FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint brawls threaten Back to the Bricks
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The media won't be honest with you, but you can find out what is happening on Flint Police operations FACEBOOK. I went there as soon as i started receiving call about violence in downtown Flint last night.

Flint Police had to keep oficers on overtime and called in officers to help. The paddywagon was called in and officers had to borrow handcuffs as they did not have enough. Even our female officers were said to be "kicking butt' last night as Police attempted to reclaim the streets. Officers assisting from other jurisdictions had tasers and it seems obvious our Flint officers need them too.

The evening started badly in Rollingwood as a group of about 15 black males chased and threatened to rape 2 young girls ages 14 and 15. despite repeated calls to 911 the rollingwood watch finally called their councilman who called the Police Chief.

The big Fights:
Starting just before 9 pm
There was a large fight at Second Street and Saginaw.

Next a large fight at Court and Saginaw in front of the Halo Burger. The Paddy wagon was called in and one officer was cut on the hand.

Per south county: They are clearing the crowds out on Saginaw in Burton and Grand Blanc so that the police can concentrate on activity in Flint .

Next there was a large fight in front of the Mc Cree building with police involvement.

by 10 pm:
Be advised: Due to all the activity in Downtown Flint and surrounding areas, there are officers being held over on their shift this evening. Let's pray that they all go home safely tonight.

Other fights included:

one in the intersection of Saginaw and Boatfield in Burton.

Six carloads of people involved in a fight at Saginaw and Wellington by the Sunshine Bible shop
Later around midnight a group of about 20 was refusing to leave the parking lot at 1700 west university.

By 10 pm there were numerous complaints of shots fired in Flint and flint Township and officers were needed to report and investigate.

Shots fired at Delta and Epsilon as well as Branch and east Pierson in Rollingwood.

shots fired 2400 Devon

Shots fired at Sunset and Bradley

Shots fired Beecher at Court

Shots fired and injury at Clovertree Apartments off Court in Flint Twp

female firing shots from a vehicle in 1700 block of Mason

females dressed in Black firing shots at Taecken and Court

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I heard the same thing in fact I posted before I saw your piece. Oh well cant cover this topic too much and of course the silence from the lib media is to be expected. I can see the end of Back to the Bricks coming soon as no one in their right mind would want to expose their familys or valuable vehicles to the likes of Flints subculture.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 am 
Uncle Albert
F L I N T O I D

I have to ask a question, and I don't mean to be inflammatory, but there is no way to make it politically correct. What is the problem with the blacks in Flint? Before anyone accuses me of racism, I lived through the riots of the '60's, and in the next two decades probably did more to advance racial equality than most blacks did for themselves.

I had to make a decision last night at back to the bricks. The prudent thing to do was to stay off of S. Saginaw. Instead, we watched the Cruise. Perhaps 30-40 groups of teens-to 20's walked past us. None of the whites went out of their way to intimidate-several of the blacks did. Had we not been armed, and had a good dog with us, we would not have participated. The way the blacks were rioting (I know this from personal observation, reliable first-hand accounts and the police radio) reminded me the terrifying
sights I saw as a child. Why is it this way?

I don't know what the problem is, but could we please identify and rectify it. It's in everyone's best interest. There is no way I would raise a child in Flint. This must change.

If I seem to be a bigot, or racist, I regret that I have not made myself understood. If my assumptions are wrong, please grant me the respect of being an honest result of my culture.

Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:14 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Must be the hope and change we were promised! I am surprised the flash mob mentality has not surfaced it ugly head in flint. Bottom line you can take da brudder outa da hood but ya can't take da ghetto outa da brudder!

Now if that observation upsets you then you had better get your news elsewhere than Abc, Nbc, and Cbs.

Pan8
Out and about
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:58 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Flint Journal calls the downtown problems "minor incidents". No wonder people don't respect them as a true soource of news.

Organizers estimate Back to the Bricks has grown by 40 percent, maybe more, this year
Published: Saturday, August 20, 2011, 4:00 PM
By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — From its humble beginnings just six years ago, Back to the Bricks is now estimated to be 60 times as large as its inaugural event in 2005.

On the final day of the downtown Flint car show Saturday, organizers said the five-day Back to the Bricks extravaganza is estimated to have attracted more than 420,000 people — over 40 percent more than last year.

And, organizers believed final crowd estimates from police could have pushed the number closer to 500,000 people — if the weather cooperated at the close of auto show and cruise weekend, said Al Hatch, event founder and chairman.

“The crowds are just phenomenal,” Hatch said while standing along Saginaw Street as the day’s events were in full swing Saturday. “It’s beyond our expectations.”

Classic cars, hot rods, custom cruisers and even vintage hearses lined the streets for the car show and the low growl of souped-up engines could be heard from blocks away.

At about 2 p.m., a severe weather warning was announced at the main stage at the corner of Saginaw and Kearsley streets. Despite the warning, many stayed to enjoy the show.

Earlier, crowds of people walked among the cars and visited vendor stands throughout the sunny morning and steamy afternoon.

Earlier in the week, organizers chose to close the cruise at 9 p.m. instead of 10 p.m. because of what police described as minor incidents, but that's the standard ending time for other large cruises, including Woodward’s, Hatch said.

Overall, the week’s events were a resounding success for Flint and the surrounding communities, he said.

He pointed out that the kick-off event Tuesday at the US-23 Drive-In in Mundy Township drew more than 1,350 cars. Last year’s event had about 900, he said.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some one edited my page to eliminate the name Flint police Operations. Flint police Blotter has at times been somewhat unprofessional and i am sorry that Steve meyers feels he is being betrayed. I don't want music videos and other junk when i am looking for what is happening in Flint.

You say you don't mind me mentioning another site but then you delete the name.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Police arrest two for fighting at Back to the Bricks
Published: Friday, August 19, 2011, 9:39 PM Updated: Friday, August 19, 2011, 9:50 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — Police said there's been little trouble tonight during Back to the Bricks.

Two people were arrested after a fight broke out on Saginaw and 4th streets around 9:15 p.m., but the scene was quickly cleared. Car lovers were back to eating hamburgers at Halo Burger in peace by 9:30 p.m.

Flint police said there were a few other small fights this evening, but none of the festivities were been shut down early.

Collector cars were beginning to slowly file out of the area at 9:30 p.m. The car show is officially scheduled to continue through 10 p.m.

acrosstheoceannow August 20, 2011 at 11:53AM
Follow

I was at Blackstones having dinner at about 10:30 PM Saturday night. And I observed this sad state of affairs of angry baggy panted thugs walking around looking for trouble. Then a shot rang out and they all started running to gawk at whatever happened. It was frightening to many folks but I have been to this rodeo before. What is really sad is the hatred between races they create. There were plenty of black folks there enjoying dinner and they had their kids/families with them. Nice people just like you and me out to have a meal and a nice time. I am happy to share my community with nice people, and I am sure they are happy to be around me. It quite easy to distinguish thugs from nice people. Its their city too and they are just as disgusted with this culture of idiots as anyone else. There were HUNDREDS of these teenage black kids clearly getting ready to do nothing good. The police did a superior job routing them back north and away from the folks who were enjoying the evening. And believe me, the police had their work cut out for them last night. When the mob was running one nice lady with her toddler was crying in panic....she was a black lady. She suffered from the fear generated by these gangster wannabe retards. Its not because they are black that its a problem. Its because they are animals who get some other irresponsible teenage girl pregnant and they create more animals. They drop out of school, and are unemployable even if they were willing to work. Its a public health menace. I am saddened and disgusted by it, but it won' t make me dislike or pigeon hole black folks.

Inappropriate? Alert us.Reply Post new

poker4funn August 19, 2011 at 10:19PM
Follow

Its so very sad to have a great event like this spoiled by the uncivilized feral subculture of Flint. I did enjoy my time spent admiring the cars, but you could see the trouble brewing as there were groups of vulgar undesirables that were there to cause trouble, not enjoy the event.

NigletsAhoy August 19, 2011 at 10:32PM
Follow

As darkness fell, the crowd definitely changed. Good natured folks enjoying the activities were replaced with roaming packs of wannabe gangsters. By 9:00PM the natives were wilding, and the event had nothing whatsoever to do with automobiles. I witnessed multiple fights, while people were hurrying away with their children. I hope prosecutors make an example of these troublemakers in an effort to preserve one of the few positive things Flint has going for it.

octinw August 19, 2011 at 10:37PM
Follow

I am not sure what has to happen before elected officals FINALLY take crime in our area seriously enough to take the streets back. We need more police presence, not less. This was a great event which may have to be cancelled in future years due to violence.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

NigletsAhoy August 19, 2011 at 11:22PM
Follow

It isn't just the FJ... 20 minutes into the ABC12 11:00 news, all I have heard is how wonderful and peachy everything was today. Myself, along with others that witnessed what happened tonight, are quite angry that these thugs are endangering the Back to the Bricks. I saw the fear in people's eyes and it was very tense as everyone was rushing away with their families. I came home and listened to the scanner and heard the anxiousness in the officers voices as they were instructed to "walk shoulder to shoulder down Saginaw" in riot control maneuvers. I'm not sure who is doing the spin control, but I doubt that acting like it never happened will work for those that witnessed it.

paned65 August 20, 2011 at 12:07PM
Follow

It will take more than that to make this a real nrewspaper again.

427435 August 19, 2011 at 11:17PM
Follow

Just got home from a beautiful evening on Woodward and 13 mile .... didn't see any fights there.

doinit4me August 19, 2011 at 11:30PM
Follow

The previous comments are correct. The thugs and gangstas added an element or aura or preception that is undesireable and disruptive. The Flint Police Department currently does not have enough Officers to properly cover this event and handle the overwhelming number of calls at the same time. There are literally not enough to to both so both functions suffer.
So far, as long as people visit during the morning or afternoon hours they shouldn't have to deal with the thug and gangsta types. One of the up and coming phenomenon's is also being proved too, agressive and violent teenaged to early twenty year old girls were right in the middle of the trouble.

octinw August 19, 2011 at 11:31PM
Follow

This is why so many people have alternative news sources. You cannot trust the local media. I have been told the Mott Foundation has a great deal of influence over the media and they will do whatever they need to do to protect Flint's image. Sadly pretending everything is peachy, will do nothing to resolve the out of control crime.

h20h20h20h20 August 19, 2011 at 11:56PM
Follow

You can thank dayne walling for laying off 30% of the police force. There have always been criminals-but he has no street smarts. Instead of providing police presence he has laid the officers off and has chosen to to "talk" to criminals to convince them to accept a ceasefire .

Well we see what result that has brought-#1 in the country in murders, assaults, and violent crime. And now his policy is screwing up the terrific back to the bricks event. Time to get rid of him. Dump Dayne.

acrosstheoceannow August 20, 2011 at 2:46PM
Follow

@h20......are you saying vote for idiot Darryl Buchanan? If the only sad choice is Walling or Buchanan I am voting for Walling. I voted for Scott Smith in the primary. Sorry you missed by a few votes, Scott. The failings of Walling that you point out are 100% correct h20 but unfortunately Buchanan is an even worse choice.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

ripsaw1999 August 20, 2011 at 10:24AM
Follow

I left downtown around 9pm Saturday and was relieved to reach my car. I couldn't believe the large groups of thugs as everyone calls them, pushing and walking right through the crowd, trouble waiting to happen. I drove south on Saginaw st. and again was glad I made it past Applegate. Not getting caught down there that late again. Its on the downward slide....to bad.

BigDaddy August 20, 2011 at 10:49AM
Follow

First off, let me start by saying that everyone I know who attended the events this week have thoroughly enjoyed themselves and there is no chance whatsoever that this event is ever going away.

Secondly, let me say that yes, there were disruptive groups of young adults that caused problems after 9. For those of you that think it was one race or another, you are both right. There were a couple of fights downtown Flint on Friday night with black teens and young adults and there were a couple of fights in Burton with white teens and adults.

These fights are isolated events of idiots that want to cause trouble. None of you should be scared to come to the events during the day OR at night. These idiots are not going to start a fight with you...they are looking to start fights with other idiots.

Lastly, I would like to give a shout out to the cops during these events. I know a bunch of you seem to have problems with them "harassing" people for pulling burnouts, but they have it posted and have stated that burnouts are not allowed. If you choose to break the rules, you should expect to be "harassed". As far as the fighting goes, I witnessed the quick response of the police to the fights downtown who moved in quickly and in force and restored order within 10 minutes, which, considering the size of the crowd is a really good response time.

octinw August 20, 2011 at 11:36AM
Follow

I just talked with a police officer and told him according to the FJ and ABC 12, there were only two arrests last night at B2B. He said "Yeah right! We had a paddy wagon full last night". The media is not doing anyone any favors by trying to cover up or sugar coat the crime in Flint. I have learned to doubt anything they say or write due to stories like this.

James_Harvey_80 August 20, 2011 at 5:30PM
Follow

To the person who said there were fights in burton where were these at? I listened to the scanner all night not a peep out of Burton. The police let the gang bangers take over downtown during the event. Sad that we have people running for their lives with children during the event. I know I was working as a volunteer and saw all kinds of gang activity. People walking in the street yelling at cars and kicking them. I was at court and harrison saw one police all night long. Rediculous that we cannot provide proper security for these kinds of events. I would be shocked if they did it free next year. Need to start charging money the gang bangers wont come out.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:08 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I too watched ABC 12 and am amazed at the lack of reporting of the issues at this years event. Seems one must now monitor the internet to get any factual reporting. Another generation will see the demise of; the post office, news papers, alphabet media and ma bell.

Pan8
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You know whats kinda funny about this whole deal. Their were a few black hiphoppin brain dead thugs amongst hundreds or if you believe the reports thousands of attendees. Yet some how these punks apparently terrorized all those folks.

Whats the matter with America when we let members of a group that comprise 12% of the total population dictate what the rest of us are allowed to do in peace.

I think its time for the B2Bs folks to hire security maybe a bunch of Hells Angels types to handle these baby badasses send them crawling and sobbin back to their mommas or better yet not crawling at all.

As far as ch12 it would have been great if when Gatlin or Harris or some other bleeding heart reporter was in front of the camera blabbering away about how great things are at the event if a black flash mob did their thing to one or both of them. Now that wouild be some "eyewitness" news for sure.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:05 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Twotap as you can see from this article, the kids stated the whites made "easy targets". Plus black and white alike were terrorized, mostly because they had children and they feared for the safety of their children.

At least the media in other communities are not afraid to tell the truth!

Wisconsin State Fair wilding: police tapes document mob violence

By Erin CarlyleTue., Aug. 9 2011 at 11:13 AM

Fox6Now.com

​Police have released their log documenting last week's mayhem at the Wisconsin State Fair.
Witnesses say a group of dozens to 100 African-American teenagers ran wild at the fairgrounds last Thursday, fighting amongst themselves inside the fair and then attacking only white people outside the fairgrounds. Thirty-four people have been arrested, though their names have not yet been released.

"We're outside State Fair and there's a white guy getting beaten up by about 100 black people," says one caller.

Others sounds the alarm: "It's like a fricking riot out there. They're jumping on our cars and everything."

The transcript details some bizarre attacks, including a beating of a homeless man and a mob looting of a nearby gas station.

Though it contains only the sparest of details, the account gives a sense of the mad, racially-charged atmosphere that reigned at the fairgrounds last Thursday.

Police interview teens after the Wisconsin State Fair mob violence

Among the more dramatic moments is a report of a group of 20 to 25 black teens assaulting a State Fair worker, whose race was not listed. People in the mob also reportedly pummeled a homeless person. The raging teens also pulled one poor couple off their motorcycle, and somehow dragged the woman--she ended up with a fat lip.
The teens reportedly stomped on cars, and at least one of the kids was slinging a gun. Teens punched victims in the face and the head.

Here's the timeline from the West Allis Police's log:

2248: State Fair P.D. advised us that they shut the park down early because of a large amount of fights. They report large groups of people leaving the grounds.
2249: Walgreens reports lots of people in the area.

2259: 9-1-1 call received in regards to group of 25 black youths assaulting State Fair worker around 81/Greenfield.

2300: 9-1-1 call received in regards to fight at front entrance of State Fair. People are everywhere.
Groups of people chasing white people.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:38 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Time for the good folks of all color to grow some stones and take the streets back. Sadly I fear this will not happen in this day and age of the "metrosexual" feminist male that society has become. I say protect you and yours, stand fast and political correctness be damned! I'm ready, bring it on!

Pan8
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:20 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

45ACP, only because the 460 Smith & Wesson is too big & heavy to carry concealed.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I agree with pan8 the first time half a dozen of these worthless little f---ers wind up laying in the street oozing body fluids maybe the rest of the brainless idiots will get the message.

Unfortunatly for who ever does the shooting they will be cruicufied by the local lib media and the mommas of those fluid oozers along with the usual jacksons, sharptons and calypso louie F will be demandin justice for their babies.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: