FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A new hustle for Smith Village?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This is exactly why I don't believe federal projects should have an exclusive realtor.

Yesterday on Dayne Walling's show realtor Theresa Allen of Royal realty called Walling becuse she had a client interested in buying a home in Smith Village. She stated Charles Young Jr of Smith Village Construction told her she would have to pay an extra 6% to have her client purchase a home.

What about the concept of free and open competition? Finance people have to approve any potential buyer, so what is the big deal about who sells the home.

Am I wrong to believe this doesn't pass the smell test?

Walling told Allen to file a FOIA and he would explain it to her. She stated Eason won't return her calls.

Jackie Foster was in charge of the program but she is said to be on a serious sick leave. Does that leave anyone who knows what to do?

Others have advised Allen to contact MSHDA Executive Director Keith Molin. The money is NSP2 and came from the federal government to MSHDA and then to Flint and Genesee County.

The documents stated Leon Knott was the exclusive Realtor, but I have also heard it is Mary Taylor Realty. Was this portion bid out or do you think it should be open to all realtors. I know I have a trusted relationship with specific realtors and would be reluctant to just use anyone.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: