FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: city budget
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ron

http://whatsupdowntown.com/BudgetMgt/bgt0607.asp
Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:13 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I keep hearing from people telling me that Don is paying for city services out of his own pocket (garbage trucks, paving streets, cleaning up the city, etc) Can anyone show me where in the City Budget I can find where He has been adding in his own money to pay for any of these services?
Post Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman

That would be wrong.... He has not paid for City services out of his own pocket. Particularly those that you listed. Garbage trucks came out of Sewer Fund, paving streets comes from the major and local street fund and clean-up seems to be no-existent now...... He did pay ofr clean-up prior to being elected, but since the election, there has been little effort by the Mayor to "clean-up" the City.....
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:46 am 
mark

Bullcrap Josh, there are a number of programs and volunteers cleaning up this city who the don pays for. Joe Wilson just the other day had some guys help clean this vacant lot on the south side of flint and help beautify the area by painting murals, planting flowers and picking up garbage by iaf.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:30 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Josh didn't the mayor pay for some stuff to get cleaned up when he was running for mayor? I've heard that was how he got elected.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:32 pm 
Josh Freeman

Yes he did...and that is why I said in my post that since the election there has been little outlay from the Mayor .... prior to being elected he was spending alot of his own money to clean this City. But to suggest that he continues to spend his own is absurd....
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:03 pm 
Mark

This happened in June Josh, so yes he still spends his own money.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:21 pm 
mark

To make sure you arnt confused, the painting and flower planting took place in June and the vacant lot the other day.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:29 pm 
Josh Freeman

I've seen no evidence that he has spent his money... much evidence of him spending taxpayer dollars though.... Just what I have seen....
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Let's see 237,950.00 more on the new garbage trucks... I'm wondering what his incentive was, since we paid 11,897.00 dollars more buying them form a more expensive and out of the city source. Or there was the 15,198.00 each spent on Tahoes which equals 607,920.00 more spent on tahoes instead of Impalas. This purchase didn't even follow the Bid Process. So we don't even have a clue how much more we spent on these even over purchasing them from a City Source Such as Applegate. They were not allowed to even bid on the contract. Yet we "SAVED MONEY" buying them from Suski? I have to wonder... what was the incentive for the Mayor to purchase these from Suski probably paying more than we would have had the City Ordinances been followed? Who got the extra money spent for these?

Let's see, this is undeniable that the City Spent 845,870.00 dollars more on service equipment for the City. Yet, according to the DON this is a savings? You figure it out and explain it to me. I don't see how spending almost a million more for goods is a savings? LOL I just don't get it? the book definition is: A reduction in expenditure or cost. How come I seem to be one of the few out there that understand that this is what it means.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
hector

LOL I met the mayor several times and just recently interviewed. I wcna't want to see the faces of his opponents when we re-elect him. this is a goo mayor, everyone always has their criticts and opponents.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:35 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

LOL LMAO I'd be behind him all the way if he'd just stop lying, and use a little common sense.

He is definately a goo Mayor. He will be outa there next time around.
LOL
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 pm 
hector

Sorry, typing 2 fast, "goo" should read good. And about the lying, I think what most of what u say he lies about, is information u dont understand, confused about or it looks vague. In fact, if you havnt already, why dont u go to visit him on wedsnday and ask him ur questions, in a polite, respectful, but up-front manner, like I did. For example, I asked him to describe his relationship with city council, why isnt there a permanent police chief and alot of other questions.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:37 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Been There Done That! It was a complete waste of time! If you seen my show today. I spent just a little bit of time talking about what I got out of my visit to the Mayor's office. Instead of arresting the criminal that broke into the neighbors house, getting the guns returned to my neighbor that the criminal stolen, instead of getting any satisfaction that my tax dollars are being used wisely. We get a new stop sign! http://www.cityofflint.net/Crime.htm

As far as Lying, Ok Which is safer? Tahoe or Impala? Which cost less? Tahoe or impala? Which cost less to maintain? Tahoe or impala? Which cost less to drive? Tahoe or Impala? Don's answer TAHOE the correct answer Impala!

Oh then there is the most obvious one. The first statement from the Mayor's 2006 State of the City Address. "IN 2005, WE SAW MAJOR CRIME REDUCED. THE RATE OF CRIME ALSO WAS REDUCED. AND WE SOLVED MORE CRIMES IN 2005. WE DID THIS WITH GOOD DECISIONS AND GREAT TEAMWORK" (direct copy) This follows a 12 percent increase in crime in 2005! Not my numbers City of Flint's Numbers! http://www.cityofflint.net/crime_rate_comparison.htm Which according to the City attorney I Quote again. "Crime statistics are available on the city's website at http://www.cityofflint.com/Police/Stat.htm” I have it broken down so even a kindergartner could understand at http://www.cityofflint.net/follow_up_sotca.htm First off a 12 percent increase isn’t a ‘Major reduction’ It’s a significant increase. To call it anything else isn’t an embellishment. It’s a flat out LIE. What else can call it. It’s not a misunderstanding. He said it, it isn’t true, what do you call a statement made that isn’t true? DO you think he couldn’t add up the crimes from 2004 and subtract them from the crimes in 2005? Well the fact is, he can’t! Because crime didn’t go down!

You cannot save money on repairs to Tahoes when the choices are Tahoes or Impalas and documented repair costs are lower on Impalas, You don’t have to be an engineer or have any special knowledge to know that Tahoes have a lower MPG rating than Impalas, You can go to any automotive website and view for yourself that every safety study done shows the tahoes to be 4 stars when the impala is 5 or the tahoe is 3 stars when the Impala is 4 stars. So they are obviously not safer. To say the opposite of the proven facts (Ie the Truth) is a Lie! There is no misunderstanding!

Any idiot willing to take 15 minutes to go to the city website and view the city ordinances http://www.amlegal.com/library/mi/flint.shtml can figure out for themselves that the impound lot is illegal by city ordinance. http://www.cityofflint.net/how_ironic_is_that_.htm That is, you can go there and read it for yourself if your concerned with finding out the truth!
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:29 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Oh and Hector, I was only teasing about the misspellings. I do it too. LOL
Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:30 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: