this reporting. The information obtained is not unique, my typing s----. city council, school board other governmental meeting, informational meetings and neighborhood meetings are better targets to report.

The Gov debate is tonite. I have the time to do this debate but again I just suspect the value. there are two forums coming up I will try. International Institute on proposal 2 and the Progressives on voter intimidation.

Again I am just testing an idea.

Goal: To test a mechanism for grass roots reporting, propose a template then encourage others to do it.

Your thoughts....

Terry Bankert
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:25 am 
lb

Whether he actually said it was a bad bill or not, the inference is there that it wasn't important. I agree that we need more jobs in Flint, but Stabenow did not take those jobs away, the automakers did that. They made business decisions that resulted in jobs leaving here. Put the blame where it is due. Bouchard should have never even mentioned the bill at all. I am not playing the race card and you seem like a jerk. You would rather resort to name calling than to make an intellegent comment. Shame on you. It's people like you who help keep this community down. Didn't your mother teach you that it's now nice to call people names. Whether you like them or not, you should respect people.
Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:16 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Here's what I find interesting. Why are jobs leaving? It's so simple I don't understand why people deny it. The USA has too many silly laws concerning workers. That result in US companies that pay their executives extravagant wages, benefits and bonuses not being able to compete.

Now this can call researched. First off, just an insult to injury comment then the details. The Japanese Autoworker, makes more than the US UAW worker. Been that way for quite some time. But now to the reasons the US Companies are leaving.

The USA demands that we pay a Minimum wage. God forbid that people be allowed to work for a company and afford to buy what they make. Take 27 an hour at GM USA and compare it to 4 dollars a day at GM Mexico.

Then there’s those silly EPA regulations. The ones that hold business responsible for dumping cancer causing agents into the environment. In third world countries the stuff is just dumped on the premises. much cheaper to dispose of waste that way.

Then there is taxes. In the US we tax the business, then tax the business, then tax the business then tax the hell out of the citizen on top of it. Then tell the US companies to stay in the US! We tell them don't go overseas or off shore where you not only don't have to pay State, Federal and Local taxes to US communities, but you can import your goods to the US without paying any tariffs. I wouldn't want to move out of the US either. HUH?!

Then you can look at how laws and regulations are created. unfortunately, he who has the most $$ wins! Whether it be elections or new laws. Remember automaker Tucker? The Big Three attacked him pressuring government to close him down.

Reminds me of a speech by Samuel Clemens,
quote:
“There are two kinds of Christian morals, one private and the other public. These two are so distinct, so unrelated, that they are no more akin to each other than are archangels and politicians. During three hundred and sixty-three days in the year the American citizen is true to his Christian private morals, and keeps undefiled the nation's character at its best and highest; then in the other two days of the year he leaves his Christian private morals at home and carries his Christian public morals to the tax office and the polls, and does the best he can to damage and undo his whole year's faithful and righteous work. Without a blush he will vote for an unclean boss if that boss is his party's Moses, without compunction he will vote against the best man in the whole land if he is on the other ticket.”

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:01 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: