FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: I need my Pepcid Complete!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have tried every prescription drug on the market and they don't work. Suddenly my Pepcid Complete was gone in every store I looked at. I have now found out that many people miss this producr. The generic store brands just don't cut it.

Sometimes things go exactly as they should. This blog is not about those times.

Sunday, November 28, 2010The Mysterious Disappearance of Pepcid Complete
(Or they’d tell you what’s going on but then they’d have to kill you)

I’m not sure exactly when Pepcid Complete disappeared from the stores, but it was sometime between August and September of 2010.

At first I didn’t think much of it and bought whatever generic replacement was available. Unfortunately in the case of Pepcid Complete knockoffs the chewable pills are considerably more difficult to chew than the original brand so in what will probably end up being an ironic twist, the quality of real Pepcid Complete caused me to find out that Johnson and Johnson was somehow causing every bottle of the stuff to disappear from store shelves.

The Recall You Know
The first thing you’ll find if you start searching about the disappearance of Pepcid Complete is that there is an actual valid recall for that product active right now. If you dig a little bit, though, you’ll find that the recall only applies to the tropical fruit flavor of the product and not the other two, more popular, flavors and also that the recall only applies to one lot of Pepcid Complete (and also another lot of Pepcid AC which I could care less about).

Here’s the actual text of the recall:

Johnson & Johnson • Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals, Co. (JJMCP) is initiating a voluntary recall of one lot of PEPCID® COMPLETE®, lot number BEF062, and one lot of ORIGINAL STRENGTH PEPCID® AC®, lot number BFF010, from the wholesaler and retailer level. This is not a consumer level recall and the risk of a serious adverse health consequence is remote. The recall is being initiated because the potential exists for a small number of bottles within these two lots to have been punctured during the packaging process. The puncture was discovered as part of the company’s quality control processes.

As you can see from the recall text there’s NO way that the very minor recall they performed would result in the disappearance of all Pepcid Complete bottles for multiple drug store chains. So far I’ve visited 3 Wal Marts, 2 Rite-Aids and 1 Walgreens. As you can see there’s no Pepcid complete to be found anywhere.:

Pepcid Complete is Missing!
VIEW SLIDE SHOW DOWNLOAD ALL

Johnson & Johnson (the makers of Pepcid Complete) have, in the past, taken part in “Phantom Recalls” where they hire people to go in to drug stores and buy a brand up. I don’t think this explains what is going on with Pepcid Complete right now because the stores would naturally replenish their stocks and that hasn’t happened. In addition when I ask the people in the Please delete me! they say they aren’t aware of anything special going on with the Pepcid products.

Someone is fibbing. If anyone is reading this I hope you’ll help me figure out who…

Posted by Low Limit at 12:44 PM
Labels: antacid, Cover-up, drug, Pepcid, recall 59 comments:
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

WOW I went to Walgreens reluctantly to buy that crappy generic, only to find my Pepcid complete. FINALLY!
Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
WOW I went to Walgreens reluctantly to buy that crappy generic, only to find my Pepcid complete. FINALLY!
Is the expiration date OK? Old stock?
Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Plenty of time for the expiration date. Appears to be new.
Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Funny how the store brands seemed to make my stomach worse. Back on Pepcid and life is good!
Post Fri May 13, 2011 7:10 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No Pepcid once again and no explanation. Found out why the generics in all the drug stores don't work. They contain Aspartame and don't carry a warning! You have to peel back the page , which you can't do at Sam's as they are packaged in two bottles.
Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

There are some on ebay.
Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:14 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
No Pepcid once again and no explanation. Found out why the generics in all the drug stores don't work. They contain Aspartame and don't carry a warning! You have to peel back the page , which you can't do at Sam's as they are packaged in two bottles.
I am surprised there would be a sweetener in a generic form of Pepcid. I can taste aspartame when it is in any product and refuse to knowingly ingest the nasty stuff. When Dannon started using aspartame in Activia there were so many complaints they returned Activia to its original recipe.
--------------------------------------------------

Pepcid Complete (famotidine, calcium and magnesium)
http://www.drugs.com/mtm/pepcid-complete.html
-------------------------------------------------

Aspartame: A man-made sweetener with almost no calories used in place of sugar.

A diet program with aspartame and exercise gives better results than without this sweetener. People lose more weight and regain less weight.

Aspartame is a compound of two amino acids -- aspartic acid and phenylalanine. Because it is essentially half phenylalanine, people who have the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU) and cannot metabolize phenylalanine normally need to avoid diet drinks and other products containing aspartame (trade name: NutraSweet).

Source: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=12074
Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: