FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Kildee denies allegations!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Art Reyes

Washington, D.C.–Congressman Dale E. Kildee released the following statement
today in response to false allegations that he had inappropriate contact with a
second cousin more than 50 years ago.

“The allegations against me are completely false and shameful. I regret having
to air all of this in public, but I feel like I have no choice.

This is a concerted effort by distant relatives, two of whom have a long history
of mental illness and multiple run-ins with the law, along with political
adversaries to destroy my reputation by lying about something that never took
place more than 50 years ago.

Republicans tried to peddle these scurrilous allegations during my last
congressional race and authorities and reputable news outlets rejected these
false allegations. Now they are back at it again to try to win an open
congressional seat. These allegations resurfaced recently when the accuser’s
son asked me for money and federal benefits, which I refused to do and which I
formally reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The following audio tapes were recently posted online by the family in which
they discuss in their own words how they attempted to blackmail me. They further
state that they have no evidence to support their claims while discussing at
length the long history of mental illness. Twenty years ago, the accuser’s wife
called me demanding federal benefits. On the audio, the family admits to the
blackmail and says the accuser’s wife said, “you're going to get me his Social
Security disability, or I'm going to go public with that."

In addition, this letter is the last communication I had with my second cousin 23 years ago. The letter clearly shows he held no animosity towards me and can only be categorized as bizarre."
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/​article/20111120/​POLITICS03/111200336/​Rep.-Kildee-calls-sex-abuse​-claims-‘blackmail’#ixzz1eIc3y0lO​..
29 minutes ago · Like.
Last Updated: November 20. 2011 8:17PM.

Rep. Kildee calls sex abuse claims 'blackmail'

The Detroit News staff and wires

Washington, D.C.— Michigan Rep. Dale Kildee is refuting claims by family members that the longtime U.S. congressman sexually assaulted a family member decades ago, calling the attempts "blackmail."

The allegations were first reported Sunday in the Washington Times. Family members charge the Flint Democrat with sexual molestation of a second cousin over a five-year span some 50 years ago.

Kildee released the following statement Sunday in response to allegations, saying they have "no evidence to support their claims." :

"The allegations against me are completely false and shameful. I regret having to air all of this in public, but I feel like I have no choice.

"This is a concerted effort by distant relatives, two of whom have a long history of mental illness and multiple run-ins with the law, along with political adversaries to destroy my reputation by lying about something that never took place more than 50 years ago.

"Republicans tried to peddle these scurrilous allegations during my last congressional race and authorities and reputable news outlets rejected these false allegations. Now they are back at it again to try to win an open congressional seat. These allegations resurfaced recently when the accuser's son asked me for money and federal benefits, which I refused to do and which I formally reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

The 81-year-old congressman was first elected to the House in 1977.

Dan Kildee, a Democrat, said early this month that he'll run for the U.S. House seat held by his uncle, who announced in July he won't run next year after 18 terms.

(313) 222-2320

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111120/POLITICS03/111200336/Rep.-Kildee-calls-sex-abuse-claims-‘blackmail’#ixzz1eIkey0qv
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Congressman Dale Kildee responds to child molestation accusations
by NBC25 Newsroom

Posted: 1 hr, 24 mins ago

NBC25 Newsroom

The NBC25 Newsroom is a continuous news desk that keeps viewers connected to Flint, Saginaw, Bay City, and Midland.

read more »

Longtime congressman Dale Kildee is responding to allegations of inappropriate contact with a family member.

The 17-term congressman from Flint says allegations about sexually molesting a second cousin more than 50-years ago are "false and unfounded."

Kildee says it's "concerted effort by distant relatives, two of whom have a long history of mental illness and multiple run-ins with the law, along with political adversaries to destroy my reputation by lying about something that never took place more than 50 years ago."

Here is the complete statement sent out by Dale Kildee's office Sunday:

Washington, D.C.–Congressman Dale E. Kildee released the following statement today in response to false allegations that he had inappropriate contact with a second cousin more than 50 years ago.

“The allegations against me are completely false and shameful. I regret having to air all of this in public, but I feel like I have no choice.

This is a concerted effort by distant relatives, two of whom have a long history of mental illness and multiple run-ins with the law, along with political adversaries to destroy my reputation by lying about something that never took place more than 50 years ago.

Republicans tried to peddle these scurrilous allegations during my last congressional race and authorities and reputable news outlets rejected these false allegations. Now they are back at it again to try to win an open congressional seat. These allegations resurfaced recently when the accuser’s son asked me for money and federal benefits, which I refused to do and which I formally reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The following audio tape were recently posted online by the family in which they discuss in their own words how they attempted to blackmail me. They further state that they have no evidence to support their claims while discussing at length the long history of mental illness. Twenty years ago, the accuser’s wife called me demanding federal benefits. On the audio, the family admits to the blackmail and says the accuser’s wife said, “you're going to get me his Social Security disability, or I'm going to go public with that."

In addition, this letter is the last communication I had with my second cousin 23 years ago. The letter clearly shows he held no animosity towards me and can only be categorized as bizarre.”

####

Peter Karafotas

Deputy Chief of Staff/Legislative Director

U.S. Representative Dale E. Kildee (MI-05)

2107 Rayburn House Office Bldg.

Washington, D.C. 20515

(202) 225-3611 Phone

(202) 225-6393
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Genesee County Democratic chairman Art Reyes questions timing of child molestation allegations against Congressman Dale Kildee

Published: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 8:27 PM Updated: Sunday, November 20, 2011, 9:02 PM

By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — Genesee County Democratic chairman Art Reyes has questioned the timing and vaildity of a Washington Times report that alleges U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee of molesting a family member 50 years ago.

"Obviously I have the utmost sympathy for anybody that has been abused," said Reyes. "I guess I question the timing of something like this."

He said "This seems like a preemptive strike they will try and tie Dan (Kildee) to," referring to Kildee's nephew who is running for Kildee's seat in 2012.

Kildee has denied the allegations. Reyes said he's known Kildee since he was a child, helping during his first campaign for Congress in the 1970s.

"He's a fine example of a legislator and an individual," he said. Reyes said the source of the allegations in the Washington Times — which he called "an extremely conservative newspaper" — is questionable.

"This is a conservative rag that is throwing stuff out there," he said. "I do not believe this to be true. I do not believe what is out there."

For people who may say Kildee's retirement announcement may be tied to the allegations, Reyes said "Congressman Kildee has been dealing with medical issues concerning his wife."
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Michigan shared a link.

U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee contacted FBI after attempted shakedown
www.progressmichigan.org

The right-wing, Moonie-owned Washington Times ran a story over the weekend accusing Congressman Dale Kildee of sexual assault based on interviews with the accused's family, who are Kildee's cousins. Kildee just released this statement in which the Flint Democrat strongly denies the allegations and reveals he brought the FBI into the matter after an attempt to shake him down for money and a job.
Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 pm 
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

Understand the “Who and “Why” this story has been concocted.
Patrick: Mentally ill, drug addict how once vaguely stated that he was abused by a family member, now caught up in a lie that has benefited him by bring him back into the family for financial care and sympathy.

Jane; (Patrick’s mother) A mother heartbroken and guilt ridden for her son’s desperate life, piecing together a story and time line that the rest of the family (Traverse City Kildees’) finds no evidence of.

Sandy: (Patrick’s sister) repeating her mother’s story to elevate herself within her politics, religion and pro-life group.

U.S. Rep. Dale Kildee contacted FBI after attempted shakedown
http://www.progressmichigan.org/blog/2011/11/us-rep-dale-kildee-contacted-fbi-after-attempted-shakedown.html
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The video has family stating Patrick refused to release his mental records from the state mental hospital to prove his claims.

Poor reporting- when did the alleged plane trip to Traverse take place and how old was Patrick at the time? There have been references to mental illness in other family members, so has that also been linked to sexual abuse?

The time line is now age 15 and not age 12. So did the alleged abuse continue until Patrick was nearly 20 when the family said Kildee did not visit after he got married in 1965.

Other victims of repressed memories also believe the veracity of these memories. If it continued for years why did it not come out until therapy? Patrick was a young man at age 19 and 20 and according to his family already a drug and alcohol abuser. The story does not pass the smell test.
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

WNEMTV5news
‎"A WNEM -TV5 exclusive you won't want to miss. Tonight--congressman Dale Kildee denying accusations he sexually molested his young second cousin more than 50 years ago.
Tonight at 11---that second cousin, Patrick Kildee gives graphic details of what he says happened to him as a child. It's and exclusive I-Team report you won't find anywhere else at 11!"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/WNEMTV5
Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:49 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A one-on-one interview by Matt Franklin that is nearly ten minutes in length.

Congressman Dale Kildee speaks to ABC12 about allegations - WJRT2 days ago ... ABC 12 – WJRT – Flint, MICongressman Dale Kildee speaks to ABC12 about allegations. Member Center: ... By Matt Franklin - bio | email ...http://www.abc12.com/story/16092462/congressman-dale-kildee-speaks-to-abc12-about-allegation - - Cached - Similar pages
Post Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: