FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Racist statement painted on a house?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's a boarded up house on Chevrolet, near Berkley with a statement painted on th plywood covering a window.
"This house is a reflection of ignorant n*****".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have a huge collection of racist grafitti that I collected years ago for the Sheriff's Department and this is mild.

M-live is filled with haters. They say blacks vote based on race and not on qualifications, so they get what they deserve. The call African Americans all kind of derogatory, but not illegal terms.

Flint has had very little choice in the election of qualied candidates because most do not want to take on the mess that many years of bad decision making, by blacks and whites, has made in this city.

Many African Americans that can afford to move to the suburbs already have. The sad state ofour schools have driven many with children to seek better options. For over 20 years I have known families that have used addresses of relatives and friends to place their children in better school districts.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Years ago the Satanic Nazi Warriors out of Flushing had the most vile racist grafitti that I have ever seen.

Burton, especially near Atherton and Saginaw and Dort Highway south of Atherton was bad. Clio had the Klio Hillbillies and the Iron Cross. Flint, especially the East Side, had a KKK group that according to the Southern Poverty law Center may have moved on. There were members of Hate Groups here from Pennsylvania because of legal problems incurred there. Downtown used to have significant racist grafitti painted near the park, including the White Power World Wide.

Grafitti needs to be documented and given to the police before it is painted over.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually this sign was put up by the black gal who owns the house. She stated that ni---- is used all the time by blacks. I have seen that to be true many times. Only whitey can be racist. Laughing And from what I have experienced some of the largest "hate groups" is comprised by blacks. Panthers, Louis Farrahgan, and of course the under the radar NAALCP.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/12/black_flint_homeowner_spraypai.html

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Black Flint homeowner spraypaints N-word on her home, says she's trying to send a message

Published: Monday, December 12, 2011, 5:00 PM

By David Harris | Flint Journal
Follow

Ryan Garza | The Flint Journa
lA house on Chevrolet Avenue displays a racial epithet that the black homeowner says is intended to send a message.
FLINT, Michigan — A black homeowner who said she was victimized by thieves said she put a racial epithet on a sign outside the house because she wants to "wake my people up."

The woman painted "This house is a reflection of ignorant n----s" on a piece of plywood covering the front porch window at a home she owns on Chevrolet Avenue near Berkley Street after someone stole windows and a kitchen sink.

"I put that sign up there because I'm disappointed in my people," said the woman, who declined to give her name. "I did it to wake my people up."

The Flint NAACP Flint branch, however, believes it is the sign that is ignorant, said chapter president Frances Gilcreast.

"That's a word that has long been offensive," said Flint NAACP branch president Frances Gilcreast said. "I'm just appalled that in 2011 these things continue to happen."

Gilcreast added the race of the person using the n-word doesn't matter to her.

A neighbor of the home, LaDale Woods, said he heard the woman's reasoning for putting the sign up and that it didn't bother him.

"They are doing terrible things to these houses," said Woods, 61.

Another neighbor, however, said he doesn't like the sign.

"It's ignorant of anyone to write that," said neighbor Martin Beard, 47.

The woman who owns the house said the word is commonly used in conversation and in black culture. She said the word is not offensive to her.

She said she doesn't live in the home and bought it in hopes of making it into a transitional home for homeless people to get back on their feet.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Drove by there and the bottom line of the sign is painted out.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: